Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 pm

I was thinking that signing Bony as well as Ihenacho would limit Ihenacho's appearances, but the lad is 17, its VERY unlikely he'd be ready to set the premier league on fire, Owen/Rooney style. Ideally we would keep him around the first team for the rest of the season in training then, loan him next season and see where we're all up to at the start of 2017's season.

I just don't really see a way of him coming straight into the team and getting games this season, despite all our injuries.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Hmm, I wonder if this was the planned timeframe. or whether somebody has been holding onto it waiting for the brown envelope/ horse's head required to seal the deal ?

Yep:

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/catego ... ity/197474

SL10.ng understands that Taye Football Academy, the grassroots team that owned the economic rights of Kelechi Iheanacho, has threatened to drag Henry Galeano and officials of Manchester City to court over irregularities discovered in the transfer fee paid for the striker.

Through the English Football Association, the Citizens had requested for the 18-year-old's International Transfer Certificate (ITC), a prerequisite that must be fulfilled before the club can apply for a work permit at the Home Office.

Before issuing the ITC, the Nigeria Football Federation conducted due diligence by contacting Taye Academy to confirm if the proprietor's domiciliary account had been credited with the sum of £350,00, being the transfer fee stated on the Transfer Matching System.

But Taye Academy's supremo claimed that he received a payment of US$320,000 from Manchester City, which is a shortfall of US$209,305 going by the current exchange rate.

And he has accused United States-based licensed agent Henry Galeano and his Nigerian partner Solomon of cheating him out of =N=38 million, alleging that they connived with Manchester City.

Taye Academy had pressurized the Nigeria Federation not to release the ITC until the dust settles, but sources in the know have informed this website that the document has been issued and sent to the United Kingdom.

To prevent money laundering and crediting of transfer fees to a wrong party, the money paid by the buying club is always stated on the TMS.

Kelechi Iheanacho's agent, Henry Galeano, has not yet responded to SL10.ng's enquiry as at the time of this report while Taye Academy promised to answer our query on the 20th of January.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:34 pm

All we need to do now is reply to their emails and send them our bank details so they can deposit a large amount of inherited cash into our accounts so we can register him as a player for us.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:05 pm

must be an absolute nightmare dealing with some of these clowns acting as agents and experts who are a bunch of self centred selfish koonts..
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby freshie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:40 am

twosips wrote:All we need to do now is reply to their emails and send them our bank details so they can deposit a large amount of inherited cash into our accounts so we can register him as a player for us.

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:53 am

freshie wrote:
twosips wrote:All we need to do now is reply to their emails and send them our bank details so they can deposit a large amount of inherited cash into our accounts so we can register him as a player for us.

What's the score??? Are folks trying to insinuate that all us Nigerians are dodgy scammer's?

I do not understand!

However if some body could give me their phone number I could maybe ring and upon handing over you're sort code and bank account number we could discuss this issue further!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:39 am

ruralblue wrote:
freshie wrote:

What's the score??? Are folks trying to insinuate that all us Nigerians are dodgy scammer's?

I do not understand!

However if some body could give me their phone number I could maybe ring and upon handing over you're sort code and bank account number we could discuss this issue further!

And remove the pigeons from the bank vault?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 pm

http://africanfootball.com//news/498533 ... i-from-AYC

Tuesday Jan 13, 2015. 17:30
English Premier League champions Manchester City have informed Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) they will not release Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali for the 2015 African Youth Championship in March in Senegal.

Both players were among nine foreign-based pros called up by the Flying Eagles for the AYC and handed a Thursday deadline.

In a mail signed by City scouting and recruitment operations manager, Fergal Harkin, the EPL side said Iheanacho is injured and may not be fit till mid-March, while Nwakali is about to be loaned out to a club in Europe.

“With regards Kelechi Iheanacho, he is currently injured. We believe he will be fit around the middle of March but can keep in contract regarding his recovery,” read Tuesday’s mail in part.

“For Chidiebere Nwakali, we are currently in the process of agreeing his loan deal to Europe and he will not be available to meet up with the national team until further notice.

“At this moment in time, we feel it is best for his development that he cements his place in the club side.”

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Does anyone know anything about the injury Iheanacho has contracted ??

It doesn't sound too promising if he's going to be unavailable for a further two months from this point in time.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:42 pm

fergal Harkin there is a blast from the past. Didn't realize he was that much involved with us, excellent coach and lovely guy.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby twosips » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm

On a side note, what's this Nwakali like? I know you saw a few games when Nigeria won the world youth cup, Ted, and that Kelechi was the main man, but how did he do? I know naff all about his playing style to be honest.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby phips » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:49 am

so we've signed both?...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:04 am

phips wrote:so we've signed both?...

no...no..not at all. We just routinely publish shit about other team's players to fuck with the media!

It's brilliant. Just....brilliant. We've ruled Messi out of our first CL match next month due to dodgy tax shit.

it's good to be the king!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:06 am

Independent running a story that the FA are detetmined to stop the work permit appeals process which they feel undermines chances of English players developing. Protecting english players won't help them. Actually English players benefit from playing against top players from overseas. The problem for English players is that they're grossly overpriced because of home grown rules I suppose. That's why Clubs are happy to go for cheaper foreign players.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:25 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Does anyone know anything about the injury Iheanacho has contracted ??

It doesn't sound too promising if he's going to be unavailable for a further two months from this point in time.

Did his ankle some weeks ago.

Rumour had it he would be back this month (ish) rather than mid March. Maybe they are talking about match fit, rather than just free from injury. He hasn't played competitive football for a long time. Could be they are fobbing them off hoping to get him started here & also they may not want him to go to Nigeria whilst the dodgy/gangster coach of his former youth team is kicking off about money issues.

twosips wrote:On a side note, what's this Nwakali like? I know you saw a few games when Nigeria won the world youth cup, Ted, and that Kelechi was the main man, but how did he do? I know naff all about his playing style to be honest.

He looked pretty good when I saw him, not as 'special' as Iheanacho but talented and athletic. I think he played one or two positions. There were a few lads who were very impressive. A defender who I believe we have sniffed around but not yet signed, & the midfield lad who Spurs got. He looked the absolute dog's bollocks. Not as explosive as Kelechi, but a really excellent footballer.

That team played realy great football. Kind of unique. Pass & move but with long/direct ball included as well, & absolutely terrifying on the counter. If you got an adult team to play like them, you would scare the living shit out of everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:57 am

blues2win wrote:Independent running a story that the FA are detetmined to stop the work permit appeals process which they feel undermines chances of English players developing. Protecting english players won't help them. Actually English players benefit from playing against top players from overseas. The problem for English players is that they're grossly overpriced because of home grown rules I suppose. That's why Clubs are happy to go for cheaper foreign players.

Very true. But it can't be the whole of the problem.
Do other countries have to contend with similar rules? If not, why not? The F.A. do seem to be looking at this in a very non-holistic (if that's a word) way.
If English players were cheaper, I don't think there is any doubt that more would make it through to the top level teams. But the way things are means that very mediocre players are making it through just to fill a requirement in a team, at over inflated prices.
The youngsters coming through need to be trained from an early age to a high technical ability and maybe schooled in a different mindset of how to play football.
(The irony of this coming from an Irishman, isn't lost on me). Hopefully this is something that the new academy plans on addressing. The upside of this for City is contrary to what those influencing the F.A., would wish for, if the academy starts to produce this kind of young English player, they will be very much in demand.
With the home grown quota staying City will be able to sell players that are not going to make it with us, at a premium.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby twosips » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 pm

I've said before that I think the problem with this country is that English players don't move abroad. We're the only major country in the world where that doesn't happen. Created a really weird one way market which means you get English players who just sulk and rot in the reserves instead of making a name for themselves elsewhere. Problem we have is that any half decent England player becomes a rarity and pressure increases incredibly on that individual whereas if we had many players abroad and getting opportunities it'd not be a big deal
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 pm

twosips wrote:I've said before that I think the problem with this country is that English players don't move abroad. We're the only major country in the world where that doesn't happen. Created a really weird one way market which means you get English players who just sulk and rot in the reserves instead of making a name for themselves elsewhere. Problem we have is that any half decent England player becomes a rarity and pressure increases incredibly on that individual whereas if we had many players abroad and getting opportunities it'd not be a big deal

This is very true also. Broadening your horizons is in keeping with the change of mindset that I mentioned. True for everyone, not just footballers.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
twosips wrote:I've said before that I think the problem with this country is that English players don't move abroad. We're the only major country in the world where that doesn't happen. Created a really weird one way market which means you get English players who just sulk and rot in the reserves instead of making a name for themselves elsewhere. Problem we have is that any half decent England player becomes a rarity and pressure increases incredibly on that individual whereas if we had many players abroad and getting opportunities it'd not be a big deal

This is very true also. Broadening your horizons is in keeping with the change of mindset that I mentioned. True for everyone, not just footballers.

It also relates, albeit to a far lesser degree, to English Managers and Coaches.

Perhaps the rising genius that is Gollum, coupled with his new found star-status in Spain, might tempt others to travel to foreign shores.

Just as an aside, does anyone know how Gollum is coping with the need to learn to speak Spanish ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

It also relates, albeit to a far lesser degree, to English Managers and Coaches.

Perhaps the rising genius that is Gollum, coupled with his new found star-status in Spain, might tempt others to travel to foreign shores.

Just as an aside, does anyone know how Gollum is coping with the need to learn to speak Spanish ??

I have it on good authority that he's watching episodes of Fawlty Towers on a constant loop in his hotel room to pick up what tips he can from Manuel.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum