The solution

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The solution

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's disappointing.

We expect the players to applaud us at the end, what must they think when we can't be bothered to applaud them?

I don't know the solution btw, only those that leave early do.

Probably not much and there's zero evidence that it has any effect on the players whatsoever.
Not an attack on you mate but I hate this discussion as it reeks of 'i'm a better fan than you'. A person can leave whenever he/she chooses, they've paid for their 'matchday experience' which is generally a load of bollocks.

I went to my first game in over a year yesterday and as twosips says it's all so fake, commercialized and cringey. Don't know if you went but did anyone see the half time 'entertainment' where they got two blokes to commentate on Aguero's goal and called it a 'passion challenge'. Absolutely cringey and embarrassing.Then there's the flat atmosphere to go with it and to top it off the absurd prices to go to a game in the first place.

Of course people can leave when they please and never would I suggest I'm a better fan than anyone else. You're right there is no evidence to suggest it makes a difference to the players, I'm just trying to put myself in the player's shoes and imagining how it would seem to me. All I'm saying is that I find it disappointing.

I honestly really don't think the players give two hoots and don't know why they would. We're not watching our kids at a Sunday league match and have to worry about hurting their feelings, we're watching some of the highest paid sportsmen in the world. They're probably thinking about getting home to their mansions and glamour wives/partners!!

I don't go anymore, apart from yesterday where someone gave me a ticket and I always stayed until the end because I didn't want to miss anything. But say someone pays 50 quid to go and watch us play shite and lose at home to Stoke, they're well within their rights to leave a couple minutes early if they want to. I can't imagine Sergio and Silva were deeply upset that John Smith from Worsley left a couple of minutes early.

When the club raises the prices to price out your average fan, charges you a membership fee for the 'right' to buy a ticket and insists on this shitty 'match-day experience' bollocks, it all just seems so fake and devoid of any sentiment and leads to poor atmospheres. That's the biggest problem, not people leaving early.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:44 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

We expect the players to applaud us at the end, what must they think when we can't be bothered to applaud them?

Probably not much and there's zero evidence that it has any effect on the players whatsoever.
Not an attack on you mate but I hate this discussion as it reeks of 'i'm a better fan than you'. A person can leave whenever he/she chooses, they've paid for their 'matchday experience' which is generally a load of bollocks.

I went to my first game in over a year yesterday and as twosips says it's all so fake, commercialized and cringey. Don't know if you went but did anyone see the half time 'entertainment' where they got two blokes to commentate on Aguero's goal and called it a 'passion challenge'. Absolutely cringey and embarrassing.Then there's the flat atmosphere to go with it and to top it off the absurd prices to go to a game in the first place.

Of course people can leave when they please and never would I suggest I'm a better fan than anyone else. You're right there is no evidence to suggest it makes a difference to the players, I'm just trying to put myself in the player's shoes and imagining how it would seem to me. All I'm saying is that I find it disappointing.

I honestly really don't think the players give two hoots and don't know why they would. We're not watching our kids at a Sunday league match and have to worry about hurting their feelings, we're watching some of the highest paid sportsmen in the world. They're probably thinking about getting home to their mansions and glamour wives/partners!!

I don't go anymore, apart from yesterday where someone gave me a ticket and I always stayed until the end because I didn't want to miss anything. But say someone pays 50 quid to go and watch us play shite and lose at home to Stoke, they're well within their rights to leave a couple minutes early if they want to. I can't imagine Sergio and Silva were deeply upset that John Smith from Worsley left a couple of minutes early.

When the club raises the prices to price out your average fan, charges you a membership fee for the 'right' to buy a ticket and insists on this shitty 'match-day experience' bollocks, it all just seems so fake and devoid of any sentiment and leads to poor atmospheres. That's the biggest problem, not people leaving early.

Don't think it's fair that you tar all footballer's with the one brush.

If what the fans say or do didn't make any difference to say Kolarov for example then why did he react the way he did at the Norwich game at the end of the 2012/13 season?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:55 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Don't think it's fair that you tar all footballer's with the one brush.

If what the fans say or do didn't make any difference to say Kolarov for example then why did he react the way he did at the Norwich game at the end of the 2012/13 season?

There's a big difference between booing and targeting a player and leaving early. In that game certain fans took their anger out and shouted abuse at Kolarov from my understanding. That undoubtedly would piss a player off. It was a case of frustration boiling over.

It's very different to fans slipping away early. 90% of the fans don't make any noise except the odd 'ooh'. They remain silent. At the end of the game, unless it's a particularly big game then the players will generally want to get off the pitch,shake hands with the opposition, have a shower, get something to eat and go home, like anyone else. It's hardly like there's ever an atmosphere to soak up anyway, especially after losing at home with an uninspired 1-0 defeat to Stoke.
They're not going to be upset that a few people left early, they're really not. Sergio and David are not sat at home thinking about it.

I can't recall any players ever commenting that fans leaving early was deeply affecting them or causing a negative impact.

Not an attack on you by any means mate but this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things which we like to make a mountain of.

Maybe if we made the 'matchday experience' more enjoyable and lowered the prices and worked on the atmosphere then fans wouldn't want to leave early?
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby MaineRoadblue » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Is the atmosphere any worse than every other ground in England (apart from Selhurst Park)?

One of the major problems is the away fans splitting up the vocal city fans in the south stand. So many times the section of city fans in the corner start a chant and then the south stand starts singing a different song and they drown each other out or vice versa. When the expansion is completed I'm pretty sure the plan by the club is to split away fans into three sections in each of the tiers. That will free one block in tier 1, hopefully they will allow the 1894 group to get a block together which will help get songs going and organise more displays like you see at palace with their ultras. Safe standing should be looked into to reduce prices but that is a separate point.

If they just sell tickets in the free block to anyone the atmosphere will just get even worse as like yesterday you get fans who sit down next to away fans which creates even a bigger buffer between the two singing ends.

On fans leaving early, personally I think its to do with how long it takes to get out of the carpark at full time. Must be annoying for the people who stay the whole game in the family stand where its worst with people trying to get past you.

And finally when will the club get rid of Hugh Ferris and the dreadful HT 'entertainment', just awful it is.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:29 pm

I agree on the half time entertainment: centre circle selfies must be the worst idea ever. If people want to do that at least charge a tenner a time. Definitely not a spectator sport and very small-time.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

That, unfortunately is Premier League football. Don't know about us ruining football, the money men have done a good enough job, so there's nothing left to ruin.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I agree on the half time entertainment: centre circle selfies must be the worst idea ever. If people want to do that at least charge a tenner a time. Definitely not a spectator sport and very small-time.

It was utterly cringewothy yesterday. They just need to have two blokes taking penalties or a crossbar challenge or something like they used to. None of this 'entertainment' rubbish.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby halnone » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:13 pm

lowering ticket prices would be a start.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:45 pm

halnone wrote:lowering ticket prices would be a start.

What, and let the riff-raff in? That's not how it's designed mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Too late, I'm in already
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Too late, I'm in already

Yep, already noted ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum