The solution

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The solution

Postby dazby » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Put the stewards at the exits preventing people from leaving until 2 minutes after full time.

Home fans, you are a disgrace.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: The solution

Postby dazby » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:32 pm

The traffic has to be quieter at full time then 10 minutes beforehand.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Shocking today. About 2000 in the ground by the end. We are such sore losers. Other fans have every right to jibe at out support as at home its garbage. Not enjoyed a home game for a long time.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby twosips » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Keeping them there at the full-time whistle is only a small part of the problem. Getting them to sing for at least a third of the game would be a nice start. Was sat in 110 which started nice and loud but after about 20 minutes it just died down into nothingness really.

A horrible air of kinda quiet awkwardness made it almost impossible to get anything going really. First game i'd been too in over year (for finance reasons) and it was even worse than I remember... even if they're all there at the full time whistle it's totally irrelevant if its like a morgue.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Honestly, and I hate to sound negative, I can't see how it's ever gonna change either unless some crazy drastic shit happens which i don't think it ever will as we're getting more and more 'Modern Football ™' with every passing game and it all feels so sterile and false. The pre-match entertainment, the blasted out motivational songs etc.. it just leads to a forced feeling of disproportionate excitement and it leaves everyone feeling a tad numb.

It feels like as a club we've had supporters who have spent the vast majority of their lives playing the plucky underdog, revelling in it and kinda enjoying the misery in a very British way, and then we won the lottery - we became awesome, won shit, fucked up United and now it's almost like there's well.... no motivation. The crowd feel very much there by default and there's no real hunger unless we're playing a derby or sumat. It's a malaise that's kinda seeped over the club and i've no fucking idea how it's gonna change. Feels like the crowds just waiting to be entertained now.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:49 pm

I like football
I love City
I like the rest of the fans
I liked my lift to the game

I didn't like getting wet
I don't care if people leave early

The solution......everyone needs to lighten up a little.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:28 pm

You can't stop people leaving somewhere.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby twosips » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm

As I said before, leaving isn't the problem imo. People wouldn't want to leave if it didn't feel like the physical embodiment of depression in the ground. Atmosphere is terrible.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 am

Let me start by saying I NEVER leave early but I really can't see why people get their knickers in a twist. If people want to leave-let them. If you don't like leaving early - then don't leave early. If people want to leave they are within their full rights to do so whatever the reason. I can't imagine the players on their multi million pound contracts give anything resembling a shit about how many people are in the ground at the end of the game.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadblue » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:52 am

Until the club sorts out the absolute shocking carpark situation then people will continue to leave early. Takes like an hour to get out of the carpark as the police stop all the traffic. It does look embarrassing though and its getting worse every season.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 am

It's disappointing.

We expect the players to applaud us at the end, what must they think when we can't be bothered to applaud them?

I don't know the solution btw, only those that leave early do.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:39 am

This old chest nut again.

Same arguments every time. There's nothing new to say
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:49 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:This old chest nut again.

Same arguments every time. There's nothing new to say

I disagree. The concept of a "chest nut" is absolutely new and vibrant!

Is there a Cleveland steamer you want to tell us about?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:10 am

Turn up at kick off time, preferably after a few hours in the pub, stand throughout the match, shout a lot of stuff and the atmosphere seems ok. Hate it when we move for cup games and have to sit down and be quiet.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 am

twosips wrote:As I said before, leaving isn't the problem imo. People wouldn't want to leave if it didn't feel like the physical embodiment of depression in the ground. Atmosphere is terrible.

Got to admit mate, that's kinda how I felt the last couple of years before I moved away, particularly Mancini's last season. It honestly felt like by turning up I was going through the motions

Perhaps the issue is that there is no real joy in a home win these days when most are a foregone conclusion, then folk go nuclear when we don't win!

This business of being at the top of the table is really just something we haven't been used to, we were used to the excitement of being the underdog against a big team, or equals with most other teams meaning any result was possible on any given day - that's all gone now, and a win is expected, with the only excitement really being how many we score

I'm back in the UK now after my Saudi adventure, but I've let someone else have my season ticket for this year, and in all honesty, I won't make an effort go to any home games now unless they are comps (and I even jibbed on yesterday) as I don't get any enjoyment out of home games and haven't for several years

I'd go away from home in a heartbeat though, it's not mundane
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:48 am

I was shocked at how quiet it was yesterday. I know it's far from the first time, but it seemed worse than ever. It had a feeling of "after The Lord Mayors show" about it which was odd because it's not like we had played a Real Madrid or the Rags during the week. This is not just our problem though. How long is it since he who shall not be named mentioned the prawn sandwich brigade.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:You can't stop people leaving somewhere.

josef fritzl could give the club some tips...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby shortagain » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 am

Wouldn't be anything to do with the opposition then.

As a season ticket holder I was in my seat well before the KO & remained until the final whistle, but I cannot say I was entertained. It was like watching a chess match & I certainly wouldn't pay to do that. We were slow, lethargic & seemed content to play in front of Stoke who were more than happy to get all 11 between the ball & their goal.

We can look forward to more of that from visiting teams & until we start matches with a high tempo & urgency to get an early breakthrough it will only get worse. That is the price of success, why should visitors come and play open expansive football & get ripped apart when they can take all entertainment out of the game & escape with a point or like Stoke thanks to errors on our part all 3
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:25 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's disappointing.

We expect the players to applaud us at the end, what must they think when we can't be bothered to applaud them?

Probably not much and there's zero evidence that it has any effect on the players whatsoever.
Not an attack on you mate but I hate this discussion as it reeks of 'i'm a better fan than you'. A person can leave whenever he/she chooses, they've paid for their 'matchday experience' which is generally a load of bollocks.

I went to my first game in over a year yesterday and as twosips says it's all so fake, commercialized and cringey. Don't know if you went but did anyone see the half time 'entertainment' where they got two blokes to commentate on Aguero's goal and called it a 'passion challenge'. Absolutely cringey and embarrassing.Then there's the flat atmosphere to go with it and to top it off the absurd prices to go to a game in the first place.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:57 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's disappointing.

Probably not much and there's zero evidence that it has any effect on the players whatsoever.
Not an attack on you mate but I hate this discussion as it reeks of 'i'm a better fan than you'. A person can leave whenever he/she chooses, they've paid for their 'matchday experience' which is generally a load of bollocks.

I went to my first game in over a year yesterday and as twosips says it's all so fake, commercialized and cringey. Don't know if you went but did anyone see the half time 'entertainment' where they got two blokes to commentate on Aguero's goal and called it a 'passion challenge'. Absolutely cringey and embarrassing.Then there's the flat atmosphere to go with it and to top it off the absurd prices to go to a game in the first place.

Of course people can leave when they please and never would I suggest I'm a better fan than anyone else. You're right there is no evidence to suggest it makes a difference to the players, I'm just trying to put myself in the player's shoes and imagining how it would seem to me. All I'm saying is that I find it disappointing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum