Micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:55 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
freshie wrote:
Herb wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Micah could've signed the new contract City put on the table last season and then sat on his arse collecting his wage for the next few years if he was the type Herb is making him out to be.

Dear foreverupjoesarse, please note that he was offerred a contract but he wouldn't sign it - so didn't stay at the club he loves with the fans he loves (yada yada) - because it didn't pay him enough for him to be sufficiently encouraged to do that did he.
The bulked up bullshitter is absolutely loaded - he has more money than most folk could ever dream of and he was offerred a role with us for the future but he preferred to sod off and take more money from someone else - that's where he's at so get real.

Read this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... 1267/.html

You may change your opinion of Micah

At times, a lot of people use a mindless comparison between football and chess.

However, I'll use a meaningful chessic term in this instance by saying that the article quoted has left Herb in a veritable 'zugswang'.

for me, as an outsider who didn't grow up with these games, cricket is more like chess. Football in comparison is like...i dunno...Hungry Hungry Hippos. Or Chutes and Ladders (i think you call it Snakes and Ladders? Spaztics).Played while pissed and a little bit hungry.

cheers

We call it snakes and ladders because A: There are snakes and B:There are ladders.....you fuckign American spastic!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We call it snakes and ladders because A: There are snakes and B:There are ladders.....you fuckign American spastic!!

just go have a peek at the Negredo thread you old grey bastard.

cheers

p.s. also this...note the "improved" part of the description. We take your shit and make it better. FACT.

"Snakes and Ladders originated in India as part of a family of dice board games, that included Gyan chauper and pachisi (present-day Ludo and Parcheesi). The game made its way to England and was sold as "Snakes and Ladders", then the basic concept was introduced in the United States as Chutes and Ladders (an "improved new version of England's famous indoor sport"[3]) by game pioneer Milton Bradley in 1943."
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We call it snakes and ladders because A: There are snakes and B:There are ladders.....you fuckign American spastic!!

cheers

p.s. also this...note the "improved" part of the description. We take your shit and make it better. FACT.

"Snakes and Ladders originated in India as part of a family of dice board games, that included Gyan chauper and pachisi (present-day Ludo and Parcheesi). The game made its way to England and was sold as "Snakes and Ladders", then the basic concept was introduced in the United States as Chutes and Ladders (an "improved new version of England's famous indoor sport"[3]) by game pioneer Milton Bradley in 1943."

thanks..... saul goodman
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
freshie wrote:
Herb wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Micah could've signed the new contract City put on the table last season and then sat on his arse collecting his wage for the next few years if he was the type Herb is making him out to be.

Dear foreverupjoesarse, please note that he was offerred a contract but he wouldn't sign it - so didn't stay at the club he loves with the fans he loves (yada yada) - because it didn't pay him enough for him to be sufficiently encouraged to do that did he.
The bulked up bullshitter is absolutely loaded - he has more money than most folk could ever dream of and he was offerred a role with us for the future but he preferred to sod off and take more money from someone else - that's where he's at so get real.

Read this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... 1267/.html

You may change your opinion of Micah

At times, a lot of people use a mindless comparison between football and chess.

However, I'll use a meaningful chessic term in this instance by saying that the article quoted has left Herb in a veritable 'zugswang'.

for me, as an outsider who didn't grow up with these games, cricket is more like chess. Football in comparison is like...i dunno...Hungry Hungry Hippos. Or Chutes and Ladders (i think you call it Snakes and Ladders? Spaztics).Played while pissed and a little bit hungry.

cheers

Nice thoughts Doomie and colourfully phrased.

I've always thought of football as being a bit of a tribal encounter, especially with regard to the fans and the way they support their team. Of course there's artistry, skill, style and flair involved but the game also contains a bit of warfare as well.

Chess is the same, in that respect and different players have different styles and outlooks; some want to play with flair and imagination and to win as brilliantly as possible, even at the risk of losing. Others just want to grind out a win by any means, often by taking no risks at all and are totally different from the gamblers in the game. The parallels with football in this regard are apparent.

However, the big difference is that chess, apart from not being a physical 'sport' (fisticuffs is not to be recommended at any time during a game), is not a spectator sport in the normal meaning of being a spectator. I've never watched, for example, Australian Rules Football but if I sat down with someone who could explain briefly what was happening on the pitch, during the course of the game I might glean some spark of what was going on and what it was all about - and this is not, in any way, intended to denigrate that, or any other sport.

With chess, you've got to be able to play the game to be able to understand what's happening on the board of, say, a Tournament or World Championship encounter between GrandMasters. The better you are as a player, the better you can comprehend the strategy and tactics which are evolving between two opponents, because many possible variations are so complicated and deep that it takes a lot of calculation to determine if they are sound and playable.

Suffice to say, it's totally different from a Tony Pulis team banging the ball down the middle to a big target man, or using the long throw as a tactical weapon.....which brings me, via a roundabout way, to the point about football being wrongly compared to a chess game. Quite often a football game is likened to chess because one team nullifies the efforts of another by various (tactical ?) and, although there's a lot of probing going on, there's not a lot of full blooded action and excitement taking place. The inference from such is that the game is considered boring and, by the same inference, chess is also boring when, in both instances, this is not necessarily the case.

I just wish people would stop using such comparisons between the two games because it's akin to comparing chalk and cheese.

Anyway, here endeth this tome-like rant....apologies to anyone who found it too monumentally boring to either read or comprehend.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

How can Milton Bradley be a game 'pioneer' if he just steals other peoples ideas ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:25 pm

I bet he did just enough to avoid being sued. Chutes indeed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Brilliant post Chig
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby kinkylola » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:35 pm

And the chutes are very snake-like. How'd he get away with it.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

thanks..... saul goodman

i kinda predicted that, but....it had to be used. #rumbled

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Sad times but he needs to play.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:47 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Sad times but he needs to play.

I'm happy for him. Second wind and all. Still some life left in him. Top cunt.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby twosips » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Great article from him by Danny Taylor over at The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... fiorentina

Love the fella. Great player and i'll miss him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:24 am

I sort of think missing Micah is going to force me never to likeSagna. Harsh but true!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:49 am

twosips wrote:Great article from him by Danny Taylor over at The Guardian.

Sadly he has been far from a great player the last 2 years. Which is ultimately why he has left.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:53 am

has he played for the Viola yet?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Socrates » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:33 am

patrickblue wrote:
Londonblue wrote:Anyone else remember the interview he did on this here forum all those years ago, then got in massive trouble for it? Wish I knew how to search the archives for the damn thing...

Being at work, I've nothing else to do.

So here it is

http://mancityfans.net/historical/viewt ... =14&t=6099

thanks for that, just re-read it now and brought a lump to my throat!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:18 am

Made his debut and that picture looks like a classic charge into the box
Micah's Fiorentina debut
Says he came on for Savic but not clear from this article whether that's at RB or CB. Anyone know?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:Made his debut and that picture looks like a classic charge into the box
Micah's Fiorentina debut
Says he came on for Savic but not clear from this article whether that's at RB or CB. Anyone know?

richards replaces savic for the last 30 mins.... #shudder
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:26 pm

twosips wrote:Great article from him by Danny Taylor over at The Guardian.

Nice article and quite interesting in a number of ways.

One aspect which might be noteworthy (I hope), is that Micah said James Milner has been taking Spanish lessons for two years. If this is the case, it doesn't immediately seem as though he would want to leave City.

Looking at it objectively, why would he want to learn such a language (as opposed, say, to Russian, German or French) if he was only going to end up somewhere in this country with a side populated by a greater number of English players ?? I just hope it means he'll be with us until he retires.

Mind you, he might have sublimated aspirations to play for Real Madrid, or it could be a more mundane explanation in that he likes going to Spain for his holidays.

In any event, thanks for posting it twosips; it was a good read.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nick (New Account) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:56 pm

he said he was a scapegoat vs. watford. I didnt go to that game but remember it on the radio. Wasn't he unfit and crap? We brought on zaba and kun and both ensured we won the game?!
Nick (New Account)
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Magic Dave

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum