Jovetic's hamstring

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jovetic's hamstring

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:30 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Don't usually disagree with Ted, but in this instance I'll say that we haven't looked as if we are going to be prolific in the games I've seen.Dzeko is working hard but hasn't looked like scoring.The glassmen have got the goals but made no impression on a well organised StokeThough we bought well in the window, none of our new guys is gonna help us score, or indeed solve any on pitch problems, other than Fernando and he isn't gonna get any goals. So to that extent we are weaker, particularly as there are doubts YaYa is gonna raise himself out of his lethargy. Lets face it, if we had signed Falcao every one would have been more confident than now.

We haven't missed loads of chances. Therefore it wouldn't have made any difference. Bigger argument for signing DiMaria.

The player City missed is Hazard. Nobody else in particular.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Agree with that, Ted. We seem to be aiming to be more solid at the expense of cavalier cut and thrust.but another "fox in the box" type player would not have gone amiss. We can have this discussion at Xmas and know better where we stand, and what difference Falcao has made to the rags.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Agree with that, Ted. We seem to be aiming to be more solid at the expense of cavalier cut and thrust.but another "fox in the box" type player would not have gone amiss. We can have this discussion at Xmas and know better where we stand, and what difference Falcao has made to the rags.

Not much point, as he's too expensive, there's no chance of him coming to us at that money. It's not as if we just ignored him.

If he was available at the right price, he'd be at City.

No others who I can think of who I would particularly want, apart from DiMaria, but again, at half the price, not for what Utd paid, even if we were allowed to spend it.Not convinced by the potential signing of Reus next season either for that matter.

I don't know if we plan to give Iheanacho a chance this season, but if we do, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't score goals. If we loan him without at least having a look first, it's a bigger potential mistake than any mentioned so far imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 am

I can see both points of view here but lest we forget that last season our midfield contributed just as many goals as our forwards.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 am

This story has now appeared in the MUEN. There is no real comment on the extent of the injury but the players' history suggests he is not one for rushing back too quickly.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 am

This was the original report the day it happened.

http://www.vijesti.me/sport/jovetic-nap ... ozi-794649

Google translate:

Striker Manchester City and the first star team grabbed his hamstring muscle during the second half of training and precaution of leaving training .

The degree of violation should be known today, after detailed examination, but anyway - Jovetic is questionable for Moldova .

Selector Branko Brnovic but does not count on the injured Mark bass, while Vladimir Volkov probably not be ready until the reserves bench for ...
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Duckman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:This was the original report the day it happened.

Google translate:

Striker Manchester City and the first star team grabbed his hamstring muscle during the second half of training and precaution of leaving training .

The degree of violation should be known today, after detailed examination, but anyway - Jovetic is questionable for Moldova .

Selector Branko Brnovic but does not count on the injured Mark bass, while Vladimir Volkov probably not be ready until the reserves bench for ...

Had a look at the comments bellow the article, lots of people saying Stevan is acting out...

Montenegro is a teenie mini country, everyone knows everyone and stuff...
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 am

Duckman wrote:

Google translate:

Had a look at the comments bellow the article, lots of people saying Stevan is acting out...

Really??!! That surprises me, always thought he came across as very patriotic.

Good news for us if true though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Duckman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Duckman wrote:

Google translate:

Maybe he is, but maybe he knows this season is the season for him to shine so he's doing everything in order to fuckin make it with city...
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:39 am

Duckman wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Duckman wrote:

Google translate:

Maybe he is, but maybe he knows this season is the season for him to shine so he's doing everything in order to fuckin make it with city...

Here's hoping. I'm a big fan of this kid, brings that directness to our game that most others in the squad lack.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Jojo not in the squad for Mont tonight. Seems the reports had some truth in them. At least they have Savic
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Spurge » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Jojo not in the squad for Mont tonight. Seems the reports had some truth in them. At least they have Savic

We will find out tomorrow it seems. If he genuinely has even tweaked it he shouldn't be considered for the Arsenal game. Might see us play 1 up front which on their ground with their strength in midfield I'd be comfortable with - Edin or Sergio? Silva in behind - bagged one at the emirates last season and scored tonight!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ty-arsenal
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Hopefully the Count will apply a bit of grey matter to this fixture after the Charity debacle
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:08 am

He may well do, but just a reminder that when he did it last season, we got beat at Chelsea, Barca & scouse & drew at Arsenal.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Clowncrete » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:He may well do, but just a reminder that when he did it last season, we got beat at Chelsea, Barca & scouse & drew at Arsenal.

You are saying that we screwed up the above matches because of a 5 man midfield?
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby phips » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:29 am

just play a 4-4-2 of with Dzeko and Aguero leading the line ahead of Silva, Nasri, and the Ferns
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 am

Clowncrete wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He may well do, but just a reminder that when he did it last season, we got beat at Chelsea, Barca & scouse & drew at Arsenal.

You are saying that we screwed up the above matches because of a 5 man midfield?

I'm saying that there was no suggestion it worked better than our usual formation, so anyone suggesting it as the obvious system to use, is not taking into account the fact that it didn't work as intended in those games, so there is an equal arguement for staying as we are.

I am open to both systems & would probably use 5 in midfield, but it could equally be the case that we win 3-0 if we attack with 2 up front, because we overpower the oppo defence but lose 2-0 with 5 in midfield, because we cancel each other out & let 2 in from corners.

It's not nailed on to be the best option.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

I'm saying that there was no suggestion it worked better than our usual formation, so anyone suggesting it as the obvious system to use, is not taking into account the fact that it didn't work as intended in those games, so there is an equal arguement for staying as we are.

I am open to both systems & would probably use 5 in midfield, but it could equally be the case that we win 3-0 if we attack with 2 up front, because we overpower the oppo defence but lose 2-0 with 5 in midfield, because we cancel each other out & let 2 in from corners.

It's not nailed on to be the best option.

Luckily... We will get to play the match and see. And thanks to one superawesomefantastic friend I've got a ticket and will be hoping for some sun and all three points since I'm greedy like that.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby jimmyc008 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php

Manchester City
Injuries: 3

S Jovetic / Hamstring Injury / no return date
P Zabaleta / Knock / 13th Sep 14
Fernando / Groin/Pelvis Injury / 13th Sep 14
jimmyc008
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:23 pm

jimmyc008 wrote:http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Manchester City
Injuries: 3

S Jovetic / Hamstring Injury / no return date
P Zabaleta / Knock / 13th Sep 14
Fernando / Groin/Pelvis Injury / 13th Sep 14

chelsea
injuries: 2

d costa / hamstring injury / no return date
e hazard / knock / no return date

i'd be more concerned if i was a chelsea fan...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum