Jovetic's hamstring

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jovetic's hamstring

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Give it 3-4 weeks and no doubt Edin will be left to carry our strike force up top as he will be the only when fit, as he was last year from Feb - April.

No doubt he will be still be slagged off but at least he has a knack of a) scoring goals, and b) actually being available for selection.

I don't disagree with selling Negredo as he basically had contributed nothing since January anyway and was largely a mouse away from home, putting in the majority of his goal at the Etihad. The problem is the fact we are left one short up top, and two of the other three are serial sicknotes.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 pm

During the summer, I probably bored everyone to tears by continually saying that we needed an extra forward - and that was when, at that stage, we already had four.

Now that we seem to be, potentially, down to the bare bones in the striker Department, last season's goal scoring feast seems doomed to be superceded in this new campaign, with a famine in that respect.

Perhaps we'll just have to rely upon a rock-solid defence to see us through over the next nine months.........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:During the summer, I probably bored everyone to tears by continually saying that we needed an extra forward - and that was when, at that stage, we already had four.

Now that we seem to be, potentially, down to the bare bones in the striker Department, last season's goal scoring feast seems doomed to be superceded in this new campaign, with a famine in that respect.

Perhaps we'll just have to rely upon a rock-solid defence to see us through over the next nine months.........

nine months?

There's another window
There's Nasri*
There's Silva*
There's Yaya*
There's Inehenacho (poss poor spelling) who might just arrive next month

*who as already mentioned by others could play in behind.

Oh and Aguero was still fit last time I looked (and scored for Argentina in the week so er.... in form too!)

How long is Jovetic out for btw?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:00 pm

reports that a knee jerk reaction is the cause behind jojo hammy injury....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Is he actually injured?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Is he actually injured?

Exactly - nobody actually knows anything
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:27 am

I heard he was injured during a Radio5 news piece yesterday - thought it was odd when they got to the sports news and started with "Manchester city's...." Anyway it said that the extent of the injury was not known and medical advice was being sought, so I think it is safe to say he's injured but whether it's a tear, a tweak or his leg's fallen off I have no idea
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:33 am

Dunnylad wrote:I heard he was injured during a Radio5 news piece yesterday - thought it was odd when they got to the sports news and started with "Manchester city's...." Anyway it said that the extent of the injury was not known and medical advice was being sought, so I think it is safe to say he's injured but whether it's a tear, a tweak or his leg's fallen off I have no idea

..or If he got injured listening to the radio it could just be an ear injury...or, glass half empty, he fell off the roof like rod hull trying to get a better reception
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:43 am

Whilst I am a firm believer in having four strikers in the squad, due to the circumstances of this transfer window, (which has been a fantastic bit of jugging; getting a great price for Negredo, who had to leave, Rodwell, Garcia out, Richards out on loan, plus signing players in positions we desperately needed, plus having squad restrictions for Champions League which means we have to kick a player out if we sign from overseas) signing a replacement worth having, would have been very very difficult, & people moaning about it, as if it was some piss easy job to fix the situation, are being dicks.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ruralblue » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 am

Hard to speculate when we haven't a clue if it is definite or even the extent of the injury.

One thing is for sure with Negredo going I would have been happier us having a fourth choice forward. Fair do's we can play one up top with any of Silva, Madrid or Yaya playing just behind but if he his fucked and with the risks to Serg we could come unstuck. Would rather have seen us maybe keep Devante Cole and maybe play him for the Sheffield Wed game to allow him first team experience especially in these type of games.

Still we don't know again what's going on.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:18 am

ruralblue wrote:Hard to speculate when we haven't a clue if it is definite or even the extent of the injury.

One thing is for sure with Negredo going I would have been happier us having a fourth choice forward. Fair do's we can play one up top with any of Silva, Madrid or Yaya playing just behind but if he his fucked and with the risks to Serg we could come unstuck. Would rather have seen us maybe keep Devante Cole and maybe play him for the Sheffield Wed game to allow him first team experience especially in these type of games.

Still we don't know again what's going on.

This perhaps ?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... ember-2014

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:53 am

Taking that quote from Vinnie, that everything is long term at City, maybe it also applies to injuries.

Maybe we are so efficient in the running of our club that we have pre-planned Jovetic's injury for next week.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:42 pm

So this is just minor injury , we really gamble with our two glass boys but hen again we could always play Yaya up or Nasri or Silva in a kind 4411 formation. If nothing we know Dzeko need a bullet in knee to be injured .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Spurge wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:During the summer, I probably bored everyone to tears by continually saying that we needed an extra forward - and that was when, at that stage, we already had four.

nine months?

There's another window
There's Nasri*
There's Silva*
There's Yaya*
There's Inehenacho (poss poor spelling) who might just arrive next month

*who as already mentioned by others could play in behind.

Oh and Aguero was still fit last time I looked (and scored for Argentina in the week so er.... in form too!)

How long is Jovetic out for btw?

Glad to see you're so calm, unconcerned and equipped with estimable 'sang froid' about such considerations.

On that basis, if Edin got injured next week and Jovetic and Aguero were also struggling, I take it you'd be more than happy to see Yaya, or Nasri, or Silva leading the line (except in January when Yaya will be at ACON).

Promising as Inehenacho may, or may not, be, as yet he is still unproven in the PL. He may turn out to be the answer to all our prayers; I hope so but, at the moment, he is not even able to play for us until October and if he gets a work permit..

With regard to buying in January, there aren't that many reasonably priced deals afoot as the whole merry-go-round gets even crazier at that time of the year and we've always got the FFP spectre hovering over our shoulders. Moreover, any players bought in January may not settle very quickly and provide the immediate impact we could need.

All in all, I just wish I was as unconcerned about it as yourself, whilst hoping Edin doesn't get injured. In the summer I would have preferred us to have got another striker instead of paying out what we did on Mangala.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Even injured he's a sexy bastard on Instagram, soooooo...there's that. Chins up cuntholes.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Even injured he's a sexy bastard on Instagram, soooooo...there's that. Chins up cuntholes.

Cheers

Thanks for that Doomie.

After that rousing rallying-call, I feel strangely uninspired.....
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:30 pm

The point is; shit happens.

If it was a case of City just being casual about it, then it's worth a moan. The Count didn't want Negredo to go, Negredo wanted to go. We sorted it for a profit.

We don't want some cunt on loan who is not good enough to replace him. Nor do we want to sign a player on a big expensive contract, just to make up the numbers. We asked about Falcao & the rags have paid desperation money for him.

If we are inconvenienced a bit by it, then we are inconvenienced; we do what we can without being fucking stupid.

Then next season, we continue building a team to be the best. Not sticking very expensive plasters over the weaker bits; we solve the problems properly.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The point is; shit happens.

If it was a case of City just being casual about it, then it's worth a moan. The Count didn't want Negredo to go, Negredo wanted to go. We sorted it for a profit.

We don't want some cunt on loan who is not good enough to replace him. Nor do we want to sign a player on a big expensive contract, just to make up the numbers. We asked about Falcao & the rags have paid desperation money for him.

If we are inconvenienced a bit by it, then we are inconvenienced; we do what we can without being fucking stupid.

Then next season, we continue building a team to be the best. Not sticking very expensive plasters over the weaker bits; we solve the problems properly.

It's not about sticking plaster or an inconvenience, in my own mind it's about determining priorities, given our FFP constraints.

Personally, I always favour strengthening the attack, even at the expense of the defence, however, I've already made that point umpteen times and I can't add anything further to it than what I've already posted in this thread, so I'll now give everyone a break and belt up about it.

I just hope the possible situation we could find ourselves in doesn't become a fearsome predicament and kicks us in the teeth.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Priority was central defence.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Don't usually disagree with Ted, but in this instance I'll say that we haven't looked as if we are going to be prolific in the games I've seen.Dzeko is working hard but hasn't looked like scoring.The glassmen have got the goals but made no impression on a well organised StokeThough we bought well in the window, none of our new guys is gonna help us score, or indeed solve any on pitch problems, other than Fernando and he isn't gonna get any goals. So to that extent we are weaker, particularly as there are doubts YaYa is gonna raise himself out of his lethargy. Lets face it, if we had signed Falcao every one would have been more confident than now.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum