Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
twosips wrote:Can't help but think Pellers is a bit worried about all these injuries to our forwards at the moment and he'd be well up for the possible arrival of this lad in January.

Can't imagine Pozo would feel too wonderful about that but that's football innit?

He will go to New York as a sweetener to allow Frank to stay longer

Pozo? Yeah that'd be a good move.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:21 am

We could do with this lad now, what are the chances?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:43 am

Well if he can't get a work permit on the back of 'exceptional talent' then no other player should get one, ever. In fact pretty much nobody in any sport should qualify under that rule if he doesn't meet the standard.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:08 pm

MP said in his post match interview with SKY yesterday something to the tune of "we have something in place" with regards to covering for sergio, i know He's Chilean but if he meant Dzeko or Jovetic wouldn't he have just said we have cover. "Something in place".....i wonder !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Presumably he'll gone for six weeks next month for the ACON
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:56 pm

blues2win wrote:Presumably he'll gone for six weeks next month for the ACON

nigeria didn't qualify.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Good!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:MP said in his post match interview with SKY yesterday something to the tune of "we have something in place" with regards to covering for sergio, i know He's Chilean but if he meant Dzeko or Jovetic wouldn't he have just said we have cover. "Something in place".....i wonder !!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Lol ^

God I really hope we get this Iheanacho fella soon. I forgot how good he actually was in preseason...

Watch on youtube.com

He's got absolutely everything. I know it's only a preseason friendly but he's 17 (that's so fucking young - it really is) in that video playing against adults amongst a bunch of players he doesn't know. His confidence is incredible - such composure in everything he does. He's currently a much more ready prospect than Pozo (as much as i like him) as he has seemingly everything to his game. He's fast, strong, tall, can pass wonderfully and hold up the ball, as well as beat a man, finish clinically and also wallop them in from long range. Pure natural talent that could become genuinely world class.

We need to get him sorted asap.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 pm

twosips wrote:Lol ^

God I really hope we get this Iheanacho fella soon. I forgot how good he actually was in preseason...

Watch on youtube.com

He's got absolutely everything. I know it's only a preseason friendly but he's 17 (that's so fucking young - it really is) in that video playing against adults amongst a bunch of players he doesn't know. His confidence is incredible - such composure in everything he does. He's currently a much more ready prospect than Pozo (as much as i like him) as he has seemingly everything to his game. He's fast, strong, tall, can pass wonderfully and hold up the ball, as well as beat a man, finish clinically and also wallop them in from long range. Pure natural talent that could become genuinely world class.

We need to get him sorted asap.

I watched all of his games from the U17 World Cup & forgetting his running/goalscoring some of his passes are real Silva/Ali Benarbia 'eyes in the back of the head' stuff. It may be a controversial statement, but as an actuall footballer, for seeing things in the game & working with people, I think he can potentially be better than Aguero or Dzeko, very quickly. You can see the potential for a link up with Jovetic, for instance, even in that video. It's taken Sergio how long to successfully work with him ?

Equally contoversially; Kelechi reminds me of videos of Pele at the same age. That's how promising I think he is. I just hope he doesn't suddely grow fat legs or a huge arse or something & lose all his pace. You can never tell at that age.

Would he be able to step in though, or would he count as a signing from another club; in which case even if he gets a permit now, we would have to wait for the window to open.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Reminds me of a better sturridge, I hope we aren't setting the bar too high for this guy, he is a kid after all.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Reminds me of a better sturridge, I hope we aren't setting the bar too high for this guy, he is a kid after all.

He is on another level to Sturridge at the same age. Much more intelligent footballer for a start.

We just have to hope he doesn't lose it due to growing (as I think may have happened to Rekik). He may turn into quite a big lad.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:51 pm

All he could possibly lose due to growing is a yard of pace but he's very quick anyway. Couldn't effect what is clearly brilliant footballing ability could it? Look at the size of Nasri's arse too and he can shift ha
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Reminds me of a better sturridge, I hope we aren't setting the bar too high for this guy, he is a kid after all.

He is on another level to Sturridge at the same age. Much more intelligent footballer for a start.

We just have to hope he doesn't lose it due to growing (as I think may have happened to Rekik). He may turn into quite a big lad.

Don't know about the potential growing problem but from what I have seen to date from Ihenacho he does look 2 or 3 years ahead of others I have seen at his current age. I rate Pozo quite highly but this lad is well ahead of him and probably ready now. The premier league is a tough league as Pozo clearly found out yesterday but I reckon he can handle it and I just hope we have everything in hand to have him available from 1/1/15
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:02 pm

twosips wrote:All he could possibly lose due to growing is a yard of pace but he's very quick anyway. Couldn't effect what is clearly brilliant footballing ability could it? Look at the size of Nasri's arse too and he can shift ha

If he gets too big, turning, jumping etc would also be impaired.

It's my only real concern about him, that he was so big build already at 17.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah fair enough. Well he's 18 now so I guess physique wise there isn't *that* much left to grow so fingers crossed.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Don't know about the potential growing problem but from what I have seen to date from Ihenacho he does look 2 or 3 years ahead of others I have seen at his current age. I rate Pozo quite highly but this lad is well ahead of him and probably ready now. The premier league is a tough league as Pozo clearly found out yesterday but I reckon he can handle it and I just hope we have everything in hand to have him available from 1/1/15

I think you're absolutely right, but having watched Pozo yesterday, i don't think he's too far off as a No 10. Just no chance at all as a No 9, probably ever ! It also makes me think Barker won't be that far off. I'd be interested to see Pozo after about 3 games.

But Iheanacho is much better build & they are always the ones who come through first.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 pm

from the video he looks to be playing very very deep considering hes a striker and we're talking about him leading the line?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Nick wrote:from the video he looks to be playing very very deep considering hes a striker and we're talking about him leading the line?

he's like a cross between yaya and kun
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Better than aguero? That's some praise indeed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum