Di Maria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Di Maria

Postby Chopper » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:08 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:maria is good but not worth the price not even half of it.

they are overloaded with shitty wingers, let them add another winger to the mix. won't save them, just like mata hasn't saved them.

correct. Totally unbalanced squad. Its like a club out of contention for years just flailing wildly looking for the spark, not a team that was champions less than two years ago. I'm actually surprised they are buying so badly and without any sense at all.

It was obvious in Red Nose's penultimate season, even to the rags at work, that they needed a dominate centre back to replace Wio/Vidic and a proper dominant paring in midfield, yet they have spent three years buying players for positions in which they had better cover. Odd.

Maybe we have many more agents than Moyes. Van Ghoul and the man with 3 planks of wood on his head spring to mind.

Maybe the ghoulster cant get into moysies ipads

Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:44 pm

blues2win wrote:And the add ons which the scum will end up paying.

As the add-ons will be for Champions League qualification and winning the league, there won't be any add-ons.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ashton287 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 pm

They remind me of spurs.

Buying plenty of players but just not improving at all and endlessly strengthening the wrong areas.

It's boring but I'm glad we have done the type of business we have recently. Strengthening the midfield and searching for a good partner for Kompany. I always want to see the marquee signings but the way we have done it is sustainable and will keep us at the top for a good while. Up the spafia.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:13 pm

ashton287 wrote:They remind me of spurs.

Buying plenty of players but just not improving at all and endlessly strengthening the wrong areas.

It's boring but I'm glad we have done the type of business we have recently. Strengthening the midfield and searching for a good partner for Kompany. I always want to see the marquee signings but the way we have done it is sustainable and will keep us at the top for a good while. Up the spafia.

You might need to change your favourite player if the media are to be believed.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby phips » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:40 pm

as every pundit on tv said today, the move makes no sense. granted, he's a good player who can play out wide or, as he proved last season, more centrally. but those aren't positions that United need to strengthen in their given system. Di Maria in CM with Herrera only? not tough enough. Di Maria as a wing back? no way.

so, good move for United! especially at that absurd price.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Unless he can play centre half, I'm not sure he's what they need. But when these players come through your academy, you can't be choosy about what position they play.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:07 am

What's this centre half talk? Don't they have the future England captains Jones & Smalling, as well as the best defender of the 2012/13 Premier League season in Jonny Evans?
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:10 am

Its a joke amount of money - a fucking joke i tell you
Loving that everything they got to be sanctimonious and pompous about is being eroded
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 am

phips wrote:as every pundit on tv said today, the move makes no sense. granted, he's a good player who can play out wide or, as he proved last season, more centrally. but those aren't positions that United need to strengthen in their given system. Di Maria in CM with Herrera only? not tough enough. Di Maria as a wing back? no way.

so, good move for United! especially at that absurd price.

It's like that line from one of the songs in The Sound of Music....... "how do you solve a problem like Maria ?"
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 am

Wooders wrote:Its a joke amount of money - a fucking joke i tell you
Loving that everything they got to be sanctimonious and pompous about is being eroded

They've never had a leg to stand on in this regard. Just made-up bullshit and distortions. The most expensive team in history rocked up to Maine Road to get a 5-1 kicking in 1989 (and their fans kicked off in the stadium after less than 5 minutes, nice people). They were fuck all for a long time till Sky turned up and weighted (heavily) football finances in their favour. They then 'sold their soul' to the stock market (on the back of which Sky tried to buy them - which tells its own story) and further bought their way to success. £30 million for a defender that looks like a camel and has the brain of an inanimate object 13 or 14 years ago tells you how much they then cared about 'value in the market'. Unfortunately for them, when you sell your soul to the stock market there is always the chance (if your manager pisses-off the right (or wrong) people) they'll sell your club to a family of parasites that'll bleed your club dry (Gold bless 'em). They are now spending money like a sailor in a whorehouse and this money will take the form (eventually) of debt loaded against the club (also known as doing things the right way). Fuck 'em.
Last edited by Peter Doherty (AGAIG) on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wooders wrote:Its a joke amount of money - a fucking joke i tell you

They've never had a leg to stand on in this regard. Just made-up bullshit and distortions. The most expensive team in history rocked up to Maine Road to get a 5-1 kicking in 1989 (and their fans kicked off in the stadium after less than 5 minutes, nice people). They were fuck all for a long time till Sky turned up and weighted (heavily) football finances in their favour. They then 'soled their soul' to the stock market (on the back of which Sky tried to buy them - which tells its own story) and further bought their way to success. £30 million for a defender that looks like a camel and has the brain of an inanimate object 13 or 14 years ago tells you how much they then cared about 'value in the market'. Unfortunately for them, when you sell your soul to the stock market there is always the chance (if your manager pisses-off the right (or wrong) people) they'll sell your club to a family of parasites that'll bleed your club dry (Gold bless 'em). They are now spending money like a sailor in a whorehouse and this money will take the form (eventually) of debt loaded against the club (also known as doing things the right way). Fuck 'em.

Amen to that; absolutely spot on.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby michaelcityfan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:38 pm

According to the media round up on the OS This is from the times.

They think the Beast is on his way out, though they argue the idea would be to raise funds for the capture of Angel Di Maria. They think States Duncan Castles: "According to a well-placed source, City have asked Di Maria to delay a decision on where he will go as they attempt to solve the Financial Fair Play implications of such an expensive deal. They are seeking to raise about £50m from player sales, with Alvaro Negredo most prominent among the potential departures.

That would seriously piss the rags off make them look bad being snubbed IF its true and Di-Maria wants to come too to hook up with Kun, Pab and MDM. Probably bollox but you never know.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 pm

michaelcityfan wrote:According to the media round up on the OS This is from the times.

They think the Beast is on his way out, though they argue the idea would be to raise funds for the capture of Angel Di Maria. They think States Duncan Castles: "According to a well-placed source, City have asked Di Maria to delay a decision on where he will go as they attempt to solve the Financial Fair Play implications of such an expensive deal. They are seeking to raise about £50m from player sales, with Alvaro Negredo most prominent among the potential departures.

That would seriously piss the rags off make them look bad being snubbed IF its true and Di-Maria wants to come too to hook up with Kun, Pab and MDM. Probably bollox but you never know.

Yeah..unlikely.
But...why dont City reprise the Berbatov affair, kidnap Di Maria and keep him until the selling club cave in?...but then decide at 1 minute to deadline that they dont actually want him
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

It's not unlikely it's fucling impossible - who would sell or buy an injured player? Why do they continue to make this shit up? Negredo will be a City player until he recovers from injury at the very least.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Dameerto wrote:It's not unlikely it's fucling impossible - who would sell or buy an injured player?

I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Dameerto wrote:It's not unlikely it's fucling impossible - who would sell or buy an injured player? Why do they continue to make this shit up? Negredo will be a City player until he recovers from injury at the very least.

In this case, in simple terms, it is a broken toe, not much risk in him being 100% once recovered.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Dameerto wrote:It's not unlikely it's fucling impossible - who would sell or buy an injured player?

well played. Sparky, Sparky give us a wave.

Sadly, we're not dealing with the Tafia on either end of this transaction.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:49 pm

BBC five live talking about this transfer...they seem unanimous that its a great deal. It is when its not your fucking money.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:It's not unlikely it's fucling impossible - who would sell or buy an injured player? Why do they continue to make this shit up? Negredo will be a City player until he recovers from injury at the very least.

In this case, in simple terms, it is a broken toe, not much risk in him being 100% once recovered.

Good idea - let's buy someone a month or two before they've recovered (or what ever it actually is) just so he can sit on his arse recovering, then spend the next month getting some fitness, followed by a couple of weeks getting some match sharpness - alternatively, they could wait until January like sane people would do.
I can't see any way Negredo would leave in this window not unless someone somewhere has given Kinnear a job again.
Last edited by Dameerto on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum