champions league draw...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: champions league draw...

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 am

We've got a big and good enough squad to cope.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:42 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I fear the impact our pursuit of the Champions League will have on our chances of winning the league this year. We might end up with nish because of it.

i don't fear it. Our owners and Cheeky and Soriano clearly don't fear it either. The Count doesn't fear anything. We are going to operate like clockwork. We do our best in every competition. We want to win everything. Culturally, for me, that's as important a statement as any we can make, and i think it reflects well on the history of the club, and the fan's mentality. It's a humility that other clubs can't even bother with. We can take their cynicism, and their mafioso bollox and one up them with humble attitudes and trophies.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:14 am

A hard draw but i'm used to it now.

A quick question for all on here,

How can I get 2x tickets to City vs Roma? I'm not a member of any schemes or hold any season cards, is it still possible?

My brother is a huge Roma and Francesco Totti fan and I'd like to take him to see them before he retires. Never fancied going to Italy (I don't want to be stabbed) so this is a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. City and Roma, lovely stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 am

I still can't believe our luck in this draws 3 in 4 times strongest group!
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

Cit.revenge wrote:I still can't believe our luck in this draws 3 in 4 times strongest group!

There is no luck involved
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:49 am

Blue Blood wrote:A hard draw but i'm used to it now.

A quick question for all on here,

How can I get 2x tickets to City vs Roma? I'm not a member of any schemes or hold any season cards, is it still possible?

My brother is a huge Roma and Francesco Totti fan and I'd like to take him to see them before he retires. Never fancied going to Italy (I don't want to be stabbed) so this is a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. City and Roma, lovely stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm a season card holder so I don't do it myself, but it's certainly possible. Loads of obvious 'non regulars' attend Champions League games. I think they have some kind of scam now where people are supposed to buy a membership card costing about 50 notes, which gives them the 'right' to buy tickets for games before they go on sale to the general public, but I would imagine tickets will also go on 'open' sale for that game.

Get in touch with the club & ask how it works.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dikdok » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I still can't believe our luck in this draws 3 in 4 times strongest group!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not.....
dikdok
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City FC

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

It's less institutionally corrupt than a North Korean election. Barely.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:26 pm

If we want to win stuff we are going to have to get through hard periods like September.

It's actually a good time to have a tough run; assuming no more injuries in the next two weeks we have a full squad to chose from bar the Beast.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tesl » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
PrezIke wrote:3 out 4 years where we have a very tough group. like clockwork.

we're fucked until we get out of Pot 2.

When was the last time a team outside of Pot 1 won the CL?

this shit is rigged as fuck and so fake it's unbelievable. If i were English i'd rather win the FA Cup all day long than ever participate in this bent ass competition. Just sayin.

cheers

This is me exactly! I hate this competition!

I just hope we don't waste too much energy on it if it costs us in the league. We are good enough to get out of the group and we should do, although the protectionist seeding system makes it 10x harder to do well in this competition than it should be.

I'm pleased with our league cup draw at least, I'd rather we concentrate on the domestic treble =)
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:15 pm

while i appreciate the whole pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and get on with it mentality, I'm sorry, but this CL fix winds me up to no fucking end. if, god forbid, we fail to get out of the group, all of the smug, hypocritical cunts in the media/match commentators/wenger and rodgers/fans of other clubs/etc. will use it as a club to bash us for the rest of the season. pellegrini will be labeled a failure and suddenly be "under pressure". and the obvious irony is that if dippers, Chelsea or arse had had our draw, they would get absolutely fucking mullered.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby patrickblue » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

This on the X11 forum from an Arsenal fan.

"Also its funny how City get shafted every season. Like they definitely get the 'group of death' every time. Most of the other big countries lower seeds get an easy chance to build rep. Liverpool for example, Basel and Ludogorets. Basel have been good but lost their best players and manager in the last season. Monaco got a fairly decent group for them and Athletic too. You could say City get shafted because the elite are thinking of the money, but Chelsea, PSG and again Monaco ain't getting this treatment."

The predictable response from Liverpuddle fan

"I don't quite get this, but I'm still on my first coffee.

Are you saying that City are being shafted because the draw is preordained and they pretend to draw them out randomly?

'The elite' must be some shady underworld organisation... ...FIFA?"

And the Arsenal guys answer.

"It surely wouldn't be beyond either FIFA or UEFA.

But look at the groups.

Barcelona and Ajax, Chelsea and Schalke, City have the same group as last year just with Roma chucked in for good measure. Us and Dortmund. There may be more. All these grouped together last season. They do a pre draw draw every time and the pre draw is usually almost the same. So much so sometimes the Press give the predraw results as an indicator to how groups are going to be drawn. Clubs like Man City are frowned upon because its a smaller club coming up. While Paris, Monaco and even Chelsea enhanced their status with cash, they were already fairly established in europe and fairly big. Man City I think are getting punished for their emergence from the small time"

That's how blatantly obvious it is.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:06 pm

At last other fans are seeing it
carolina-blue

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Some talk that UEFA are seriously considering putting League Champions in Pot1 from next year. Can't see Real Barca Chelsea or the Arse being thrilled but it makes sense.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:32 pm

"Gareth, how do you feel about going up against Glen Johnson?"
Watch on youtube.com
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm

If the Scum Arsenal and United are in the top 4 this year they'd all be in pot 1 despite the rags absence this year. Our percentage chance of drawing Bayern Real or Barca would therefore be even higher next year as things stand. Defending champions from 7 leagues plus winners would offer us a much better chance of an easier draw even if we don't win the league.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 pm

blues2win wrote:Some talk that UEFA are seriously considering putting League Champions in Pot1 from next year. Can't see Real Barca Chelsea or the Arse being thrilled but it makes sense.

so next year when we might finally scrape into pot 1 on coeff points, they're going to change the rules again? surely just a coincidence.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm

blues2win wrote:If the Scum Arsenal and United are in the top 4 this year they'd all be in pot 1 despite the rags absence this year. Our percentage chance of drawing Bayern Real or Barca would therefore be even higher next year as things stand. Defending champions from 7 leagues plus winners would offer us a much better chance of an easier draw even if we don't win the league.

But that isn't what seeding is about. Everybody knows it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I fear the impact our pursuit of the Champions League will have on our chances of winning the league this year. We might end up with nish because of it.

i don't fear it. Our owners and Cheeky and Soriano clearly don't fear it either. The Count doesn't fear anything. We are going to operate like clockwork. We do our best in every competition. We want to win everything. Culturally, for me, that's as important a statement as any we can make, and i think it reflects well on the history of the club, and the fan's mentality. It's a humility that other clubs can't even bother with. We can take their cynicism, and their mafioso bollox and one up them with humble attitudes and trophies.

cheers

Intellectually I wouldn't disagree, but emotionally I still expect us to fuck up things.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm

It looks like we are in pot 1 next season. The powers that be are chucking all domestic champs into pot one next time, plus the reigning champs. I'm assuming we will win the league yet again this season
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum