Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby john@staustell » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am

PrezIke wrote:really looking forward to the signing, assuming the work permit application is accepted.

will certainly get some chances with kun out, yaya gone for january, lampard's imminent departure, and our attacking players' injury record.

seems we could even put nasri or silva in a deeper role and place him as a #10 behind dzeko, as a #9 with jovetic up front or a 2nd striker to pair with either.

I would just tell him to get out there and run around!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:
PrezIke wrote:really looking forward to the signing, assuming the work permit application is accepted.

will certainly get some chances with kun out, yaya gone for january, lampard's imminent departure, and our attacking players' injury record.

seems we could even put nasri or silva in a deeper role and place him as a #10 behind dzeko, as a #9 with jovetic up front or a 2nd striker to pair with either.

'Arry style management. Get a little sweary like "get our there and fucking run around yeah" and you've got a plan.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

'Arry style management. Get a little sweary like "get our there and fucking run around yeah" and you've got a plan.

yeah translated to High Energy, lots of pressing and harrying, dont give them an inch.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

yeah translated to High Energy, lots of pressing and harrying, dont give them an inch.

Wrong, it's 'arrying.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby trueblue64 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Nigeria Newsdesk ‏@NigeriaNewsdesk 11h11 hours ago Abuja
Kelechi Iheanacho will join the Flying Eagles team preparing for the 2015 AYC after the team’s Christmas break http://nnd.li/1DrmsrU
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:40 am

trueblue64 wrote:Nigeria Newsdesk ‏@NigeriaNewsdesk 11h11 hours ago Abuja
Kelechi Iheanacho will join the Flying Eagles team preparing for the 2015 AYC after the team’s Christmas break http://nnd.li/1DrmsrU

I don't think this will be written in stone IF he gets a work permit & the Count wants him at City.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 am

Actually the tournament is in March. I'd be surprised if we stopped him going to be honest. By then Aguero Dzeko and Jovetic and maybe a new striker will hopefully be available for selection. We mustn't overhype this guy. He's very talented and full of promise but he's got a long way to go before he's a top Premiership player.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:59 am

blues2win wrote:Actually the tournament is in March. I'd be surprised if we stopped him going to be honest. By then Aguero Dzeko and Jovetic and maybe a new striker will hopefully be available for selection. We mustn't overhype this guy. He's very talented and full of promise but he's got a long way to go before he's a top Premiership player.

So has Sturrudge imo, but it doesn't stop him scoring loads of goals. I think this lad is potentialy better very quickly & I would rather give him a go than sign somebody (permit permitting).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Fair enough Ted I hope you're right.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:18 pm

blues2win wrote:Fair enough Ted I hope you're right.

Well if we do sign a striker, it has to be either a loan/cheapo or we have to go into the transfer fund we are stockpiling for next season. I think if we sign one for big money it will mean we have to sacrifice one of the present squad next season, to make way for our summer target(s).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho

Postby twosips » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Tweeted by the usually reliable City Watch earlier

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/5 ... 9693915138

Kelechi Iheanacho's ITC has been delivered to City today. This allows them to apply for a work permit & register him w/ FA. (via @ColinUdoh)

Taken from this bloke.

https://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/552854441670754304

"I've just confirmed that Kelechi Iheanacho's ITC has been delivered to Man City today #Nigeria #MCFC"

"ITC = International Transfer Certificate. Means his transfer is officially complete and Man City can apply for a Work Permit for him"

Great news. He's at least a City player now. I suspect we'll hear something inside the next fortnight or so regarding his work permit.

It'd be a nice boost wouldn't it to go from having an injured Aguero and Dzeko and a sadly relatively ineffectual Jovetic to having Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic all fit joined by Bony and Iheanacho as options.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:02 am

Great news
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:26 am

Hmm, I wonder if this was the planned timeframe. or whether somebody has been holding onto it waiting for the brown envelope/ horse's head required to seal the deal ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:48 am

now just loan him out to Leicester or something for the rest of the season
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:56 am

phips wrote:now just loan him out to Leicester or something for the rest of the season

I'm loathe to say this...but that was funny.

Dick.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:23 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:now just loan him out to Leicester or something for the rest of the season

Dick.

Cheers

you thought that was meant in Jest? Come on!
Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:25 am

twosips wrote:
It'd be a nice boost wouldn't it to go from having an injured Aguero and Dzeko and a sadly relatively ineffectual Jovetic to having Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic all fit joined by Bony and Iheanacho as options.

Maybe it's worth remembering that, although he was brilliant in the summer, so was Jovetic.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:26 am

john@staustell wrote:
twosips wrote:

Maybe it's worth remembering that, although he was brilliant in the summer, so was Jovetic.

and Sinclair wasnt bad either!
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Dick.

Cheers

you thought that was meant in Jest? Come on!

Ooof. You might be right. I've lost my only mind.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
twosips wrote:

and Sinclair wasnt bad either!

Yes, but Kelechi was only 17 and barely introduced to the team and he looked every bit as good as that pair.
Certainly didn't look out of place. It's hard not to get excited about the prospect of somebody new and brilliant and possibly world class breaking onto the professional scene at City.
It would certainly put City in the spotlight if it was found that we had discovered a gem.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum