Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho

Postby bigblue » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:08 pm

I know some don't agree but I think Pellers is playing a blinder with Iheanacho.

Did Sterling play alongside him today or what way were we set up?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:11 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Then be more precise you twot...........if used correctly ,,,, meaning what exactly? as I took that as in you would put him upfront before Nacho as lone striker.

Bony needs other players to do the running for him. Imo he's better with the back towards the goal, sucking the ball in and feeding it to forward running players, before getting into position in the penalty box. Whether these "runners" are midfielders ore midfielders + a striker partner is irrelevant.

I think he is particularly useful in though games where we need an outlet up front.

I also think he can be very handy as one of two strikers when trying to break down teams that park the bus.

And by the way, my first post wasn't aimed at you, you touchy old fart.

I agree with you when you say that Nacho being good doesn't mean Bony is bad.
I also agree with you in your first paragraph above. But as for the rest of your assessment, I would actually go with Nacho ahead of Bony at this stage. I understand he is being carefully managed and rightly so, but I think he has shown us enough in the little he has played to deserve to be ahead of Bony.
Bony is out injured and should have to earn the displacement of Nacho.
Nacho attacks the front post and will always score goals because he has a natural instinct that cannot be taught.
He is also much more on the same wavelength as Aguero, Silva and KDB already.
I think he showed that when he came on against West Ham.

I think we need our three strikers fit. Form would say Kun and Nacho should be picked first.
I think the whole team should be picked on form.

You forget that I in my previous post - which you also replied to - said that Iheanacho should get the nod ahead of Bony more often than not.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:20 pm

mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Then be more precise you twot...........if used correctly ,,,, meaning what exactly? as I took that as in you would put him upfront before Nacho as lone striker.

Bony needs other players to do the running for him. Imo he's better with the back towards the goal, sucking the ball in and feeding it to forward running players, before getting into position in the penalty box. Whether these "runners" are midfielders ore midfielders + a striker partner is irrelevant.

I think he is particularly useful in though games where we need an outlet up front.

I also think he can be very handy as one of two strikers when trying to break down teams that park the bus.

I also agree with you in your first paragraph above. But as for the rest of your assessment, I would actually go with Nacho ahead of Bony at this stage. I understand he is being carefully managed and rightly so, but I think he has shown us enough in the little he has played to deserve to be ahead of Bony.
Nacho attacks the front post and will always score goals because he has a natural instinct that cannot be taught.

I think we need our three strikers fit. Form would say Kun and Nacho should be picked first.

You forget that I in my previous post - which you also replied to - said that Iheanacho should get the nod ahead of Bony more often than not.

No. I got that Nooly. The bit I suppose I'm referring to is that if I had to choose a partner for Kun against teams that park the bus, I would currently go for Nacho, for the reasons I stated.
Of course that doesn't mean Bony can't do it. He's a different kind of player to Sergio., though. We need all three. There's a lot of games left.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I know some don't agree but I think Pellers is playing a blinder with Iheanacho.

Yeah absolutely , its all about giving the kid enough game time to find his confidence at first team level at City , we are a huge club always under the spotlight .It takes a special young talent no matter how good he is to thrive under the pressure and expectation of where we are as a football club . Nacho has excelled on and off the pitch , huge talent , great attitude ........... the world is at his feet at just 19 years of age and hey also Sterling at just 21 years of age .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:29 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

No. I got that Nooly. The bit I suppose I'm referring to is that if I had to choose a partner for Kun against teams that park the bus, I would currently go for Nacho, for the reasons I stated.
Of course that doesn't mean Bony can't do it. He's a different kind of player to Sergio., though. We need all three. There's a lot of games left.

If we have to rely on Bony we will win fuck all, harsh but fact ....... simples !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Question - What happens every 60 minutes?

Answer - An Iheanacho goal.

Enough said
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:07 pm

This lad is one of the best finishers/threats. He could win us the league along with Kun. I can see him ripping the teams we need to do it against like the dippers, scum and the very slow middle two Arsenal have. Got to get games.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:00 am

nottsblue wrote:Question - What happens every 60 minutes?

Enough said

Question - What happens when Iheanacho scores?

Answer- City wins

Enough said.

Hope the club can sort out his ownership issues or whatever it is and give him a new contract.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:27 am

phips wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Question - What happens every 60 minutes?

Enough said

Question - What happens when Iheanacho scores?

Answer- City wins

Enough said.

Hope the club can sort out his ownership issues or whatever it is and give him a new contract.

Ownership issues? Try "agent confusion." Dickface.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:56 am

So Iheanacho is a special player?

Was carl really the first to state the fucking obvious?

No doubt this will be his only moment in the sun, so we should definitely all claim he was the only one.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:55 am

Slim wrote:So Iheanacho is a special player?

Nope that honour would go to Mystic Kiers! I seem to remember when the signing was going through that LAHAD had a hunch about him and currently he was correct in his prediction.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:52 am

ruralblue wrote:

Nope that honour would go to Mystic Kiers! I seem to remember when the signing was going through that LAHAD had a hunch about him and currently he was correct in his prediction.

I think it might go earlier than that to the pre season tour 2 years back. Was there a goal he scored against Kansas City or someone like that? Looked special then and he is just that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:10 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I know some don't agree but I think Pellers is playing a blinder with Iheanacho.

On his own mate. Sterling left Navas right and the two Ferns and Delph supporting. Not sure from the stream if those 3 were all rotating or if Fern 2 was supposed to be deeper.

Didn't really matter as they never looked like scoring
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:33 am

john@staustell wrote:

On his own mate. Sterling left Navas right and the two Ferns and Delph supporting. Not sure from the stream if those 3 were all rotating or if Fern 2 was supposed to be deeper.

Didn't really matter as they never looked like scoring

Thanks John, good to hear, he's passing all tests with flying colours.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

I think it might go earlier than that to the pre season tour 2 years back. Was there a goal he scored against Kansas City or someone like that? Looked special then and he is just that.

That's when a few of us noticed him. I believe also against Liverpool at Yankee stadium.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:01 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

That's when a few of us noticed him. I believe also against Liverpool at Yankee stadium.

Can I just go on record to say I never noticed him, still haven't.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:05 pm

nominally a 4-2-3-1, but played more like a 4-2-4 in attack.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Pedro1006 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Anyone keeping track of Nacho's goals, assists and shots in terms of headers, left/right foot? The best strikers can score with either foot and head and that makes them more difficult to defend against in terms of positional play. He favours the left foot or has done recently and opponent coaches and defenders will start to look for weaknesses.
Pedro1006
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Nedum

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Pedro1006 wrote:Anyone keeping track of Nacho's goals, assists and shots in terms of headers, left/right foot? The best strikers can score with either foot and head and that makes them more difficult to defend against in terms of positional play. He favours the left foot or has done recently and opponent coaches and defenders will start to look for weaknesses.

He scored the penalty and the third Goal with his right foot.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum