Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Well he's just been given his first call up to the Nigerian Senior team..........

Man City: Rising star Kelechi Iheanacho handed Nigeria call-up reward

Manchester City's Kelechi Iheanacho has been added to his country's squad for their World Cup qualifier after his superb full debut for the Blues.

Kelechi Iheanacho's exciting progress for Manchester City has earned him his first senior call-up for Nigeria.

National team coach Sunday Oliseh added the 19-year-old to his squad for their 2018 World Cup qualifier against Swaziland.

Iheanacho's promotion follows his stunning full first-team debut for City against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

He scored and laid on two other goals in the 5-1 win and it has seen him added to the Nigeria squad at the last minute.

Oliseh said: "I initially called up 23 players but I am adding Kelechi Iheanacho to the list immediately. I have been following Kelechi's progress at City."

Iheanacho has been a star of Nigeria's junior ranks but has made rapid progress this season after being added to City's senior squad.

He scored his first goal for manuel Pellegrini's side in with a last-gasp winner at Crystal palace in September and played a starring role on his first start against the same team in the Capital One Cup this week.

He said: "I know I have the quality to prove myself any time I am given the chance. So any time I am on the pitch I have to work hard and play to the instruction of the coach and try to score a goal. That is what I am working on."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... i-10357538
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Crossie wrote:He'll join the AFCON bunch now every other year and desert us for 2 months.

Crossie, I would much prefer that he "dessert" us!... Many apologies if we missed celebrating your birthday, yesterday... I hope you enjoyed the Capital One Cup win birthday present!

So, we don't repeat the Yaya cakegate, here's a birthday cake big enough to share with today's birthday boys, MARKMAKAVELI & plantmcfc!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ruralblue » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:41 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Crossie wrote:He'll join the AFCON bunch now every other year and desert us for 2 months.

Crossie, I would much prefer that he "dessert" us!... Many apologies if we missed celebrating your birthday, yesterday... I hope you enjoyed the Capital One Cup win birthday present!

So, we don't repeat the Yaya cakegate, here's a birthday cake big enough to share with today's birthday boys, MARKMAKAVELI & plantmcfc!

Happy Birthday Crossie

Love

Julie, Ken & Berger x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:03 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

that cake is missing a tier...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:04 pm

ruralblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Happy Birthday Crossie

Love

Julie, Ken & Berger x

Ha ha A+
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote: that cake is missing a tier...

Sorry, but the cake tier expansion took too long, to be ready for this week's birthday celebrations!

With an attendance of over 40,000 people for a Wednesday night Cup match, it was a good-sized crowd that got to witness Kelechi, KDB, Bony, Yaya & Manu's goalscoring masterclass.
...Yes, that's how to have your cake... and eat it, too!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby blues2win » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:44 am

Pellegrini raising eyebrows by saying he wasn't impressed by Kelechi's performance against Palace. I think that's probably his indifferent English. I think he meant he wasn't surprised by his performance although he'll want to keep him grounded.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:11 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini raising eyebrows by saying he wasn't impressed by Kelechi's performance against Palace. I think that's probably his indifferent English. I think he meant he wasn't surprised by his performance although he'll want to keep him grounded.

Pellegrini is always very careful to say he needs to do more, or keep working to improve etc when he talks about Nacho, which I put down to him wanting to avoid a Balotelli kind of attitude developing in him. Considering Nacho's potential (and his recent senior international calllup) he probably needs some feet on the ground management.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:32 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini raising eyebrows by saying he wasn't impressed by Kelechi's performance against Palace. I think that's probably his indifferent English. I think he meant he wasn't surprised by his performance although he'll want to keep him grounded.

He didn't say it wasn't a good performance, he meant that it was what was expected after seeing Nacho in training.

Nacho should play today, not just because he was great on Wednesday, but because Bony is our only CL striker and needs protection for Seville.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm a bit puzzled by your comment, since I heard at least 6 of Pellegrini's post Cup match interviews... and Manuel clearly said that he WAS extremely impressed with Iheanacho's excellent performance, including goals + assists!

Here are just 2 of the many media reports about Pellegrini being impressed by both Iheanacho and Bony... The DM has a clip from Pellegrini's press conference & not only does Manuel praise Kelechi, but so do some of the reporters:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... alace.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... o-10354421?
Last edited by WhyAlwaysMe? on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:01 pm

The journalist asked if he was surprised at his performance and MP said no, because he works with him every day so he knows exactly what he can do. If anything it is a massive compliment in that he knows KI is well capable of this, and a lot more besides.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Thought he did well today. He still has a lot to work on. Maybe tighten up his first touch and taking it out of the air holding things up, but really he showed that he suits our quick interchanging passing around the box so much more than Bony.
The kid thinks fast. He moves the ball quick with one touch football. Great vision.
Should have had a couple of assists, if Bony knew where the goals were.

He'll learn a lot from that game.

Put him working with Silva and Aguero. Learning from them. The prospect is mouth watering.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:30 pm

He's excellent and as iwt (you need a new name mate) said, his first touch when trapping a ball is the only obvious thing he has to work on.

But I don't think he should have been hooked at all. It should have been bony.

This kid has it all and his work rate is brilliant.

If he keeps his head he can be better than sturridge
Original Dub

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:He's excellent and as iwt (you need a new name mate) said, his first touch when trapping a ball is the only obvious thing he has to work on.

But I don't think he should have been hooked at all. It should have been bony.

This kid has it all and his work rate is brilliant.

If he keeps his head he can be better than sturridge

I like him too, but I thought he was peripheral today and Bony contributed more overall, despite his misses and poor control. He will have learnt more from this though than he will from the Palace game. He probably needs another dozen of these tight games against defensive opponents to learn how to deal with it.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:34 pm

As he showed on Wednesday with the pass to KDB he isn't selfish in and around the box. Bony could learn a lesson from him. That dribble to try to go on and score when there were two other options was terrible of Bony. Think Nacho could link up with Serg better.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:45 pm

ruralblue wrote:As he showed on Wednesday with the pass to KDB he isn't selfish in and around the box. Bony could learn a lesson from him. That dribble to try to go on and score when there were two other options was terrible of Bony. Think Nacho could link up with Serg better.

Pellegrini is using Kelechi pretty good, he is giving him time on the pitch but not completely relying on the young lad. This takes pressure off of him, slowly inducing him into to first team.

Hopefully in January he will be part of the champions league squad too.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 am

CTID Hants wrote:Well he's just been given his first call up to the Nigerian Senior team..........

Man City: Rising star Kelechi Iheanacho handed Nigeria call-up reward

Manchester City's Kelechi Iheanacho has been added to his country's squad for their World Cup qualifier after his superb full debut for the Blues.

Kelechi Iheanacho's exciting progress for Manchester City has earned him his first senior call-up for Nigeria.

National team coach Sunday Oliseh added the 19-year-old to his squad for their 2018 World Cup qualifier against Swaziland.

Iheanacho's promotion follows his stunning full first-team debut for City against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

He scored and laid on two other goals in the 5-1 win and it has seen him added to the Nigeria squad at the last minute.

Oliseh said: "I initially called up 23 players but I am adding Kelechi Iheanacho to the list immediately. I have been following Kelechi's progress at City."

Iheanacho has been a star of Nigeria's junior ranks but has made rapid progress this season after being added to City's senior squad.

He scored his first goal for manuel Pellegrini's side in with a last-gasp winner at Crystal palace in September and played a starring role on his first start against the same team in the Capital One Cup this week.

He said: "I know I have the quality to prove myself any time I am given the chance. So any time I am on the pitch I have to work hard and play to the instruction of the coach and try to score a goal. That is what I am working on."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... i-10357538

Bet he gets injured,you wait.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Crossie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Happy Birthday Crossie

Love

Julie, Ken & Berger x

Ha ha A+

Haaaaaaaa funniest thing for ages!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Crossie wrote: Haaaaaaaa funniest thing for ages!

The gift wrapping was a bit tricky, but I'm thrilled that Kelechi, your fellow October birthday celebrant, could give you a special football present, to remember!

I also hope that all your birthday celebrations were enjoyed, along with the cake... Cheers & all the best!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Wooders » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:30 am

Aww - bless
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum