Hidden plan behind sales ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hidden plan behind sales ?

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 am

Check this out:

City restrictions to be lifted:

Manchester City will see their spending restrictions lifted by UEFA bosses after turning a transfer profit this summer.

The Citizens, who spent their entire cap of £49.9m bringing in the likes of Fernando, Eliaquim Mangala and Willy Caballero, were still able to balance their books in style.
Valencia agreed to pay the Premier League champions a £2m loan fee for striker Alvaro Negredo on deadline day, with a cast-iron guarantee of a further £23m to complete the purchase.
City will also pick up around £4.8m in total for a similar arrangement they struck with Fiorentina for defender Micah Richards. They were also able to sell young Welsh midfielder Emyr Hughes to Wigan for £3.5m.
It means City, who had previously sold Jack Rodwell, Gareth Barry and Javi Garcia for a combined £25m, will actually show a player trading profit of £9m.
UEFA chiefs slapped a two-year spending cap on the Manchester outfit for breaching their Financial Fair Play rules but with the promise the second year would be lifted if they toed the line.

Then remember this from City's response to the sanctions, when people didn't understand what it meant as it conflicted with UEFA's version ?

"The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season."

Looks like the transfer restrictions will be over next summer. What a job the Spaffia have done, again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Hidden plan behind sales ?

Postby Lee_R » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 am

Fab.. as long as we can win something.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 am

If we can't, we will be in a very very strong position to go up another level again next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Check this out:

City restrictions to be lifted:

Manchester City will see their spending restrictions lifted by UEFA bosses after turning a transfer profit this summer.

The Citizens, who spent their entire cap of £49.9m bringing in the likes of Fernando, Eliaquim Mangala and Willy Caballero, were still able to balance their books in style.
Valencia agreed to pay the Premier League champions a £2m loan fee for striker Alvaro Negredo on deadline day, with a cast-iron guarantee of a further £23m to complete the purchase.
City will also pick up around £4.8m in total for a similar arrangement they struck with Fiorentina for defender Micah Richards. They were also able to sell young Welsh midfielder Emyr Hughes to Wigan for £3.5m.
It means City, who had previously sold Jack Rodwell, Gareth Barry and Javi Garcia for a combined £25m, will actually show a player trading profit of £9m.
UEFA chiefs slapped a two-year spending cap on the Manchester outfit for breaching their Financial Fair Play rules but with the promise the second year would be lifted if they toed the line.

Then remember this from City's response to the sanctions, when people didn't understand what it meant as it conflicted with UEFA's version ?

"The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season."

Looks like the transfer restrictions will be over next summer. What a job the Spaffia have done, again.

source?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:45 am

Internet.

Some site, somewhere.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Internet.

Some site, somewhere.

kinkshed dot com seems to be a popular one this past weekend. Could it have been that one?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Some site, somewhere.

kinkshed dot com seems to be a popular one this past weekend. Could it have been that one?

cheers

Not sure.

Does it have naked pictures of Jennifer Lawrence ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 am

I wonder if any thought was given to holding back the sales of players such as Nastasic, Guidetti, Sinclair etc. until January, when transfer fees are notoriously further inflated ??

On that basis, an ambitious but underperforming club might, at that stage, be desperate for a defender and could be prepared to stump up a sum approaching £20 million, or so, for Nastasic, which would be gratifyingly nice. What would be even nicer would be if it was someone such as Whinger or, 'mirabile dictu' The Scum !!....but that's probably pushing credibility too far.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:55 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if any thought was given to holding back the sales of players such as Nastasic, Guidetti, Sinclair etc. until January, when transfer fees are notoriously further inflated ??

On that basis, an ambitious but underperforming club might, at that stage, be desperate for a defender and could be prepared to stump up a sum approaching £20 million, or so, for Nastasic, which would be gratifyingly nice. What would be even nicer would be if it was someone such as Whinger or, 'mirabile dictu' The Scum !!....but that's probably pushing credibility too far.

I think it's just a case of nobody wants to pay for them, just loan deals, & in Nasti's case he refused to go. Guidetti still trying to fix a loan deal at celtic.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Duckman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 am

I thought we loaned Huws to Wigan?
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 am

Duckman wrote:I thought we loaned Huws to Wigan?

We did initially but then Wigan made it permanent yesterday.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Some site, somewhere.

cheers

Not sure.

Does it have naked pictures of Jennifer Lawrence ?

No idea. But let's say if I found one of her in an awesome bathing suit or sucking her thumb I might visit it. She's peachy.

Related, how crap is Kate Upton? Sorry Craig.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Kaley Cuoco is where its at nowadays!

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Chinners wrote:Kaley Cuoco is where its at nowadays!

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

I find her annoying. I would give her a polite but sturdy grudgefuck just to let her know that tho.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

I don't know who either of them are.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:56 pm

but if all we needed to do was comply with the restrictions, why did we need to leave ourselves with 2.5 strikers? we didn't need to show a "profit" at all. we could have kept negredo - or spent money on his replacement - and still been in full compliance.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:58 pm

My understanding of how the restrictions will be lifted is if we show a profit when we publish our accounts, rather than showing a profit on transfers (though the latter obviously helps the former). We may not even need to show a profit if we're within UEFA's acceptable loss figure (although I expect us to be in profit).
The only thing that caught us out last time was UEFA changing the goal posts at the last minute - we were within their unaltered regulations but of course they made a 'City' revision especially for us.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Can't see that it's just a case of complying with the restrictions & we get the limit lifted. That would mean that if we spent more than 50 mil, the only penalty would have been to have the ban stay in place next season, so why not just ignore it ?

That would be a one year transfer limit not a two year one.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Can't see that it's just a case of complying with the restrictions & we get the limit lifted. That would mean that if we spent more than 50 mil, the only penalty would have been to have the ban stay in place next season, so why not just ignore it ?

That would be a one year transfer limit not a two year one.

The second year is suspended if we get ourselves back within their revised regulations when we publish our figures. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in the announcements somewhere. Where's Socrates when we need him?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't know who either of them are.

Welcome to middle age.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum