Guidetti

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Guidetti

Postby Lee_R » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am

Celtic loan fallen through (apparently).. theres our 4th striker then ;)
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: Guidetti

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:13 am

Stuck with him, sinclair and Nastasic now.

Bit of a waste really.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby shortagain » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:11 am

Can see Guidetti & Sinclair being farmed out to Championship teams with us paying a slice of their wages. Wigan signed Huws on a permanent deal freeing up a loan spot for them which Sinclair may fill. No idea where Guidetti could go, but he's not good enough for PL
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mike J » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:47 am

Seen reports that this one may still go through.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby blues2win » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

What no van Gaal time north of the border?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:45 am

hmmm
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:53 am

Where's that from JC?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Where's that from JC?

scottish poster from the other place - maccadon - don't know where he got it from sorry
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Where's that from JC?

scottish poster from the other place - maccadon - don't know where he got it from sorry

No worries, cheers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:37 am

only last year people couldn't wait to see him, now its confirmed he's just not good enough?

why did stoke loan if if they didnt even play him.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 am

They did play him, he was just shit.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:35 am

MilnersJaw wrote:only last year people couldn't wait to see him, now its confirmed he's just not good enough?

the timeline is that he went to Ajax(?) and scored a hatful therefore people thought he was an exciting prospect - then "mystery bug" struck followed by a poor loan spell at a lower level premier league team so people are no of the opinion that he won't make it here at a higher level in the same league, we shall see but it sounds like he is off to the celts anyway - maybe him and denayer can form a lethal partnership there and we'll be quids in.. who knows
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 am

Wooders wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:only last year people couldn't wait to see him, now its confirmed he's just not good enough?

the timeline is that he went to Ajax(?) and scored a hatful therefore people thought he was an exciting prospect - then "mystery bug" struck followed by a poor loan spell at a lower level premier league team so people are no of the opinion that he won't make it here at a higher level in the same league, we shall see but it sounds like he is off to the celts anyway - maybe him and denayer can form a lethal partnership there and we'll be quids in.. who knows

Feyenoord.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:54 am

Guidetti was a possibility for our first team squad imo.

He was not the mug some people are desperately unfairly making him out to be. Hughes knows his potential from being at City & that's why he took him, but the Guidetti we are seeing now, is not the player from two seasons ago.

The time out from the game has impaired his touch & dulled his reflexes but it's not impossible he will get that back by playing, IF he's fit & hasn't lost anything physically. I think if he'd come back & got a game for our fist team fully fit, he would really have had a chance. He's not a silky player, but he scores goals, can beat a man, decent header of the ball & he chases people like Tevez did. He can shoot & he can take fee kicks.

Unfortunately, he probably has no future at City now, but if he does get match fit, there's a fair ol chance of him ending up in the Prem.

On the other hand, if his fitness has gone, he's had it. He doesn't have the natural talent to be cumbersome & get away with it, he needs the edge of full fitness.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Guidetti was a possibility for our first team squad imo.

He was not the mug some people are desperately unfairly making him out to be. Hughes knows his potential from being at City & that's why he took him, but the Guidetti we are seeing now, is not the player from two seasons ago.

The time out from the game has impaired his touch & dulled his reflexes but it's not impossible he will get that back by playing, IF he's fit & hasn't lost anything physically. I think if he'd come back & got a game for our fist team fully fit, he would really have had a chance. He's not a silky player, but he scores goals, can beat a man, decent header of the ball & he chases people like Tevez did. He can shoot & he can take fee kicks.

Unfortunately, he probably has no future at City now, but if he does get match fit, there's a fair ol chance of him ending up in the Prem.

On the other hand, if his fitness has gone, he's had it. He doesn't have the natural talent to be cumbersome & get away with it, he needs the edge of full fitness.

any reason he is not playing EDS football to keep his match fitness up?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:48 pm

The 22-year-old Swede, below, arrived at Parkhead on Monday night for talks and it looked like he would be the final addition to Ronny Deila’s squad, which had been boosted the same evening by the signing of Serbian striker Stefan Scepovic on a four-year deal.

Guidetti’s transfer was initiated but not completed before the deadline.

However, the SFA is looking for FIFA to make an exception to allow Guidetti to join the Scottish champions.

An SFA spokesman said: “We will contact FIFA on Celtic’s behalf to request an exception in order for the transfer to be concluded.”

A further statement, released by the SPFL on behalf of both itself and the SFA, explained the background to the case.

It read: “With regard to transfer window activity being undertaken by Scottish clubs on Monday, the SPFL had an 11pm transfer deadline in place for registrations while the Scottish FA had a midnight deadline.

“At 10.56pm last evening, the SPFL received a request from Celtic FC to extend the SPFL deadline for registration of John Guidetti to fall in line with the SFA midnight deadline. The SPFL agreed to this.

“Celtic FC began uploading the relevant documentation prior to the midnight deadline.

We will contact FIFA on Celtic’s behalf to request an exception in order for the transfer to be concluded

SFA spokesman

“Where an international transfer certificate (ITC) is required for a player, it is custom for the player’s registration to be conditional upon receipt of an ITC.

“Due to part of the documentation being received by the Scottish FA very shortly after midnight, FIFA have not allowed registration by the SFA of the transfer.

“The SPFL and SFA are writing to FIFA in support of Celtic FC’s petition that FIFA permit the SFA to register the player.”

Sven-Goran Eriksson insists Guidetti can be the latest Swedish scoring sensation at Celtic – if FIFA declare his move legal.

Eriksson understands why the Bhoys launched a late bid to sign a player he gave a break to as a 15-year-old.

As boss of Manchester City, Eriksson, above, was tipped off about a huge talent emerging in his homeland and moved quickly to tie up a deal ahead of Ajax, Inter Milan and Roma.

Eriksson, currently managing in China, said: “If a deal can be settled, I’m sure he would do well at Celtic.

“He’s technically very good and is a natural goalscorer.

“I watched him as a 15-year-old in Sweden and also got background reports on him from colleagues and contacts and spoke with his father about a move.

“He initially signed for our academy but it was clear he was talented.

“To be offered a contract by a club such is this is a big thing for a player who is still young.

“I remember another Swedish striker did well in Glasgow before this!”

Guidetti is praying he can get the chance to live up to Henrik Larsson’s Celtic billing – and his future is now in the lap of the FIFA gods.

The UEFA deadline for registering players for the Europa League arrived at midnight last night and if the Guidetti deal can be ratified then Celtic would need to apply to Europe’s governing body for further dispensation.

If they succeed with FIFA but fail with UEFA, the striker would only be eligible to play in SPFL and Scottish Cup matches. Curiously, UEFA named Guidetti as a Celtic player in the club section of their website yesterday.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -to-Celtic
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:04 pm

From the glimpses I remember of him pre-virus he was a fighter - someone who could take on the defensive line in their penalty area and work a situation for himself (not a Negredo type but more a hybrid of some of Kun's abilities in the box and a bit of Negredo's) - IF he hadn't had all his various setbacks and lack of loan games he might have offered us something we don't have. Time has run out for him here though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

The EDS is mainly full of young kids, much younger than most other teams' reserves. He would get in the way of our plans if we were forced to play him. Could just as well put Nastasic in there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

The EDS is mainly full of young kids, much younger than most other teams' reserves. He would get in the way of our plans if we were forced to play him. Could just as well put Nastasic in there.

surely playing him in a couple of games will help the first team? That is what is needed, cannot expect him to hit the ground running without any action
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 pm

he's likely to be a celtic player. but even if celtic's petition is rejected, I would wager that a loan to a championship club awaits. I will be amazed if he ever plays for our first team (again).
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum