Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:26 am

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ayc-ma ... ria-squad/

AYC: Man City seeks Iheanacho’s inclusion in Nigeria squad

Posted by: Agency Reporter in News Update, Sports 1 min ago

English Premier League side, Manchester City, has launched a last-minute move to get Kelechi Iheanacho into Nigeria final squad for next month’s African Youth Championship in Senegal, africanFootball.com reports.

After first saying the player will be unavailable for the AYC in Senegal due to injury, the EPL giants had now made a dramatic u-turn, saying the former Golden Eaglets’ star could be released to join the Flying Eagles for the tournament as he has fully recovered ahead of a mid-March time frame earlier set by the club.

The 18-year-old player has called up coach Manu Garba to inform him he has recovered from a long-term ankle injury, while expressing his willingness to feature at the AYC.

The Most Valuable Player at the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup, who followed the team’s recent warm-up matches in Ghana via telephone, told Manu he will even play a match for City reserves on Tuesday.

Surely not ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 pm

The EDS game! I haven't got a ticket yet. Ffs.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:30 pm

I wouldn't take it as gospel. It's just some random article coming from Africa. If it was to happen, it would surely mean he has a work permit.

Can't be sure I can go yet, as my representative is using my card for the Barca game, so will have to meet him somewhere if poss to give him my card, if I go to the U19s.

Can't you just turn up & get a ticket from one of the offices/booths at the Minihad though ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm not sure tbh. Just tweeted @mcfchelp as they usually (eventually) answer those kinda things. The info on the site has ticket details but doesn't directly allude to anything of that nature but i fail to see why it wouldn't be possible.

These african sites do have an uncanny knack of knowing Kelechi info though - you wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're speaking directly to his agent. Either way, Ambrose is back and i think they'll be really up for this so defo wanna go.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Ambrose is back ?

Great news. Him, Kelechi (if match fit) & Barker as a front 3, is a pretty fightening prospect. I imagine it might be a frightening prospect in the Prem in a few years time as well.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Starting to think Kelechi will just be Jovetic's replacement to be honest.

And yep, he's been hinting at it on facebook/twitter all week and posted this yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/ThierryWistonJ ... =1&theater

That's a fucking brilliant front three. Hence why i want to go tomorrow - if there's even a 10% chance that that three has game time together i wanna be there. I'd say its possible that Kelechi will be involved in the u19s and EDS games. We're not exactly blessed with strikers are we at that level? Pozo and that's it.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:45 pm

twosips wrote:Starting to think Kelechi will just be Jovetic's replacement to be honest.

And yep, he's been hinting at it on facebook/twitter all week and posted this yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/ThierryWistonJ ... =1&theater

That's a fucking brilliant front three. Hence why i want to go tomorrow - if there's even a 10% chance that that three has game time together i wanna be there. I'd say its possible that Kelechi will be involved in the u19s and EDS games. We're not exactly blessed with strikers are we at that level? Pozo and that's it.

True out & out strikers is where we are very short in these teams & it's arguable that neither Ambrose nor Iheanacho nor Pozo are true cfs. Faour doesn't seem to be either. Not seen enough of Joe Hardy to judge. All seem to score goals though.

The three strikers we have had seem to be Guidetti, Cole & Hiwula. But Cole was doing well in a wide position before he went on loan. I still haven't written off any of those 3, but Guidetti is obviously not going to be playing for City if he does make it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:29 pm

On the EDS site on BM, someone saying he is on the bench tonight. If he is on the bench this evening, does that not confirm that he is registered, and therefore have a permit?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:40 pm

City twitter says he's on the bench so deffo true.

I presume this means he has a work permit but I suppose we can research it in the near future, and can find out for sure if a permit is needed for reserve team football. Can't see how it wouldn't be.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:City twitter says he's on the bench so deffo true.

I presume this means he has a work permit but I suppose we can research it in the near future, and can find out for sure if a permit is needed for reserve team football. Can't see how it wouldn't be.

I would imagine you would have to be registered for the UYL if it is to mirror the senior competition, Ted.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 pm

He must have a work permit.

If he is being paid by the club then he must have one. Even volunteering has very strict criteria. Im sure you can only volunteer for Charities.
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby bigblue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Nacho Man!

I'll love it when we suprise the league with a few unknown Nigerian youngsters out of nowhere. With all the criticism for us spending big, we'll have everyone scratching their head as nacho and his mysterious African friends run circles around them...

...at least that's how it works out in my daydream.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:38 pm

Iheanachu comes on for UEFA league match and straight off again injured. FFS.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm

blues2win wrote:Iheanachu comes on for UEFA league match and straight off again injured. FFS.

I hope it's just precautionary and nothing serious.
I thought he was taking too much out of the ball at the time and should have kept things simpler when just back from injury. At least it showed he's confident in his ability.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Iheanachu comes on for UEFA league match and straight off again injured. FFS.

I thought he was taking too much out of the ball at the time and should have kept things simpler when just back from injury. At least it showed he's confident in his ability.

Very brief cameo but he showed touch,strength and ability plus the ability to get injured! Hopefully nothing serious
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:27 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Very brief cameo but he showed touch,strength and ability plus the ability to get injured! Hopefully nothing serious

I didnt think he showed anything of note TBH, I thought he was trying a little too hard, which is very understandable after the frustrations he must have had leading up to him finally getting on the pitch yesterday. Lets hope all the red tape is actually sorted out and he can start to get a lot of games under his belt.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:31 am

His cameo appearances and then lengthy disappearances are fast becoming a comedy.

Isnt it time we had some clarification as to what the hell is going on here with him and why hes being farmed around the world, popping up all over the place and then disappearing again like some sort of footballing secret agent? Pre-season tour showed he had some major talent but since then he's become our international man of mystery, with sightings now akin to claims about the Loch Ness Monster ffs.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:His cameo appearances and then lengthy disappearances are fast becoming a comedy.

Isnt it time we had some clarification as to what the hell is going on here with him and why hes being farmed around the world, popping up all over the place and then disappearing again like some sort of footballing secret agent? Pre-season tour showed he had some major talent but since then he's become our international man of mystery, with sightings now akin to claims about the Loch Ness Monster ffs.

We are interested, but the club don't have to explain anything about a new youth team player
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:57 pm

twosips wrote:Starting to think Kelechi will just be Jovetic's replacement to be honest.

Definitely starting to sound like a like-for-like replacement, and not in a good way
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:04 pm

He's still a kid ffs!
Give him some time with the first team squad before writing him off
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site