MotM vs The Victims

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MotM vs Liverpool

Hart
No votes
Zabaleta
2%
Kompany
1%
Demichelis
No votes
Clichy
5%
Fernando
6%
Yaya
No votes
Nasri
1%
Silva
No votes
Dzeko
No votes
Jovetic
85%
Navas
No votes
Aguero
No votes
Fernandinho
No votes

Total votes : 97

Re: MotM vs The Victims

Postby Avalon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:03 am

There could have been only one - Jovetic.

Fernando and Fernandinho looked good, as did Nasri and Clichy, as well as Dzeko.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby frankswift » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I'll whisper this quietly, but so far this season he is creating more chances, with smarter touches, than Silva.

You take that back, you take that back this instant!

Well, you did ask, Slim. :)

Great performance all round, I think. Early doors and all that, but it looks like a team of champions to me.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby littlebig » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

No doubt about this one - Jovetic all day long. Delighted for the lad, he's backed up MP's statements of faith in him in just two games already. I have a really good feeling about Jovetic kicking on til the end of the season. New signing
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby clippo22 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 am

Excellent performance from Jojo, good games all round especially from Clichy and Fernando. What did people make of Hart tonight? Scares the shot out of me when he punches everything but to be fair he did get a hand on everything and made a couple if great saves. If Zaba hadn't of put that one through his own net then we would be racing about that save.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 am

clippo22 wrote:Excellent performance from Jojo, good games all round especially from Clichy and Fernando. What did people make of Hart tonight? Scares the shot out of me when he punches everything but to be fair he did get a hand on everything and made a couple if great saves. If Zaba hadn't of put that one through his own net then we would be racing about that save.

I thought Joe had a good game and was looking positive in all he did. Shame about the goal and you are right the initial save was a good one. The only thing for me was his distribution.Not that he was kicking it out or giving the ball away but he always seems urgently trying to release the ball but hardly ever does. He races to the edge of the area but seemingly doesn't see the good opportunities in front of him.Either that or he doubts his ability to throw accurately or doesn't trust the player not to lose it.

MotM seems an easy decision with Jovetic's two goals and all round game but I went for Fernando. When we were under the cosh a little in that first period I thought he was magnificent. Reads the game so well and fills holes better than anyone we have had before and we have had some good players in that same role.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:26 am

Honestly thought Hart was very good last night. The double 'save' he made for their goal was bloody brilliant. Just unfortunate that it'd already crossed the line... overall though he was dominant, strong and a couple of his reflex saves, the sturridge one from the right hand side in particular, were excellent.

It's almost like they knew what they were doing when they signed Cabellero to pressure him into better performances :)
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought Joe had a good game and was looking positive in all he did. Shame about the goal and you are right the initial save was a good one. The only thing for me was his distribution.Not that he was kicking it out or giving the ball away but he always seems urgently trying to release the ball but hardly ever does. He races to the edge of the area but seemingly doesn't see the good opportunities in front of him.Either that or he doubts his ability to throw accurately or doesn't trust the player not to lose it.

I agree and would like to add that he was very assertive in his punching and even caught the odd cross.
Re releasing the ball; I think it is a good step & don't mind that he is playing it safe for now. I'd imagine that it is quite the change for him & something that he has to still get the gist of.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 am

I thought Joe was great.

Did he kick the ball out at all from his hands ?

It certainly seemed to be a rare thing. Which makes you wonder why he kicked it so often last season. Not been told or not doing what he'd been told ?

Caballero signs: Hart does what he's told ?

Perhaps it's just taken time: "Don't kick the ball out" "Doh!" "Don't kick the ball out" "Doh!" "Don't kick the ball out" "Doh!" "Ok if you ever want to see your sister again, don't kick the ball out.."
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I thought Joe was great.

Did he kick the ball out at all from his hands ?

It certainly seemed to be a rare thing. Which makes you wonder why he kicked it so often last season. Not been told or not doing what he'd been told ?

Caballero signs: Hart does what he's told ?

Perhaps it's just taken time: "Don't kick the ball out" "Doh!" "Don't kick the ball out" "Doh!" "Don't kick the ball out" "Doh!" "Ok if you ever want to see your sister again, don't kick the ball out.."

and i think i said it in the match thread....the buildup for Kun's goal started with a simple throw out from Joe....he'll get this if he wants to be the best he can be.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm

I forgot to mention Hart in my 'honourable mentions' bit - he was very good last night and played his part in our win.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 pm

if we had to spend 4m on willy to have hart concentrating like that all the time, it'll be money well spent
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:01 pm

twosips wrote:Honestly thought Hart was very good last night. The double 'save' he made for their goal was bloody brilliant. Just unfortunate that it'd already crossed the line... overall though he was dominant, strong and a couple of his reflex saves, the sturridge one from the right hand side in particular, were excellent.

It's almost like they knew what they were doing when they signed Cabellero to pressure him into better performances :)

If this had been De Gea at the Swamp, it probably wouldn't have been given, or even seen....

Memories of a few years ago never seem to fade.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby bayblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Agree with all re JoJo and Hart.
Also a big honourable mention from me for Nasri. Kept probing, kept seeking the ball and involved in the first two critical goals. He also put a hell of a shift in tracking back.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum