MOTD Bazzer returns

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MOTD Bazzer returns

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:21 am

Fantastic to have Barry Davies back on screen. A true master of commentating, not only at football. Only wish he could replace Tyldesley or Tyler. Also nice to have the retro graphics on screen
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: MOTD Bazzer returns

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:42 am

An absolute pleasure listening to him last night , absolute quality . Makes Tyler and co look third rate .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mike J » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:02 pm

It was great to hear him again. My fave commentator
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm glad to see the overwhelming positive response to Davis's return to our screens. Hopefully one of the commercial broadcasters will see sense and offer him at least a part time gig.

I only found out why he he was dropped MOTD this weekend. He refused to 'cheerlead' during England games and saw his job to commentate on the game and not add his own 'personality' over the games so was bumped down to the lesser games until he walked out.

Hard to believe the people who make these decisions think we the public want more Clive Tyldeselys of the world over Barry Davies.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Waz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:36 am

It was a master class from Barry Davies on Saturday night, and the retro graphics were also ace, just added to a classic MOTD feel.

His most famous line of commentary (for me) wasn't in football: it was the 1988 Olympic Hockey final, GBR against West Germany. GBR scored their third goal and Barry said "Where were the Germans? But quite frankly, who cares?". Some people actually wrote in to the BBC to complain about him being biased but it was what most of the public at home were thinking early on a Saturday morning.

Be good to have him doing more games again, definitely tells it like it is, and on the MOTD50 special on Friday it was good to see him on talking about the "Interesting.. very interesting! Look at his face! Just look at his face!" moment.
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Waz wrote:It was a master class from Barry Davies on Saturday night, and the retro graphics were also ace, just added to a classic MOTD feel.

His most famous line of commentary (for me) wasn't in football: it was the 1988 Olympic Hockey final, GBR against West Germany. GBR scored their third goal and Barry said "Where were the Germans? But quite frankly, who cares?". Some people actually wrote in to the BBC to complain about him being biased but it was what most of the public at home were thinking early on a Saturday morning.

Be good to have him doing more games again, definitely tells it like it is, and on the MOTD50 special on Friday it was good to see him on talking about the "Interesting.. very interesting! Look at his face! Just look at his face!" moment.

The line of "where were the Germans but quite frankly who cares" is one of my favourite commentary lines. THE best commentator.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Two's Kompany » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:34 am

When Barry Davies came on for the Palace game on Saturday I sat there grinning from ear to ear, telling my teenage son about this guy being a proper commentator.
The fact he didn't 'dis' him at all told you he knew that Bazza was on a different level!
If only to have David Coleman and Barry Davies around now!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Return to The Maine Football forum