Kelechi Iheanacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelechi Ihenacho

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Stuart Brennan @StuBrennanMEN · 21 hrs 21 hours ago

Interesting to see Kelechi Iheanacho out to train with first team. #mcfc

Stuart Brennan @StuBrennanMEN · 21 hrs 21 hours ago

Don't get too excited, you Kelechi fans, he has a visa allowing him to train but has no work permit yet. #mcfc

By the time nacho has his work permit, we'll have him at messi status. Just watch.

And he will be about to retire.....
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:32 pm

is there any chance of him getting a permit at all..
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:37 pm

sheblue wrote:is there any chance of him getting a permit at all..

there are a lot of permutations with regards to that
Getting some International Caps
Classing as a Special Talent

you can read more here http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk.htm

However, a lot of it depends on who you know, as Utd have proved down the years.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
sheblue wrote:is there any chance of him getting a permit at all..

there are a lot of permutations with regards to that
Getting some International Caps
Classing as a Special Talent

you can read more here http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk.htm

However, a lot of it depends on who you know, as Utd have proved down the years.

He should get one no problem, unless Greg Dyke has already stepped in to stop it. Usually they apply, then it gets turned down, then they appeal it on the 'special talent' exemption.
There have been loads of players nowhere near as talented as Iheanacho given permits, so it shouldn't be a problem unless someone with an agenda is involved. He IS a special talent. If necessary, I would have thought a word from Khaldoon to David Cameron should tip the balance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Can't we just bribe his FA to select him for whatever internationals it takes to get him a permit? By bribe I obviously mean invest in grass roots football, ahem.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:Can't we just bribe his FA to select him for whatever internationals it takes to get him a permit? By bribe I obviously mean invest in grass roots football, ahem.

It will happen anyway, but to fully qualify he would have to play 75% of games, so it would still require a special allowance for him to play in the short term.

Sobering thought for Bayern that he could be playing vs their U19s today if he'd had a permit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:16 pm

A letter of intent could help though. Something along the lines of how they intend to use him in internationals subject to health over the next however many matches it takes.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:35 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Stuart Brennan @StuBrennanMEN · 21 hrs 21 hours ago

Interesting to see Kelechi Iheanacho out to train with first team. #mcfc

Stuart Brennan @StuBrennanMEN · 21 hrs 21 hours ago

Don't get too excited, you Kelechi fans, he has a visa allowing him to train but has no work permit yet. #mcfc

By the time nacho has his work permit, we'll have him at messi status. Just watch.

Messi status is nothing compared to Bojinov status!

This is very true.
Original Dub

Postby C & C » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:37 pm

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sport/188666-analyst-advises-new-york-city-to-pair-lampard-with-iheanacho

Analyst advises New York City to pair Lampard with Iheanacho
Monday, 01 December 2014 11:12 Written by Michael Schwarts

SKYSCARPERS blue columnist, Michael Schwarts, has advised Manchester City’s MLS franchise New York City FC to make a loan move for City trainee, Kelechi Iheanacho.

NYCFC are expected to loan four players from City’s academy, but the 18-year-old Nigerian currently only has a pre-contract agreement with the English champions, who are yet to make it a permanent deal.

Iheanacho trained with the City’s first team all through the week leading to last weekend’s clash against Swansea City and according to Manchester City evening news’ Stuart Brennan, the Nigerian has a visa that only allows him to train.

He can’t be used by the team in competitive games, as he is yet to get a work permit and Schwarts says he won’t be a bad loan signing for the MLS outfit.

He reckons he will be ‎a great addition to the team alongside David Villa and Frank Lampard in the team’s inaugural season in the MLS.

Regarded as one of Africa’s future greats in football, the Nigerian is a composed finisher with a keen vision in creating goals for others and shone in City’s pre-season tour of America, ‎where he scored twice including a goal against AC Milan.

Reports claimed there is interest for his services from a host of clubs in Europe with Belgium side, Mechelen, particularly mentioned as a future loan destination if he eventually signed the dotted lines for Manchester City.

The 2013 Under-17 World Cup MVP and ‎tournament golden ball winner also won the CAF most promising talent of the year award in 2013 and he is expected to be a member of Nigeria’s next Under-20 or 23 team.
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:42 pm

C & C wrote:http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sport/188666-analyst-advises-new-york-city-to-pair-lampard-with-iheanacho

Analyst advises New York City to pair Lampard with Iheanacho
Monday, 01 December 2014 11:12 Written by Michael Schwarts

SKYSCARPERS blue columnist, Michael Schwarts, has advised Manchester City’s MLS franchise New York City FC to make a loan move for City trainee, Kelechi Iheanacho.

NYCFC are expected to loan four players from City’s academy, but the 18-year-old Nigerian currently only has a pre-contract agreement with the English champions, who are yet to make it a permanent deal.

Iheanacho trained with the City’s first team all through the week leading to last weekend’s clash against Swansea City and according to Manchester City evening news’ Stuart Brennan, the Nigerian has a visa that only allows him to train.

He can’t be used by the team in competitive games, as he is yet to get a work permit and Schwarts says he won’t be a bad loan signing for the MLS outfit.

He reckons he will be ‎a great addition to the team alongside David Villa and Frank Lampard in the team’s inaugural season in the MLS.

Regarded as one of Africa’s future greats in football, the Nigerian is a composed finisher with a keen vision in creating goals for others and shone in City’s pre-season tour of America, ‎where he scored twice including a goal against AC Milan.

Reports claimed there is interest for his services from a host of clubs in Europe with Belgium side, Mechelen, particularly mentioned as a future loan destination if he eventually signed the dotted lines for Manchester City.

The 2013 Under-17 World Cup MVP and ‎tournament golden ball winner also won the CAF most promising talent of the year award in 2013 and he is expected to be a member of Nigeria’s next Under-20 or 23 team.

I have a feeling that this will be a peace offering to smooth the waters on a Lampard extension
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:56 pm

That's an annoyingly nothing article. Its just someone relatively irrelevant saying that he reckons Iheanacho would be a good signing. Yeah, no shit. Be good to get some actual news on his situation.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bluedj » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:29 am

Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby sheblue » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:36 am

“He has to be considered as a special talent to get a work permit. Man City are not prepared to loan him to another team.

“They don't have a Plan A, B or C for Iheanacho. The club want him.”

lovely stuff....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 am

Bluedj wrote:The latest update I've seen

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/catego ... cho/194725

Well spotted. Cheers.

Could be City have already applied for a permit & are now waiting for the 'exceptional talent' appeal to go through then. That would explain him now training with the first team. There should be no problem seeing as he was the top scorer in the U17 world cup.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Can't help but think Pellers is a bit worried about all these injuries to our forwards at the moment and he'd be well up for the possible arrival of this lad in January.

Can't imagine Pozo would feel too wonderful about that but that's football innit?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby shortagain » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:11 pm

twosips wrote:Can't help but think Pellers is a bit worried about all these injuries to our forwards at the moment and he'd be well up for the possible arrival of this lad in January.

Can't imagine Pozo would feel too wonderful about that but that's football innit?

Different positions, Pozo is Silva's relacement in time
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:14 pm

shortagain wrote:
twosips wrote:Can't help but think Pellers is a bit worried about all these injuries to our forwards at the moment and he'd be well up for the possible arrival of this lad in January.

Lopes is Silvas like for like not Pozo
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 pm

He will go to New York as a sweetener to allow Frank to stay longer
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:53 pm

If Pozo makes it, chances are he will be able to play anywhere in an attacking role; striker, Nasri, Silva, Jovetic positions or even wide. So no one player is really a threat to him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
shortagain wrote:

Lopes is Silvas like for like not Pozo

I don't think lopes is anything like Silva. Lopes is an aggressive attacker who beats people with pace and has a rocket of a shot. He's more Sanchez like if anything. Pozo is a lot more similar to Silva imo but I think Jovetic is a closer comparison still.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum