Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 am

Bluedj wrote:Could we finally be getting our young man?

http://africanfootball.com//news/489394 ... -Iheanacho

thanks for that

AfricanFootball.com can specially reveal today that EPL champions Manchester City have applied for a work permit for Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho.

Iheanacho has yet to be capped at full international level by Nigeria but he has been capped by his country at U17 and U20 levels and City are most likely to use the special talent argument to get the Home office to grant Iheanacho the right to ply his trade in the UK.

It was the same argument that helped Chelsea to give Mikel Obi a contract in 2006 even when by then he was not an established Nigeria international.

“City have applied for a work permit for Kelechi this week,” one of the player’s representatives informed

“We believe he will be granted the chance to play in England.”

Iheanacho was the MVP of last year’s FIFA U17 World Cup, which Nigeria won in fine style with the forward finishing also as the second leading scorer of the tournament.

Last week, he was called up by Nigeria U23 team with coach Samson Siasia admitting he is a big fan.

He equally shone during City’s pre-season training tour of the United States of America, scoring a couple of goals with class and composure.

Iheanacho turned 18 recently and has been training with Major League Soccer (MLS) side Colombus Crew.

Earlier this year, City said they may loan out the starlet when he is 18 and can sign a pro deal, but recent reports suggest they may keep him at the Ittihad Stadium.

Wow, Obi Mikel is a "special Talent"!!! If they got it, then our application should be a walk in the park :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:41 am

Where is the Ittihad stadium?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am

Slim wrote:Where is the Ittihad stadium?

It's in Jeddah!

Ittihad fc
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
sheblue wrote:Better than aguero? That's some praise indeed.

Potentially better at passing etc than Aguero.

Serge has never been that easy to work with & seems to have just made something of a leap forward in that respect then got injured, which is a real pisser imo.

Iheanacho has the ability to drop deeper & play like a support striker as well as leading the line, but he has a real pass on him at times moreso than you usually find in a striker. One or two he pulled out of the bag for the u17s, you wonder how he saw it.

Check out the pass at 039 & the weight of it, for a start.

Watch on youtube.com

One of the videos linked to that youtube clip shows all of his touches in the Kansas game. I know he's a kid, but he was incredibly wasteful on 95% of the times he got the ball. Reminds me a bit of Ronaldo, definitely got the talent, but needs to do a lot of growing up mentally to play in a team.

I also notice that when he scored, nobody bothered to congratulate him which seems a bit odd
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Not sure he was any more wasteful than any of our forwards tbh In fact I think he recycled possession brilliantly for a 17 year old... If you sat and watched every touch of Dzeko or Aguero you'd notice that they get caught out a lot in most games too but that's usually cos they're trying to do something positive, Aguero in particular, like he was.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:07 pm

twosips wrote:Not sure he was any more wasteful than any of our forwards tbh In fact I think he recycled possession brilliantly for a 17 year old... If you sat and watched every touch of Dzeko or Aguero you'd notice that they get caught out a lot in most games too but that's usually cos they're trying to do something positive, Aguero in particular, like he was.

Or Ronaldo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Not sure he was any more wasteful than any of our forwards tbh In fact I think he recycled possession brilliantly for a 17 year old... If you sat and watched every touch of Dzeko or Aguero you'd notice that they get caught out a lot in most games too but that's usually cos they're trying to do something positive, Aguero in particular, like he was.

Or Ronaldo.

Ha. Exactly. Hate it when a 17 year old talent reminds me of arguably one of the best players ever.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Ittihad is the more accurate spelling of the Arabic word actually, but I think they wanted to differentiate it for the English speakers from the AD Ittihad newspaper and the several other Ittihad clubs in the region. I guess Etihad looks much more maketable too.

Anyway, I do hope this gets through soon.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Or Ronaldo.

I'm all for players trying to force something, but most of the times he was trying to turn and run into brick walls or passed the first man and fluffed a simple pass. Like I said, its crystal clear this lad has the basis to be an incredible player, and the parralells with the way Tranny played at a similar age are remarkable.

I just hope we have the coaches to develop the best out of him in the way bacon did with tranny
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Don't know about the potential growing problem but from what I have seen to date from Ihenacho he does look 2 or 3 years ahead of others I have seen at his current age. I rate Pozo quite highly but this lad is well ahead of him and probably ready now. The premier league is a tough league as Pozo clearly found out yesterday but I reckon he can handle it and I just hope we have everything in hand to have him available from 1/1/15

He probably IS 2 or 3 years ahead of them, age wise. Can you tell me you wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he is 20?
I wouldn't. Promising player nonetheless
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:44 pm

He actually looks his age though compared to most dodgy Nigerians. Baby-faced and his celebration is one where he copies a WWE wrestler. Tell me that isn't the actions of a teenage boy. Ha.

Anyway. Seventeen, nineteen or twenty one - we should be signing him either way as he's clearly highly talented.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 am

He didn't look overage when playing for the U17s, in fact he was up against some proper fucking hulks playing for other teams.

And he's grown since.

He's just fucking good, & he was fucking good pre season for City, as a 17 year old at a new club, playing with new players, vs adults

He is already better at spotting & delivering a pass than most of our strikers in recent years, imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:He didn't look overage when playing for the U17s, in fact he was up against some proper fucking hulks playing for other teams.

And he's grown since.

He's just fucking good, & he was fucking good pre season for City, as a 17 year old at a new club, playing with new players, vs adults

He is already better at spotting & delivering a pass than most of our strikers in recent years, imo.

Of all the possible signings we have been linked with this lad excites me the most.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:47 am

twosips wrote:He actually looks his age though compared to most dodgy Nigerians. Baby-faced and his celebration is one where he copies a WWE wrestler. Tell me that isn't the actions of a teenage boy. Ha.

Anyway. Seventeen, nineteen or twenty one - we should be signing him either way as he's clearly highly talented.

Half the thirtysomething retards on here love the wrestling. And?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:54 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
twosips wrote:He actually looks his age though compared to most dodgy Nigerians. Baby-faced and his celebration is one where he copies a WWE wrestler. Tell me that isn't the actions of a teenage boy. Ha.

Cheers

Hey, i was into it too once... but then I grew up.

Now if it wasn't full of fucking mongs like Cena or whatever and if it wasn't still peddling should-probably-be-long-dead-by-now 'legends' maybe it'd have more merit but fuck me its such dull, sanitised shit these days. Gimme the 'attitude' era anyday.

But then again. I have grown up, technically speaking, so maybe i'd still not like it. C'est la vie.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:58 am

twosips wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Now if it wasn't full of fucking mongs like Cena or whatever and if it wasn't still peddling should-probably-be-long-dead-by-now 'legends' maybe it'd have more merit but fuck me its such dull, sanitised shit these days. Gimme the 'attitude' era anyday.

But then again. I have grown up, technically speaking, so maybe i'd still not like it. C'est la vie.

Sounds like you still watch it to me..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 am

twosips wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I dont even recognise it any more, its changed since I was into it

Wonderwall

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 am

twosips wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

you need to start watching some proper stuff like UFC instead of some shit wrestling.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:08 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
twosips wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

you need to start watching some proper stuff like UFC instead of some shit wrestling.

I am have recorded the series of the UFC women and am just through the first rounds so they are down to the last 8. They are not a patch on the men, but a couple of them are fucking nasty bastards.
Wonderwall

Postby PrezIke » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:52 am

really looking forward to the signing, assuming the work permit application is accepted.

will certainly get some chances with kun out, yaya gone for january, lampard's imminent departure, and our attacking players' injury record.

seems we could even put nasri or silva in a deeper role and place him as a #10 behind dzeko, as a #9 with jovetic up front or a 2nd striker to pair with either.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum