Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:29 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Well he's just become a nobody again.

The superkid Martial has just scored. That's all you'll hear about for a while. He really was a bargain at £50 mil.

How much did that Nacho fellow cost again.

Let's keep him quiet and score when he wants

That'd be nice.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Well he's just become a nobody again.

The superkid Martial has just scored. That's all you'll hear about for a while. He really was a bargain at £50 mil.

How much did that Nacho fellow cost again.

Let's keep him quiet and score when he wants

That'd be nice.

Amen to that.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:07 pm

phips wrote:
freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He should get the nod over Bony every time........Bony does not have enough in his locker to be a starter with Aguero.

If Aguero isn't fit then Kelechi should start on Tuesday

that would be magnificent considering Kelechi isn't in the CL squad

Humungous mistake by pellers.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:34 pm

phips wrote:
freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He should get the nod over Bony every time........Bony does not have enough in his locker to be a starter with Aguero.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:
freshie wrote:

Im assuming you're in the "cut Willy out of the CL squad since Joe is never hurt" camp?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:13 am

phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:
freshie wrote:

Im assuming you're in the "cut Willy out of the CL squad since Joe is never hurt" camp?

There is no such a camp. There's a "Willy should never have been signed and taken up a foreign space in our squad, seeing as he's shite and we may as well have a shite British reserve keeper" camp
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:58 am

Hell get his chance after Christmas if we perform anywhere near our best in Europe. I really have the highest of hopes for this guy, he's going to be frighteningly good (given a fair wind).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby bobby brows » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:09 am

barryconlonsbaldspot wrote:
twosips wrote:I fucking knew it. I really fucking did. The kid's a star in the making. Buzzing.

Spot on, I sat with bobbybrows watching him against the rags at the end of last year, he had a frustrating first half but then took the game away from them in the second, looks a real gem!

Tony Thorpe was the new rag superstar and after Kelechi was finished with him they released him!

Loving the fact that they keep calling him the rookie or the nigerian and won't refer to him as an academy player
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 am

Got a lot of praise by both Wright and Shearer on MotD.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:00 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Got a lot of praise by both Wright and Shearer on MotD.

Didn't see it yet, but they were both top strikers who should appreciate what he contributed in seven minutes yesterday.
His positional sense is exceptional for one so young.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 am

Didn't see it yet, but they were both top strikers who should appreciate what he contributed in seven minutes yesterday.

That's pretty much what they said. The focused on his position and what he was doing when Nasri fired his shot. Wright called it free goals or something like that, you know when the ball falls to the striker and all he has to do is to tap in. Well anyway, they were both impressed that he was anticipating the opportunity long before it presented itself and that he saw an opportunity that none of the CP defenders saw coming.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:14 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

That's pretty much what they said. The focused on his position and what he was doing when Nasri fired his shot. Wright called it free goals or something like that, you know when the ball falls to the striker and all he has to do is to tap in. Well anyway, they were both impressed that he was anticipating the opportunity long before it presented itself and that he saw an opportunity that none of the CP defenders saw coming.

He was back in for what would have been a second as well, had Yaya not played it behind him. The kid has it naturally.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Noodle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:42 am

It's a shame he's not in the champions league squad for the group matches but I expect him to start getting 20-30 minutes in the league after each of the group games and at least the same in the league cup if he doesn't start those games. And that's with Sergio and Bony staying 100% fit. That should give him plenty of opportunities to get into real contention for a 1st team spot and into the champions league squad if we make it to the knockout rounds, which I have no doubt we will.

Very fuclin excited about this lad. He looks like a combination of Kun & Sterling. Hasn't looked shy or nervous in the least in the 10 minutes he's played, and I think that's half the battle in making the step up to the 1st team.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

It's one of mine and my father and father-in-laws biggest bugbears. Forwards not following up. Like Wright said, it is free goals. Law and Greaves were the two beneficiaries that my father and father-in-law talk about. Mainly just reacting to shots from say Charlton or Blanchflower and anticipating a rebound. The art of this seems to be lost somewhat. The Goat used to do it as well.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

He was back in for what would have been a second as well, had Yaya not played it behind him. The kid has it naturally.

Just not enough weight on the ball from Yaya but good on him trying to set him up when he could quite easily have slotted it home himself.

Not sure Kelechi shouldn't have been given a pen there either, the player that came in behind him took all man and no ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Just not enough weight on the ball from Yaya but good on him trying to set him up when he could quite easily have slotted it home himself.

Not sure Kelechi shouldn't have been given a pen there either, the player that came in behind him took all man and no ball.

Possibly, because he instinctively went front post in front of the defender. I think he has has something you can't teach. You can try, but any time I've seen him play I've always been most impressed by his instinctive positional sense. I think it is what sets him apart from the rest of his age group.

Twosips and Doug have seen him more than most, first hand and I'd imagine they're buzzing at the prospect of him getting some serious game time this year. I think what happened on Saturday was nearly the best of all possible results. His confidence, which I believe is never in doubt, will be sky high now and I think he's shown Pellegrini that 'you can rely on me'.
Pellegrini will not be as hesitant to use him from here on in.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:59 am

I was scoring in a cricket match near scouseland and sat next to a scouse scum fan!! The worst scenario I could think of and when Iheanacho scored at the end of the game his chin dropped so far it was hilarious.

He seemed quite cocky early on when we were without Silva and Sterling and then Kun was taken off injured and got increasingly smug as the game wore on. He looked at me early doors when I said don't worry we have a top class young Nigerian lad to come on later and he ripped Utd a new one in the last 18's game last season.

How appropriate he came on and scored so I could say, well who would have thought that could happen. Kelechi had loads of talent but as said above he has tons of self confidence as well. Add that to natural instincts as shown on Saturday and we have a real talent for the future.

he won't be anywhere near as good as Martial of course but nobody could be could they?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I was scoring in a cricket match near scouseland and sat next to a scouse scum fan!! The worst scenario I could think of and when Iheanacho scored at the end of the game his chin dropped so far it was hilarious.

He seemed quite cocky early on when we were without Silva and Sterling and then Kun was taken off injured and got increasingly smug as the game wore on. He looked at me early doors when I said don't worry we have a top class young Nigerian lad to come on later and he ripped Utd a new one in the last 18's game last season.

How appropriate he came on and scored so I could say, well who would have thought that could happen. Kelechi had loads of talent but as said above he has tons of self confidence as well. Add that to natural instincts as shown on Saturday and we have a real talent for the future.

he won't be anywhere near as good as Martial of course but nobody could be could they?

Of course not, Doug. But that isn't such a bad thing really. I was going to post in the Media thread and might do yet, but here is as appropriate as anywhere.
We know the media love putting negative spins on our story but the way we are playing it is quite difficult for them at the moment. What happened on Saturday is a prime example. Kelechi scoring the winner in a top of the table clash after coming on as a sub should be the story of the day, but it's just a side note after The Martian putting a cherry on top of a game United had most likely already won.
So be it I prefer it that way.

Here's where I go slightly off topic:
I've always been in the camp that says, the silent approach with the media is the right approach for City and in particular this summer and start of this season we have played it perfectly. (Just my opinion) I don't think we see the advantage of this approach when we are being hammered in the press for something we all know isn't true. It upsets us and other fans lap it up and we wonder why City don't react.
Where we gain a benefit in my view, is when we see what is happening now. The team are performing and if it was any other team, even Chelsea that had got off to the start we have you would hear nothing but this in the media. They choose to ignore us and look for any positive spin they can on a United story as Liverpool are a sinking ship. They can't come up with anything negative about the team at the moment without looking stupid and petty....and transparent.

The advantage I see in this is, there is a lot less pressure on the team , which is chasing so many records at the moment. A lot of it is slipping silently under the radar. Low key, no pressure, effective, job done. It might get a mention or just be ignored rather than be acknowledged.
Even the likes of Iheanacho. No pressure on the lad. Someone else can take the limelight. Great as far as I'm concerned. The world will know this kids name soon enough.
I know for some, the team don't get enough kudos. This is as good an incentive as they are going to get, to succeed at everything they go for, this year.

Anyway, this probably should be in the media section, but in light of that young Nigerian lad, whatshisname? getting a few minutes, I put it here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

Agenda? What agenda LOL

Also IWT2012, that's a good post and I agree but I have a deep hatred of media machine and severely dislike how they are allowed to write blatant lies by inserting a fictitious "source" into the story.

It's the fact that they get away with it which gets to me.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum