Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
twosips wrote:I've said before that I think the problem with this country is that English players don't move abroad. We're the only major country in the world where that doesn't happen. Created a really weird one way market which means you get English players who just sulk and rot in the reserves instead of making a name for themselves elsewhere. Problem we have is that any half decent England player becomes a rarity and pressure increases incredibly on that individual whereas if we had many players abroad and getting opportunities it'd not be a big deal

This is very true also. Broadening your horizons is in keeping with the change of mindset that I mentioned. True for everyone, not just footballers.

It also relates, albeit to a far lesser degree, to English Managers and Coaches.

Perhaps the rising genius that is Gollum, coupled with his new found star-status in Spain, might tempt others to travel to foreign shores.

Just as an aside, does anyone know how Gollum is coping with the need to learn to speak Spanish ??

I have it on good authority that he's watching episodes of Fawlty Towers on a constant loop in his hotel room to pick up what tips he can from Manuel.

Nice.

On that basis, Gollum is going to be completely unstoppable........

Wonder how long it will be before the media start to link his name with the managerial post at City, as a preference to Guardiola ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:01 pm

blues2win wrote:Independent running a story that the FA are detetmined to stop the work permit appeals process which they feel undermines chances of English players developing. Protecting english players won't help them. Actually English players benefit from playing against top players from overseas. The problem for English players is that they're grossly overpriced because of home grown rules I suppose. That's why Clubs are happy to go for cheaper foreign players.

Haven't the FA just announced that they are endorsing the work permit application for that player from Croatia that Leicester are keen on signing ??

If that's the case, they've got a misplaced moral and ethical compass.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
blues2win wrote:Independent running a story that the FA are detetmined to stop the work permit appeals process which they feel undermines chances of English players developing. Protecting english players won't help them. Actually English players benefit from playing against top players from overseas. The problem for English players is that they're grossly overpriced because of home grown rules I suppose. That's why Clubs are happy to go for cheaper foreign players.

Haven't the FA just announced that they are endorsing the work permit application for that player from Croatia that Leicester are keen on signing ??

If that's the case, they've got a misplaced moral and ethical compass.

If you are Croatian and accepted for a job in the UK, then you need a Purple Registration Certificate, that your employer can only get if they are on a government list, which runs to 1894 pages. Leicester City FC are there on page 958, so they shouldn't need any FA endorsement...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:37 pm

starting to wonder if iheanacho will be one of the players we send to NYCFC - if he won't be fit until march, and we have 4 strikers, it may be best for him to play first team football from march through the summer, then we can re-evaluate in july/august.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:42 pm

A lot of Brasilian players get dual Portuguese nationality so have no problem with playing here. I suspect a lot of other Latin American nationalities get Spanish passports. I think the FA action would be aimed squarely at young African players like Kelechi who clearly don't qualify in the normal way for a work permit because they're too young to have played the correct percentage of A list games required. The implication is that they would seek to scrap the exceptional talent route for appeals altogether. I doubt that the Home Office would stand in the way. I just hope his application doesn't get caught up in this new hard line by the FA. The work permit can't come through quickly enough.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:55 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30948874

I wonder if this has any effect on our application for visa for Nacho. They do appear to be equivalents of each other.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:17 pm

From what I can make out the FA are suggesting automatic work permits if a Club pays more than 10 million and no appeals. However, they want the new system to start in the summer. If Kelechi doesn't get one now he may struggle to get one later. I don't know what the delay is about.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:44 pm

If he's as good as I think he is, we'll get him on board somehow.

It will just be a matter of how long it takes.

There are rumours he already has one sorted but no idea how good the source is.

It's interesting that we have refused to let the other lad, Nawakali go to the Nigeria U20's training camp in order to get hm started in Belgium. Suggests we are serious about him as well.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:29 pm

it's going to be EPIC when we get assulin and abdulrahman pulling the strings and ihenacho banging them in!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby twosips » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:it's going to be EPIC when we get assulin and abdulrahman pulling the strings and ihenacho banging them in!

Ha ^

Not forgetting Nirs Biton anchoring the midfield.

Seriously though, Abdulrahman looked brilliant. I can't for the life of me figure out why he's not playing in europe somewhere yet.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Bloody hell, its a bit of a long drawn out saga. He will be 85 by the time he gets the thing at this rate!!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 pm

sheblue wrote:Bloody hell, its a bit of a long drawn out saga. He will be 85 by the time he gets the thing at this rate!!

knowing nigerian footballers, he probably will be...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
sheblue wrote:Bloody hell, its a bit of a long drawn out saga. He will be 85 by the time he gets the thing at this rate!!

knowing nigerian footballers, he probably already is...

Fixed for you
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

knowing nigerian footballers, he probably already is...

Fixed for you

Lol
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Ahhh Joseph Minala, my favourite senior citizen footballer.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 am

Latest update. He has had the plaster taken off his leg link;

This seems to qualify an injury

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/doctor ... s-leg-pop/

Home » sports » Sports » Doctors remove Iheanacho’s leg PoP
Kelechi-Iheanacho1_3177480
Doctors remove Iheanacho’s leg PoP

Posted by: PATRICK NGWAOGU in Sports 8 hours ago

Flying Eagles Chief coach Manu Garba has revealed that Manchester City FC of England’s doctors removed the Plaster of Paris (POP) in one of Kelechi’s leg last week Thursday.

According to coach Manu Garba, Manchester City’s management called to also express their reservations over the various media reports in Nigeria that they have refused to release the creative midfielder, who won the best player in the last U-17 Championship in United Arab Emirates to join the U-20 team for the 2015 AYC in Senegal.

“Kelechi Iheanacho is a player that can add value to any team. But at present, he has an ankle injury. They had just removed the PoP on Thursday. I spoke with the Man City official who called me that they are receiving negative media reports from here in Nigeria that they are not willing to release the player. He said Kelechi is down with injury, that when he is fit, and there is time, he would join the team”.

Manu Garba further confirmed that the player would surely add value to his team , and that he would not hesitate to invite him as soon as he is fit: ” If Kelechi were to be around in the match we played against Enyimba, he would have added value to the team, because, he is a player who would have converted some of those chances that were thrown away. He would have buried some of them”.

The former junior international boasted that though the Man City player would be valuable in team, but that does not imply that he would have automatic jersey in the team.

“In my team, there is no automatic shirt for anybody or any player. This was obvious when Iheanacho came for the qualifiers against Tanzania, he could not displace those in the team and he started on the bench. When he comes back, he has to show us what he is capable of doing before he would pick a starting shirt or making the 21-man list”.

The former Gombe United player said: ” We do not rely on individual player. If you recall, during the World Cup when Isaac Success got injured, a lot of Nigerians were worried. They did not know that Taiwo Awoniyi was sitting and waiting for an opportunity and he proved everyone wrong by scoring four goals and a lot of assists. There are a lot of players that did not partake in this team, still waiting for chances and they are as good as any other player,” he said.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Socrates » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 am

Bluedj wrote:Doctors remove Iheanacho’s leg

I fainted at this point...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 am

Socrates wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Doctors remove Iheanacho’s leg

I fainted at this point...

No wonder we're getting negative reports in Africa.
Fairs fair. We haven't a leg to stand on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Back in training although it seems unlikely that we'll see him anywhere near the first team this season

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ihea ... -man-city/

Iheanacho resumes training with Man City

Nigeria starlet Kelechi Iheanacho has resumed training with his English Premier League club Manchester City after an ankle injury.

“Kelechi has said he is back training after he has recovered from an ankle injury which kept him out for several weeks,” Flying Eagles team administrator Aliyu Ibrahim Awal disclosed.

Manchester City blocked Iheanacho from next month’s African Youth Championship in Senegal, saying he would not have recovered in time for the tournament.

However, Ibrahim Awal said no decision has been considered to try and get Iheanacho feature at Senegal 2015 based on the latest developments.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:28 am

The Nigerian FA seem to be all over this kid like a rash.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum