***city v liverpool official match day thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match day thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:30 pm

For forty minutes Liverpool controlled the game and dominated the game....apparently.

They must fart rainbows and jelly babies these deluded cunts. This win was more satisfying than when we beat the Munichs last year.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby beehive's dodgy pint » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Greedy I know but I think we could have smashed another couple past the Dippers in the last 10. Navas was in acres on the right screaming for the ball a few times and Yaya and Nasri wanted to play short one two's with each other in the centre of the park. Really wanted to rub their rancid snozzers right in it and come away with a 4 or 5 goal margin. Should we have tried to hurt them more in the last 10?
beehive's dodgy pint
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:For forty minutes Liverpool controlled the game and dominated the game....apparently.

They must fart rainbows and jelly babies these deluded cunts. This win was more satisfying than when we beat the Munichs last year.

have city v liverpool games become the 'real' north west derby????
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Marvellous stuff .... only just got back, hence no bollox today .... not that its needed really
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm

In a few hours we will be coming up to the 24th hour memorial of their loss to us, have they laid a wreath yet?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Dameerto wrote:In a few hours we will be coming up to the 24th hour memorial of their loss to us, have they laid a wreath yet?

It must still be Bank Holiday on Merseyside so all the flower shops will still be closed and there's nowhere for them to steal a wreath from (unless they go to a local cemetery).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:For forty minutes Liverpool controlled the game and dominated the game....apparently.

have city v liverpool games become the 'real' north west derby????

Id say its more satisfying these days due to the shite that Brenda keeps spouting.......Im sure the Munchens will bounce back and start gobbing off , but until then , smashing the bindippers feels better.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:17 pm

I suppose it could be argued that Brendan Bodger IS a tactical genius.

If he wasn't, Cesspool would have lost by more goals last night......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:53 pm

mr_nool wrote:Said by two Liverpool fans (taken from another forum):

Off Topic
City are gonna storm it this season, they are settled, strong and have only signed one or two decent players.

I think they are going to dominate for the next 5 years imho.

Off Topic
Playing against City right now is like playing against someone on a video game who knows all the easy way to score goals. I didn't think they looked that impressive a side, but then they did make scoring look easy. They'd do nothing, let us do all the work and then suddenly out of nothing score. They done exactly the same thing to Newcastle last week.

Can't really disagree with that. I think the fact that we have the same core with just a couple of really classy additions to strengthen the squad is really going to work to our advantage this season. Plus the Count has also had one whole season to learn the ins and outs of the Premier League.

The second quote is quite accurate two. We just rode storm and controlled the game, patient in the knowledge that we have players with such individual class that we can break down pretty much any defense sooner or later.

You've been on the Xpert forum again (which is more or less a dipper forum ATM)
I very nearly answered the second poster, it was exactly as I saw it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:53 pm

After all last season's carping about the money we have spent, strangely Brenda was pontificating about how money doesn't guarantee success last night. I wonder why the change in his opinion. Snigger.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:40 am

Liverpool too honest and too fair, says Joe Allen after City mauling

Joe Allen believes Liverpool need to be more cynical after describing Brendan Rodgers’ team as “too honest and too fair” in their defeat at Manchester City.

While the Liverpool manager blamed Monday’s 3-1 reverse on defensive lapses, and his side lacked City’s clinical touch in front of goal, Allen thought the champions cut through the visiting ranks too easily at the Etihad Stadium. By contrast, City largely restricted Liverpool’s threat during their ultimately comfortable win and were not averse to halting counterattacks with a foul. The Wales international believes that side of Liverpool’s game needs to develop this season.

“We can be too honest and too fair at times,” the midfielder said. “It can be seen as a good thing but at this level you need to be clever at times. At times we can maybe stop things at source and save ourselves a lot of trouble.”
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:52 am

Coutinho and Sterling were far from honest, hitting the deck as soon as anyone so much as breathed on them.

I think Liverpool's problem was fairly obvious, they lacked bite up front.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Liverpool too honest and too fair, says Joe Allen after City mauling

Joe Allen believes Liverpool need to be more cynical after describing Brendan Rodgers’ team as “too honest and too fair” in their defeat at Manchester City.

While the Liverpool manager blamed Monday’s 3-1 reverse on defensive lapses, and his side lacked City’s clinical touch in front of goal, Allen thought the champions cut through the visiting ranks too easily at the Etihad Stadium. By contrast, City largely restricted Liverpool’s threat during their ultimately comfortable win and were not averse to halting counterattacks with a foul. The Wales international believes that side of Liverpool’s game needs to develop this season.

“We can be too honest and too fair at times,” the midfielder said. “It can be seen as a good thing but at this level you need to be clever at times. At times we can maybe stop things at source and save ourselves a lot of trouble.”

"We should dive more" said Joe Allen, "Now Nibbles has left we all need to step up to the plate and promptly fall over it."
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Coutinho and Sterling were far from honest, hitting the deck as soon as anyone so much as breathed on them.

All speed, no skill.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bayblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Just watched it on telly after enjoying it hugely at stadium on Monday.
Ruthless is the word that keeps coming to mind. I think we have a bunch of players who know what it's like to win (must have at least ten who have won league twice; how many are there in all the other teams put together? A handful in total?). We also have a manager who preaches patience and keeping playing our way. We saw the benefits of that on Monday.

Having said that I thought Liverpool did have control of the game for about the tenth to the fortieth minute, a direct result of outnumbering us in midfield. Better, or luckier, teams will punish us - think Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca last year. I guess the Chelsea game next month will be the next indicator as to whether Pellers will adopt a strengthened centre mid approach, or continue to trust that our firepower will mean we can out score most teams on our day
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 pm

bayblue wrote:Just watched it on telly after enjoying it hugely at stadium on Monday.
Ruthless is the word that keeps coming to mind. I think we have a bunch of players who know what it's like to win (must have at least ten who have won league twice; how many are there in all the other teams put together? A handful in total?). We also have a manager who preaches patience and keeping playing our way. We saw the benefits of that on Monday.

Having said that I thought Liverpool did have control of the game for about the tenth to the fortieth minute, a direct result of outnumbering us in midfield. Better, or luckier, teams will punish us - think Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca last year. I guess the Chelsea game next month will be the next indicator as to whether Pellers will adopt a strengthened centre mid approach, or continue to trust that our firepower will mean we can out score most teams on our day

I must admit I've got mixed feelings about how we should approach 'big' games.

I'd quite like to see us play 4-2-3-1 with Fernando and Fernandhino as the 'two' and this is what my head regards as the sage option.

On the other hand, my heart says we should just play to our strengths, continue as we are and aim to out-score the opposition in every game.

At the end of the day, I suppose you've always got to follow your heart, as it tends to do whatever it wants.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
bayblue wrote:Just watched it on telly after enjoying it hugely at stadium on Monday.

I must admit I've got mixed feelings about how we should approach 'big' games.

I'd quite like to see us play 4-2-3-1 with Fernando and Fernandhino as the 'two' and this is what my head regards as the sage option.

On the other hand, my heart says we should just play to our strengths, continue as we are and aim to out-score the opposition in every game.

At the end of the day, I suppose you've always got to follow your heart, as it tends to do whatever it wants.

I'm assuming this would mean pushing Yaya further up? If so, I can see a couple of problems with that. 1. Yaya isn't great for pressing so if the opposition have a deep lying playmaker then he will likely have all the time and space he needs to inflict damage.

And 2. Yaya would get in Merlin's way, this is the area of the pitch that Merlin likes to operate coming in off the flank.

If we were going to play all three centre mids and we're probably going to have to against top opposition away from home them I'd be more inclined to have Fernandinho as the furthest forward of the three. Let Yaya stay deep and dictate play with a licence to get forward.

I know some will say that Yaya's great in that advanced role, he is but late in games when play gets stretched and space opens up for him to go on them barnstorming runs.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Well I laughed.

You're wasted on here, mate.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Well I laughed.

You're wasted on here, mate.

I didn't spot that one.

Fair play.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadblue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm

What did everyone think of the LED boards on tier two?. Drove me mental especially the pink advert.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum