Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

Agenda? What agenda LOL

Also IWT2012, that's a good post and I agree but I have a deep hatred of media machine and severely dislike how they are allowed to write blatant lies by inserting a fictitious "source" into the story.

It's the fact that they get away with it which gets to me.

gets too us all, but the club are bigger than that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

Agenda? What agenda LOL

Also IWT2012, that's a good post and I agree but I have a deep hatred of media machine and severely dislike how they are allowed to write blatant lies by inserting a fictitious "source" into the story.

It's the fact that they get away with it which gets to me.

Not to be a ponce about this kind of stuff as I do agree that we are not as well liked by certain folks in the media, but this person tweeting this seems to have his own agenda to prove "the agenda" against us. That quote from the Guardian about Nacho is taken out of context, and each quote is written by a different writer not the paper itself. The Nacho one is by Jacob Steinberg and the other about Martial by none other than City fan favourite, Jamie Jackson. Here's the more complete quote:

The newcomer wore the No72 shirt and Palace could have been forgiven for thinking that their team was out of the woods when he trotted on. Yet Iheanacho dragged them back in, maintaining City’s 100% record by stabbing in the rebound when Alex McCarthy was unable to hold Samir Nasri’s shot in the 90th minute.

Maybe the Nigerian, 19 next month, who was signed last year from Taye Academy in his home country, will never contribute anything of any significance again for City. He would not be the first youngster to fade into obscurity after such a dramatic introduction.

Iheanacho does not even qualify for the B list for City’s Champions League campaign, which begins against Juventus at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday, yet here was one of those moments that the leaders will look back on fondly if they lift the title in May. It was a goal that makes people talk of destiny, rather like United taking a huge step towards the title in April 2009 when Federico Macheda stepped off the bench to curl in a dramatic stoppage-time winner against Aston Villa.

I'm not sure what's wrong with what he says. He says "maybe" not that he "will" never contribute, etc.

Let's also be real. Nacho was far less discussed in the media than Martial at this point, who was also highly covered over the past two weeks, due to the astronomical fee Utd paid for him and the criticism surrounding the move.

Either way, the writer does not say Nacho will never contribute, so that is pure propaganda by this person tweeting. Sorry.

As for the Martial quote, A) it is by Jamie Jackson, B) all of what I wrote above also illustrates more reason their would be more coverage of his goal, which also as important as Nacho's goal was, also came in a 'istory derby against arch rival Liverpool from his first touch and shot on goal, as well as from a move that was quite impressive, and reminded some of the comparisons to Henry. I think it's not too surprising that it will be the top story.

I suspect Nacho's goal would have been more covered on another day, but we also have Chelsea's situation and Liverpool/Rogers watch going.

I feel we are receiving a lot of praise, as can be seen by MOTD comments on our match, where Nacho was hailed for his awareness and positioning given his age, as did we for winning the kind of game "champions" do.

We are still against the so-called 'istory of the English and European cartel so we are still outsiders, and of course disliked for other hypocritical reasons. In that way, I get it, and makes it all the more enjoyable when we silence them or make them have to heap praise on us.

Peace.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:00 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ter-united

Also on The Guardian Football Weekly podcast today we receive quite a bit of praise from all of their writers, saying Mangala and Kompany have been "brilliant" as well as our full backs as well as saying they think this is the year we will make noise in the Champions League. One of them does make a backhanded compliment, saying things can go well "a clear message that if you spend vast amounts of money on the right players."

Although he then goes on to say we will beat Juve tomorrow, and win the group. Another says he expects us to win and it to be "a real momentum builder for the" CL.

This is the same Guardian who has an "agenda" against us. Just sayin....
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:03 pm

PrezIke wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/audio/2015/sep/14/football-weekly-podcast-martial-makes-his-mark-manchester-united

Also on The Guardian Football Weekly podcast today we receive quite a bit of praise from all of their writers, saying Mangala and Kompany have been "brilliant" as well as our full backs as well as saying they think this is the year we will make noise in the Champions League. One of them does make a backhanded compliment, saying things can go well "a clear message that if you spend vast amounts of money on the right players."

Although he then goes on to say we will beat Juve tomorrow, and win the group. Another says he expects us to win and it to be "a real momentum builder for the" CL.

that could just as well be criticism of Scum or scouse2 who have both spent vast amounts of money on the wrong players ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:
PrezIke wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/audio/2015/sep/14/football-weekly-podcast-martial-makes-his-mark-manchester-united

that could just as well be criticism of Scum or scouse2 who have both spent vast amounts of money on the wrong players ...

Excellent point.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:10 pm

It's not your favourite newspaper by any chance, is it, mate? ;-)

It would be really fucking stupid, even by grauniad's standards, to say that the team top of the Premier league that battered the champions is going to fail miserably in the Champions League, or that a defence that hasn't conceded a goal in any of its matches this season has been anything other than "brilliant". The back-handed compliment you mention is enough to tell you what they want to happen and how they really feel, the obvious conclusion to draw being that is perfectly acceptable for certain clubs to "spend vast amounts of money on the right players", just not us.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

It's not your favourite newspaper by any chance, is it, mate? ;-)

It would be really fucking stupid, even by grauniad's standards, to say that the team top of the Premier league that battered the champions is going to fail miserably in the Champions League, or that a defence that hasn't conceded a goal in any of its matches this season has been anything other than "brilliant". The back-handed compliment you mention is enough to tell you what they want to happen and how they really feel, the obvious conclusion to draw being that is perfectly acceptable for certain clubs to "spend vast amounts of money on the right players", just not us.

Perhaps we've put them in this position where they are covering all bases. The interpretation is open. In the past it would have been quite clear where the dig was aimed. They are not alienating their target audience, but you couldn't be certain that it's not as much a dig at them, as much as us.

Long may their dilemma reign.
Like I said, anything they write about us, and they do have to because of what we are achieving, would be transparent and petty if it was to be overtly critical of us. This is particularly noticeable in the written and online media. Most are keeping it to a minimum at the moment I would suggest.
I do think there is a slight change in the TV coverage. Not Sky. I watch on NBC and the American channel does not have the same bias. They have been very positive from the start of the season.
I watched a recording of MOTD the other day and I think there was nothing wrong in Wright and Shearer's appraisal of Kelechi either.
Like them or loathe them, they were both top strikers and understood why and emphasised exactly why Nacho's goal was so impressive. This was all about the instinct of an 18 year old as opposed to Martial's which seemed more flashy. I think the little I've watched of the BBC hasn't been too bad this year. Could be better I'm sure you'll say, but I think the love in with United will stop internationally before it does in England.

Our silence, is more of an advantage to us when we are on the up and more than justifies not lashing out when they have a go at us .
They will have a lash at us again as soon as we have an off day. I'm pretty sure we'll say nothing then and get back on with it on the field.
The way to ram it down their throats is exactly the way the team are going at the moment.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:33 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I was scoring in a cricket match near scouseland and sat next to a scouse scum fan!! The worst scenario I could think of and when Iheanacho scored at the end of the game his chin dropped so far it was hilarious.

He seemed quite cocky early on when we were without Silva and Sterling and then Kun was taken off injured and got increasingly smug as the game wore on. He looked at me early doors when I said don't worry we have a top class young Nigerian lad to come on later and he ripped Utd a new one in the last 18's game last season.

How appropriate he came on and scored so I could say, well who would have thought that could happen. Kelechi had loads of talent but as said above he has tons of self confidence as well. Add that to natural instincts as shown on Saturday and we have a real talent for the future.

he won't be anywhere near as good as Martial of course but nobody could be could they?

Of course not, Doug. But that isn't such a bad thing really. I was going to post in the Media thread and might do yet, but here is as appropriate as anywhere.
We know the media love putting negative spins on our story but the way we are playing it is quite difficult for them at the moment. What happened on Saturday is a prime example. Kelechi scoring the winner in a top of the table clash after coming on as a sub should be the story of the day, but it's just a side note after The Martian putting a cherry on top of a game United had most likely already won.
So be it I prefer it that way.

Here's where I go slightly off topic:
I've always been in the camp that says, the silent approach with the media is the right approach for City and in particular this summer and start of this season we have played it perfectly. (Just my opinion) I don't think we see the advantage of this approach when we are being hammered in the press for something we all know isn't true. It upsets us and other fans lap it up and we wonder why City don't react.
Where we gain a benefit in my view, is when we see what is happening now. The team are performing and if it was any other team, even Chelsea that had got off to the start we have you would hear nothing but this in the media. They choose to ignore us and look for any positive spin they can on a United story as Liverpool are a sinking ship. They can't come up with anything negative about the team at the moment without looking stupid and petty....and transparent.

The advantage I see in this is, there is a lot less pressure on the team , which is chasing so many records at the moment. A lot of it is slipping silently under the radar. Low key, no pressure, effective, job done. It might get a mention or just be ignored rather than be acknowledged.
Even the likes of Iheanacho. No pressure on the lad. Someone else can take the limelight. Great as far as I'm concerned. The world will know this kids name soon enough.
I know for some, the team don't get enough kudos. This is as good an incentive as they are going to get, to succeed at everything they go for, this year.

Anyway, this probably should be in the media section, but in light of that young Nigerian lad, whatshisname? getting a few minutes, I put it here.

You're right to an extent, the media are missing a trick, in fact the oldest trick in the British sporting media's book of nasty cunty ways to fuck people over. We saw a couple of years back that by the time mid September came around, the 'talk' of winning a treble and being unstoppable started, which I don't think a single blue agreed with. But it gave them the ammunition to slaughter us when we lost to Barcelona in the champs league.

If we beat juventus tomorrow, I 100% guarantee it will start. These cunts often play the long game, and it won't be long before they start building us up, so that other fans can talk gleefully about how happy they are the smug city fans got what they deserved.....even though no blue ever said any such thing about trebles etc.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Bang on John.

It shows the power of the media in football. No City fan mentioned trebles or even doubles, yet it became common knowledge that every city fan got there due deserts.

If they build us up and the knock down never materialises, I'll Pmsl.
Original Dub

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 am

"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Coca......
What exactly was that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Where was the little rascal last night? Do we know yet?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Mase wrote:Where was the little rascal last night? Do we know yet?

Slight knock, no?
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:Where was the little rascal last night? Do we know yet?

Slight knock, no?

Fuck sake Aguero has had a slight knock for years! Get the little guy in the squad!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:00 pm

A few first teamers seem to have been given the night off ahead of a trip to London on Saturday. Maybe it was to cut down on the travelling?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:49 am

I was just checking on Merlin & Kaptain K's return dates and noticed that Nacho man is out with no return date with a groin/pelvis injury!

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... le.php#c21

Please don't say we've broken him already....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:52 am

CTID Hants wrote:I was just checking on Merlin & Kaptain K's return dates and noticed that Nacho man is out with no return date with a groin/pelvis injury!

sustained after a vigorous wanking session??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:14 am

CTID Hants wrote:I was just checking on Merlin & Kaptain K's return dates and noticed that Nacho man is out with no return date with a groin/pelvis injury!

Same injury as mj
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 am

Now that Aguero is injured again, who else feels Nachoman should be the one to start up front?
I am not kidding.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:25 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Now that Aguero is injured again, who else feels Nachoman should be the one to start up front?
I am not kidding.

A title chasing side has a choice of a kid that's played around 20 minutes senior football in his life or an experienced international with a proven goalscoring record in this league to lead their line. Let me get back to you on that one.

I know Bony's struggled to find his feet at City but come on, this is a no brainer.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum