Anyone Else Been Getting Endless .........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Anyone Else Been Getting Endless .........

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:10 am

zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:actually had my rag friend tell me that the sheik is going to get bored and move on to a new toy, so enjoy the momentary on the field superiority while it lasts.

You should tell your rag friend that the Glazers and their cohorts in the loan sharking business ,where they raised their debt laden funds for the buyout are creaming hundreds of millions off the gravy train over at the swamp. All that money is going out of Britain and more importantly out if Football .If the rags didn't have to pay upwards of 80 mill in loan financing each year. They would have been able to pay Real the 95 mill for Tia Maria and have change to pay the 60 Mill that Roma want for Totti.

£280M from the last article I read, probably broke 300 by now, they are leeching money out of the game at an alarming rate, but at least it's from the fans who can barely afford it and not from a sugar daddy, right?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 am

Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:actually had my rag friend tell me that the sheik is going to get bored and move on to a new toy, so enjoy the momentary on the field superiority while it lasts.

You should tell your rag friend that the Glazers and their cohorts in the loan sharking business ,where they raised their debt laden funds for the buyout are creaming hundreds of millions off the gravy train over at the swamp. All that money is going out of Britain and more importantly out if Football .If the rags didn't have to pay upwards of 80 mill in loan financing each year. They would have been able to pay Real the 95 mill for Tia Maria and have change to pay the 60 Mill that Roma want for Totti.

£280M from the last article I read, probably broke 300 by now, they are leeching money out of the game at an alarming rate, but at least it's from the fans who can barely afford it and not from a sugar daddy, right?

Yep the same fans that are stupid enough to buy their weird coffees and sugar loaded gunk from
Starbucks whilst using the free wifi to access the internet on their Apple phones. Two more of many that syphen off through charging outrageous 'fees' , to effectly manage to pay no taxes on billion pound industries .... All flowing ... Well not to the states in this case ! but certainly out of the UK.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 am

zuricity wrote:
Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Yep the same fans that are stupid enough to buy their weird coffees and sugar loaded gunk from
Starbucks whilst using the free wifi to access the internet on their Apple phones. Two more of many that syphen off through charging outrageous 'fees' , to effectly manage to pay no taxes on billion pound industries .... All flowing ... Well not to the states in this case ! but certainly out of the UK.

I could tell you, but you'd laugh so much you may pee yourself.

Well okay then....

They are a registered company in the Cayman Islands.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:48 am

nottsblue wrote:Pretty sure was a PLC. Could be wrong but am 99% sure. Rags were certainly the ones to make a shed load of money though

Becoming a PLC was largely to circumvent the FA rules on restricting dividend payments to shareholders. Interestingly it also allows a profit to be made, asset stripping and shutting a club down.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:15 am

The Amazing Mystico and Janet work in strange ways.

As long as someone believes the assets over at the swamp are worth 1.5 billion then it must be true right ?

Ah i forgot it is a buyers market and no billionaire will take on not only the debt but the kind of debt they have ( finance houses in NY) .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Wonder if the rag fuckwits are watching the Champions League draw ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:27 pm

The rags became a PLC before they got into bed with Sky? I thought it had been the other way round. This makes the Sky take-over even more sinister. I wonder if any guarantees were made to the rags before it happened? Mmm.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The rags became a PLC before they got into bed with Sky? I thought it had been the other way round. This makes the Sky take-over even more sinister. I wonder if any guarantees were made to the rags before it happened? Mmm.

They suddenly went berserk signing players round about that period if you remember ?

Ron Atkinson replaced Dave Sexton as manager in 1981. He in turn was dismissed in 1986 and replaced by Alex Ferguson, a successful Scottish manager. Initially, his hands were tied in acquiring expensive players, although in the summer of 1989 Ferguson got approval to spend £8 million on transfer fees. (Martin Edwards had found a buyer for the club in August, Michael Knighton, who was, however, unable to raise the £10 million to complete the purchase.) Despite the spending, the club fared poorly in 1989-90, and Ferguson's job seemed in jeopardy until the next year, when his expensive team started winning.

n the 1990s, Alex Ferguson's teams managed to recapture some of the glory of the Busby days. Manchester United won the championship of the new Premier League in 1993. (This league was formed by top clubs to give them a larger share of TV revenues.) At the same time, football popularity was at an all-time high worldwide.

When Martin Edwards could not sell the club, he recruited executives who made it the most profitable team in the U.K. It began trading on the London Stock Exchange in 1991. In 1992-93, Manchester United Football Club plc had an operating profit of £7.3 million on a turnover of £25.2 million, thanks largely to merchandising and brand extensions such as Champs Cola, which were worth £5.3 million, up from just £828,000 five years earlier. Besides soda, the club was soon branding lager, wine, even champagne. Selling the brand seemed to observers a more stable source of income than relying on winning games week after week. The club opened a Megastore at Old Trafford in 1994 and spent heavily (£13 million) to upgrade Old Trafford. In July 1993 the club paid a record £3.75 million transfer fee for midfielder Roy Keane.

AND just at the same time as Utd were spending all that money: The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from the Football League, which was originally founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal.

AND: The UEFA Champions League, known simply as the Champions League, is an annual continental club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). Introduced in 1992, it replaced the European Champion Clubs' Cup, or simply European Cup, which had run since 1955.

Why it's almost as if Utd had been involved in negotiations for both & KNEW that if they spent shitloads on players & got themselves into the top places, the money would then roll in & they & their chums would be able to keep pushing up transfer fees & wages leave the rest behind.

Strangely enough, they are doing exactly the same thing now with the help of FFP. What an amazing coincidence.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks for that, Ted. I was aware of this stuff but not the exact timing of it. One interesting point. Of the 5 main clubs pushing for the founding of the Premier League (the same clubs at the forefront of the drive to allow home teams to keep the whole of their home gates) all 5 ended up in the top 7 last season, the exceptions being us and Chelsea. Almost a fait accompli.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Thanks for that, Ted. I was aware of this stuff but not the exact timing of it. One interesting point. Of the 5 main clubs pushing for the founding of the Premier League (the same clubs at the forefront of the drive to allow home teams to keep the whole of their home gates) all 5 ended up in the top 7 last season, the exceptions being us and Chelsea. Almost a fait accompli.

When you consider that if it wasn't for Jack Walker, Abramovic & Sheikh Mansour, there would only have been two teams, Utd & Arsenal, wining the Premier League since 1992, it shows how absolutely ridiculous is the notion of us 'ruining football'. If not for our battles with Arse & the rags, I very much doubt Liverpool would be competing now. Rags, Arse & Chelsea would have snaffled up the players City now have & flown away. We have pegged them back. That's why Wenger hates us; he thinks he would have won more titles etc, but he wouldn't, Utd would.

Now we see Arsenal, who haven't finished in the top 2 for ten years, again seeded higher than the champions in the champions league. What a fucking carve up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Thanks for that, Ted. I was aware of this stuff but not the exact timing of it. One interesting point. Of the 5 main clubs pushing for the founding of the Premier League (the same clubs at the forefront of the drive to allow home teams to keep the whole of their home gates) all 5 ended up in the top 7 last season, the exceptions being us and Chelsea. Almost a fait accompli.

When you consider that if it wasn't for Jack Walker, Abramovic & Sheikh Mansour, there would only have been two teams, Utd & Arsenal, wining the Premier League since 1992, it shows how absolutely ridiculous is the notion of us 'ruining football'. If not for our battles with Arse & the rags, I very much doubt Liverpool would be competing now. Rags, Arse & Chelsea would have snaffled up the players City now have & flown away. We have pegged them back. That's why Wenger hates us; he thinks he would have won more titles etc, but he wouldn't, Utd would.

Now we see Arsenal, who haven't finished in the top 2 for ten years, again seeded higher than the champions in the champions league. What a fucking carve up.

The funny thing is, fans of other clubs don't really notice it. But when you tread on the toes of these clubs it becomes patently obvious.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Quiet again today apart from one cunt calling me a "Blue Goon" ? now that's a new one !

Come on Burnley any sort of result will be fucking truely catastrophic for the rag fuckwits .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Full throttle again from the deluded cunts today . It's ok for them to spend over £150 million blah fucking blah ......... I am Deffo going to twat one of them before the week is out !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm

City64 wrote:Full throttle again from the deluded cunts today . It's ok for them to spend over £150 million blah fucking blah ......... I am Deffo going to twat one of them before the week is out !

To quote the maxim of Admiral Sir 'Jackie' Fisher :- "Hit first, hit hard and keep hitting".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Full throttle again from the deluded cunts today . It's ok for them to spend over £150 million blah fucking blah ......... I am Deffo going to twat one of them before the week is out !

To quote the maxim of Admiral Sir 'Jackie' Fisher :- "Hit first, hit hard and keep hitting".

I hope he didn't babysit in the evenings.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 pm

I've been giving endless abuse rather than getting it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm

I just ignore the cunt's and laugh at their cretinous belief that they own the world of football.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum