Guidetti

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guidetti

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Would really like to see more of Guidetti, even if it was with another club. Seems like, through whoever's fault, his time is just being wasted.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Mike J » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Was there a reason he only played about 2 minues at stoke? May have passed me by. If he goes to celtic i'll be interested to see how he does.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 pm

was he actually shit at stoke or just didn't get to play. 6 appearances all as a sub is hardly a chance to shine.

he apparently slagged off huges or something, maybe that affected his game time.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Mike J wrote:Was there a reason he only played about 2 minues at stoke? May have passed me by. If he goes to celtic i'll be interested to see how he does.

He did tweet shortly after the loan finished that the truth will out on the real reasons he didn't play, but just had a look and it has been deleted.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mike J wrote:Was there a reason he only played about 2 minues at stoke? May have passed me by. If he goes to celtic i'll be interested to see how he does.

He did tweet shortly after the loan finished that the truth will out on the real reasons he didn't play, but just had a look and it has been deleted.

I would have liked to see him play but I didn't fancy watching every stoke game for a glimpse to see him.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:04 pm

The loan deal is on again, after all.
Good luck to the lad - I hope he gets to play alot.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby halnone » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:31 pm

hopefully he does well at Celtic. He needs to show what he is capable of.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:42 pm

he has been named in our prem league 25 squad?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:he has been named in our prem league 25 squad?

Could have just been a timing issue as the list was due before the final ruling on the loan.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 pm

It was. I don't know whether we can make a change but we haven't got a fourth striker to pluck out of the air anyway. I presume but don't know that we can change the squad in January. Obviously we will stand ready to buy or loan a striker then if there any injuries to Dzeko Aguero or Jovetic.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 pm

some here were criticising on our last two managers for not playing him as i recall.

hope the lad develops, regardless.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 pm

PrezIke wrote:some here were criticising on our last two managers for not playing him as i recall.

hope the lad develops, regardless.

He's shown nothing to indicate that he would ever make our first team. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably thinks we fucked up by selling Bojinov.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby roblues » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:26 pm

blues2win wrote:It was. I don't know whether we can make a change but we haven't got a fourth striker to pluck out of the air anyway. I presume but don't know that we can change the squad in January. Obviously we will stand ready to buy or loan a striker then if there any injuries to Dzeko Aguero or Jovetic.

If this has been approved because the deal was actually completed in time, then we have effectively registered a player that was never there to register. Surely we can name someone else, if there is someone left to name.

DoomMerchant wrote: He's shown nothing to indicate that he would ever make our first team. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably thinks we fucked up by selling Bojinov.

Cheers

At least Bojinov actually scored for the first team and scored a cracker in the TC Trophy against Milan. Can't even remember being impressed by Guidetti in a preseason game (this could be more about my memory though so feel free to call me out on this one!)
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:47 pm

halnone wrote:hopefully he does well at Celtic. He needs to show what he is capable of.

He would want to get on with it then. We've heard how great he is, but there's big difference between hearing and seeing.
Time is running out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:31 am

sheblue wrote:
halnone wrote:hopefully he does well at Celtic. He needs to show what he is capable of.

He would want to get on with it then. We've heard how great he is, but there's big difference between hearing and seeing.
Time is running out.

He's not great. He's not a child. He's going to be a decent striker at some level. Not for us.

I hope he finds a place to be happy and play some games. It's what it's all about.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:45 am

So who else were we going to register now Guidetti has gone on loan? Surely it doesn't matter and the rest are in the u-21 squad registered or have I missed something?

As for Guidetti if he lives up to his own hype then brilliant, mind they've been fawning over Samaras so wouldn't necessarily get too excited if he's a hit at Celtic
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Dunnylad wrote:So who else were we going to register now Guidetti has gone on loan? Surely it doesn't matter and the rest are in the u-21 squad registered or have I missed something?

As for Guidetti if he lives up to his own hype then brilliant, mind they've been fawning over Samaras so wouldn't necessarily get too excited if he's a hit at Celtic

hopefully nacho man
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tesl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Guidetti should score a million billion goals for Celtic. But only because the league in Scotland now is so pathetically poor.

I don't think he has a hope of ever reaching the level where he can play for us, and I'm glad he has gone away again so this forum won't be filled with people crying out for him to get game time.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Tesl wrote:Guidetti should score a million billion goals for Celtic. But only because the league in Scotland now is so pathetically poor.

I don't think he has a hope of ever reaching the level where he can play for us, and I'm glad he has gone away again so this forum won't be filled with people crying out for him to get game time.

Wait till he scores a couple for Celtic.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby SkyBlueSteve » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:19 pm

blues2win wrote:It was. I don't know whether we can make a change but we haven't got a fourth striker to pluck out of the air anyway. I presume but don't know that we can change the squad in January. Obviously we will stand ready to buy or loan a striker then if there any injuries to Dzeko Aguero or Jovetic.

If football manager is to be believed you can change your squad registration in January meaning that if there any major injuries to our three we can bring in someone else. In this sense Negrado was out injured till like November so we would not have had a fit ready for full 90 minutes fourth striker until January anyway. This way we get a guaranteed transfer deal and the opportunity to look if necessary for back up in January. The more I think about our transfer window and the way the club organised itself the more impressed I am.
SkyBlueSteve
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum