This week's Internationals

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This week's Internationals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Slim wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:zabba lucky to go on, very nasty challenge by podolski

who we playing after the international match break?

Arsenal Bayern Chelsea

I think NT knew that, who does Podolski play for?

Ok. Penny dropped
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Looked liked glimpses of good stuff there only let down with the wrong final ball or just players trying to hog it. We've got the makings of a decent young side, not world beaters, but decent.

Good to see a decent mix of players rather than 7 Rags and 7 Dippers, it at least gives other supporters a chance to see their players during this silly International break.

Rather they played 7 rags and 7 dippers, fucking waster games 3 weeks into the new season? FIFA merely trying to cash in on people's renewed interest.

I know mate, it's just inbuilt for me to support England. If I had the choice I'd stop all mid-season Internationals and give them the extra weeks in the closed season, ready for tournaments. That way we'd get the season to support the club and the off season to keep us interested.

That doesn't make money for shitehouse games though, so I'll never make president.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 pm

If you sat through the full 90 mins of the England match you need your head testing.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Looked liked glimpses of good stuff there only let down with the wrong final ball or just players trying to hog it. We've got the makings of a decent young side, not world beaters, but decent.

Good to see a decent mix of players rather than 7 Rags and 7 Dippers, it at least gives other supporters a chance to see their players during this silly International break.

Rather they played 7 rags and 7 dippers, fucking waster games 3 weeks into the new season? FIFA merely trying to cash in on people's renewed interest.

I know mate, it's just inbuilt for me to support England. If I had the choice I'd stop all mid-season Internationals and give them the extra weeks in the closed season, ready for tournaments. That way we'd get the season to support the club and the off season to keep us interested.

That doesn't make money for shitehouse games though, so I'll never make president.

Many other leagues manage to participate in this sham and manage to have a winter break and start and finish within a week of our league, I just think the FA are doing a piss poor job of scheduling in general and FIFA aren't helping with these pissy friendlies.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:

Many other leagues manage to participate in this sham and manage to have a winter break and start and finish within a week of our league, I just think the FA are doing a piss poor job of scheduling in general and FIFA aren't helping with these pissy friendlies.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you mate but as the Premier League is quite different to most, with the amount of games and governing bodies at loggerheads, it'll never change. Just look at our scheduling for the first game in the CL and the games either side. I read that the Bundesliga take the CL into account and entertain a change of schedule for the clubs involved. Here, it seems that they actively use the CL to burden certain teams.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Only two shots on target Hodgson says don't give me that one! Rooney poor as usual.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Watched both games. Awful cunt of a challenge on Zabba. Could have finished his season; lucky to get away with a knock (hopefully).

DiMaria was motm v the Germans & played very well. He was however playing v a guy who was Germany's Stephen Jordan, & both their cbs were missing. He could also have put Aguero through about 4 or 5 more times but fucked it up, so whilst it was a very good performance, it wasn't the 'best performance at this level for a long long time' which Hargreaves said it was. Fuckinell you can tell Maria has signed for them. Incredible felching from the commentators.

Imo, every time I've seen England play since last season, they have been better without Rooney. I was watching DiMaria, then Rooney & just thinking that if City had their squad, Rooney would be the one I'd drop for Falcao.

England are a fucking shit team, most of the players are shit & Milner looks like he's been fitness training with Micah Richards. Worrying.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:35 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:If you sat through the full 90 mins of the England match you need your head testing.

Can't believe I did it, but I made the mistake of watching the entire England game in all its pedestrian mediocrity.

That's 90+ minutes of my life I'll never get back and you're right LAHAD, I need to get my head tested.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:30 am

woy has to go
nice guy but the football world has moved on
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Last night, Rooney was so ineptly and abjectly awful that when Wellbeck came on to replace him in the second half, he almost looked like a half-decent player by comparison.

However, it's all vaguely relative and Wellbeck only has the potential to be barely adequate, but Shrek's abysmal incompetence will be glossed over by the fact that he converted the penalty and this then allowed the commentators to descend into paroxysms of delight over his goal scoring record for England.

When is Hodgson going to bite the bullet and kick the Scummer out ??

PS
Heard this morning that we are now down to No.20 in the world rankings and even this lowered assessment flatters us completely. How on earth has it all come to this ?? (NB Rhetorical question)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:22 pm

The FA wont listen to reason, so maybe they will listen to finance. A few more 40k Wembley attendances for shite performances ought to do the trick. And there will be plenty of shite performances to look forward to with the captain almost guaranteed game time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm

I like the way the Beeb wrote a 'Tia Maria Hat trick' .... in bold print and then qualified it as 'of assists'

didn't mention the goal getters though.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Excellent individual goal by Dzeko but no mention of it in the media. I wonder why.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Why Kompany played ill never understand but at least he played all 90, meaning he wasnt injured
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:50 pm

zuricity wrote:I like the way the Beeb wrote a 'Tia Maria Hat trick' .... in bold print and then qualified it as 'of assists'

didn't mention the goal getters though.

Yea it was all about how fucking great he was not a mention of serg. Sad really.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Holy shit.

The goal scored by Georgia's latest star man v Ireland nearly made me fart involuntarily.

What a fucking goal.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Wiggy sells shirts so therefore will be capt and will remain the centre piece of the FA's team not Hodgsons, even though he's dogshit.
Also Hodgson spouting the Swiss games come to soon ycmiu!!!
I'd rather watch city's women's team and that's saying summat....
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Boateng is such a shithouse.

Moaning to Muller at half time because Naysmith keeps out muscling him & he wants free kicks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:26 pm

Anyone watching this Scotland Germany game, would remember exactly why Boateng can't play in the Premier League.

And the performance of the German back 4 puts into perspective the ridiculous arse licking of DiMaria the other night. Unfortunately, Scotland's defence is as bad.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:26 pm

I don't know why but I always want the home nations to win, and I include ROI in that, but what am I supposed to do with the Sweaty Socks now with their vote for 'Freedom'?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum