***official stoke at manchester city match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***official stoke at manchester city match thread***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:00 pm

If Chelsea win they have a 6 point advantage which we have to win back by us beating Everton & also them fucking up v a lesser team. We did it last season though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:02 pm

We could beat Chelsea of course!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:04 pm

phips wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:Makes no sense that you start with 2 strikers who can't win headers against a team which defends deep and then have a good crosser lobbing them in.

Poor team selection from Pellegrini.

agreed. against stoke you either play Dzeko or Negredo or both. with Negredo out Dezeko had to start. he didn't look injured from last week's "injury"

Or if you play smaller players the ball should stay on the grass. No need to play to Stoke's strengths at all. Right personnel, wrong attitude. We've looked second best in all three games so far this season. I blame the World Cup hangover for many of our failings at the moment but that excuse will soon wear out.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Jovetic is not small; he's over 6 foot and good in the air. He's also much more mobile than Dzeko. It's always easy to say that someone on the bench should have started. I'm afraid the whole team was sluggish and complacent. If Yaya had scored rather than hitting the bar just before half time it might have been different but he didn't. Let's face it we were pretty shit. I do think it was a penalty against Yaya; there was clearly contact.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:15 pm

I wonder maybe if someone like Lampard just might have given us another option today.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby ashton287 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Wrong team selection to start with.

Wrong subs later on. Aguero shouldn't have started and when dzeko came on it should have been for aguero not jovetic.

Navas or milner should of started over Nasri.

Ya ya was so poor. He has gone from being the best cm in the world to making carrick look world class.

Ref was a fucking joke as well which didn't help.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:17 pm

blues2win wrote:We could beat Chelsea of course!

If they defend like that, we'll beat them twice.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Hughes and Stoke deserve full credit for that. They were superb defensively and dangerous on the counter. They executed their gameplan well and in truth it was fairly comfortable for them, we dug out a couple of half chances but they were never really 'hanging on'.
They also showed more pace and creativity going forward than you would expect from a Stoke side. Fair play.

These games happen and at least it's early in the season, you put them behind you and go and beat Arsenal the next game.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Hughes and Stoke deserve full credit for that. They were superb defensively and dangerous on the counter. They executed their gameplan well and in truth it was fairly comfortable for them, we dug out a couple of half chances but they were never really 'hanging on'.
They also showed more pace and creativity going forward than you would expect from a Stoke side. Fair play.

These games happen and at least it's early in the season, you put them behind you and go and beat Arsenal the next game.

Yes, that's why we watch sport because the result is never absolutely certain. Who would want to watch games where there was no chance of an upset, even if it meant we were guaranteed to win.

Take it on the chin, but make damn sure we don't do it again.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Herb » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Looks like Joe's in his usual early season stupor as that's another couple of points dropped due to comedy capers.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby kinkylola » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:50 pm

that was comical goal keeping ... and defending leading up to it. Pretty poor performance, no professionalism and aguero looked really selfish to me. I think we should have kept with Dzeko and Jovetic who were developing some understanding and leading a successful attack.

extremely disappointed obviously, AND I can't very well talk shit to the rag fans who looked like shit once again ... fuck me.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 pm

A piss poor day at the office. They happen. Its how we bounce back after that will count
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ashton287 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm

Herb wrote:Looks like Joe's in his usual early season stupor as that's another couple of points dropped due to comedy capers.

Good. We can drop him early and not have to worry every time a team get a corner.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
phips wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:Makes no sense that you start with 2 strikers who can't win headers against a team which defends deep and then have a good crosser lobbing them in.

Poor team selection from Pellegrini.

agreed. against stoke you either play Dzeko or Negredo or both. with Negredo out Dezeko had to start. he didn't look injured from last week's "injury"

Or if you play smaller players the ball should stay on the grass. No need to play to Stoke's strengths at all. Right personnel, wrong attitude. We've looked second best in all three games so far this season. I blame the World Cup hangover for many of our failings at the moment but that excuse will soon wear out.

Our attack lacked pace and Stoke were organised. The smaller players were just tackled and out-muscled out of the game.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Bluemoon16 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Joe Hart and his ridiculous fuckups at times makes wonder if he's a member of a game fixing mafia ring! Bring on Arsenal.
Bluemoon16
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: ZabzZ

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:56 pm

ashton287 wrote:Wrong team selection to start with.

Wrong subs later on. Aguero shouldn't have started and when dzeko came on it should have been for aguero not jovetic.

Navas or milner should of started over Nasri.

Ya ya was so poor. He has gone from being the best cm in the world to making carrick look world class.

Ref was a fucking joke as well which didn't help.

Agree with the Nasri bit. In the 3 games he played he has not contributed much. Could have done with pace of Navas or the diligence of Milner.

Don't agree on the Yaya bit. He was the only one who had shots on goal, came close to scoring and should have got a penalty call.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Part of the problem was that Fernando had to go off early, meaning we couldn't bring Fernandinho on to pair with him later in the game for Aguero/Jovetic, which would have given us a more solid centre and pushed Yaya up to bother their back line. It might have been Pellegrini's intention to have Dzeko and Yaya in their box later in the game with Navas and Sagna (and Kolarov) supplying the ammunition if the trickery hadn't worked by then. I think the plan was undone by an early injury and some sloppy play to give them a goal and a sniff of three points.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If Chelsea win they have a 6 point advantage which we have to win back by us beating Everton & also them fucking up v a lesser team. We did it last season though.

have Chelsea played one more game then us, because I thought they had 9pts and we have 6 pts
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:17 pm

could the players tell us fans why they need to pass the ball to each other but going nowhere, if a team like stoke park the bus then we just play into their hands as we never went forward. and why do we need to pass to yaya every fucking time, then he follows the ball to get it back, now i'm not a pro footballer or even played for a living but I even know when you have passed a ball find some space not follow it like we did at school. and cant we play the ball faster like what stoke did, when they went forward they had 3-4 players up with the ball, when we broke forward after say a corner we had two players going forward and others just plodding on NOT GOOD AT ALL
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Bad day at the office. I blame the World Cup.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum