Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:43 pm

freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I banged on and on about having Nacho in before Pony....any cunt with a brain could see that Nacho brings more to the table than the other slow cunt.

I'm right again.

Fixed

Lets see if Pllers includes him in the CL squad...would be criminal not to.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:44 pm

freshie wrote:
blues2win wrote:Interesting how much Kelechi would fetch now given his youth and great potential. 10? 15? Not for sale mind. Hope he gets a run with Sergio now. Definitely ready.

10-15? Martial cost £38m

Kelechi must be worth at least that

Or 58 if you use criteria applied when reporting City's transfer fees.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:46 pm

freshie wrote:
blues2win wrote:Interesting how much Kelechi would fetch now given his youth and great potential. 10? 15? Not for sale mind. Hope he gets a run with Sergio now. Definitely ready.

10-15? Martial cost £38m

Kelechi must be worth at least that

Martial with the add ons will be at least £56m. £36m fee + £10m each when he gets a certain number of goals and caps, both of which he will do.

Iheanacho must be in this bracket
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I banged on and on about having Nacho in before Pony....any cunt with a brain could see that Nacho brings more to the table than the other slow cunt.

I'm right again.

Fixed

I totally agree in this. Only question if Nasri Or Tintin should be left out, which is down to the medical team to answer.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I banged on and on about having Nacho in before Pony....any cunt with a football brain could see that Nacho brings more to the table than the other slow cunt.

I'm right again.

I wouldn't necessarily call yours a "football brain" Carl ;)

More like dinosaur lizard brain. Regardless the leathery old cunt is and has been right on this one. Oddly he and I have shared the same perspective on this from the get go. Interesting.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I banged on and on about having Nacho in before Pony....any cunt with a football brain could see that Nacho brings more to the table than the other slow cunt.

I'm right again.

More like dinosaur lizard brain. Regardless the leathery old cunt is and has been right on this one. Oddly he and I have shared the same perspective on this from the get go. Interesting.

Cheers

I guess you're also turning into a leathery old cunt.

Iheanacho is a fantastic prospect. In many ways he looks like the finished product despite only being 19. He will most definitely become a better footballer than Bony, and probably already is in almost all respects.

But what I don't get is how that equates to Bony being shit. I can only assume that it's a case of the collective and oh so common colour blindness of this forum, where things are only seen in black or white.

Bony is a good player who can be very important for us if used correctly. I agree that Iheanacho should more often get the nod ahead of him, but in some games Bony is still the better option.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Looking good and his management is key.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I'm right again.

Cheers

Iheanacho is a fantastic prospect. In many ways he looks like the finished product despite only being 19. He will most definitely become a better footballer than Bony, and probably already is in almost all respects.

But what I don't get is how that equates to Bony being shit. I can only assume that it's a case of the collective and oh so common colour blindness of this forum, where things are only seen in black or white.

Bony is a good player who can be very important for us if used correctly. I agree that Iheanacho should more often get the nod ahead of him, but in some games Bony is still the better option.

Now you're just being sensible.
No call for that, around here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I'm right again.

Cheers

If you recall, I said Bony is only any fucking use to our team when he plays with another forward, but if you think having the slow cunt playing from the off, on his own, instead of playing Nacho...then you're on drugs.

Bony is, and never will be, a regular match winner for us.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I'm right again.

Cheers

If you recall, I said Bony is only any fucking use to our team when he plays with another forward, but if you think having the slow cunt playing from the off, on his own, instead of playing Nacho...then you're on drugs.

I think it's time you got some reading glasses.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Then be more precise you twot...........if used correctly ,,,, meaning what exactly? as I took that as in you would put him upfront before Nacho as lone striker.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Then be more precise you twot...........if used correctly ,,,, meaning what exactly? as I took that as in you would put him upfront before Nacho as lone striker.

Bony needs other players to do the running for him. Imo he's better with the back towards the goal, sucking the ball in and feeding it to forward running players, before getting into position in the penalty box. Whether these "runners" are midfielders ore midfielders + a striker partner is irrelevant.

I think he is particularly useful in though games where we need an outlet up front.

I also think he can be very handy as one of two strikers when trying to break down teams that park the bus.

And by the way, my first post wasn't aimed at you, you touchy old fart.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Then be more precise you twot...........if used correctly ,,,, meaning what exactly? as I took that as in you would put him upfront before Nacho as lone striker.

Bony needs other players to do the running for him. Imo he's better with the back towards the goal, sucking the ball in and feeding it to forward running players, before getting into position in the penalty box. Whether these "runners" are midfielders ore midfielders + a striker partner is irrelevant.

I think he is particularly useful in though games where we need an outlet up front.

I also think he can be very handy as one of two strikers when trying to break down teams that park the bus.

Good assessment
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:18 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Got it, but I remembered the tough CL game we had where he tried to do exactly that and got fucked for it...over and over he was dispossessed.

I remember Craig Bellamy saying that some players that hold the ball up is all fine and well but the manager should always take a faster forward option every sIngle time as defenders cack themselves.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Worth a quote for this gem mate. Haha
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Got it, but I remembered the tough CL game we had where he tried to do exactly that and got fucked for it...over and over he was dispossessed.

I remember Craig Bellamy saying that some players that hold the ball up is all fine and well but the manager should always take a faster forward option every sIngle time as defenders cack themselves.

I think Craig might have spoken out of self interest ;-)

He's sort of got a point, but you will also lose possession much faster with a pacy lightweight upfront (Nb! I'm not calling Ian lightweight).
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
freshie wrote:

I'm right again.

Fixed

It's a no brainer
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:58 pm

If the lad doesn't get into the CL squad after today then Pellers can kiss my arse.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I'm right again.

Cheers

Bony will never be the better option , he cant run and his movement has been mostly awful . I had high hopes for him when he signed for City but the simple fact is he doesn't suit our style . Shame really , will deffo be sold this summer !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I agree with you when you say that Nacho being good doesn't mean Bony is bad.
I also agree with you in your first paragraph above. But as for the rest of your assessment, I would actually go with Nacho ahead of Bony at this stage. I understand he is being carefully managed and rightly so, but I think he has shown us enough in the little he has played to deserve to be ahead of Bony.
Bony is out injured and should have to earn the displacement of Nacho.
Nacho attacks the front post and will always score goals because he has a natural instinct that cannot be taught.
He is also much more on the same wavelength as Aguero, Silva and KDB already.
I think he showed that when he came on against West Ham.

I think we need our three strikers fit. Form would say Kun and Nacho should be picked first.
I think the whole team should be picked on form.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum