Di Maria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Di Maria

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:33 pm

bigblue wrote:Good player but a nasty little cheat and diver. We have enough talent already

No doubt they'll be claiming he came through their academy, then.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's like the rules of FFP were made up and us punished just so that the big boys could have a free run at whichever player they wanted.

It's a business plan imo. Look at the timing of big spending by Arse, Utd & all. Even if ffp is kicked out, they have watered down competition for a period allowing them to gain an advantage. This kind of advantage would be worth millions if it was espionage etc but they get it for free from UEFA, plus all the details of our accounts etc for them to check what we're up to & figure out our next moves.

It's corporate corruption in action right in front of everyone's faces with some actually cheering it on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's like the rules of FFP were made up and us punished just so that the big boys could have a free run at whichever player they wanted.

I think that was exactly what was intended, and that's what's happened.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

It's a business plan imo. Look at the timing of big spending by Arse, Utd & all. Even if ffp is kicked out, they have watered down competition for a period allowing them to gain an advantage. This kind of advantage would be worth millions if it was espionage etc but they get it for free from UEFA, plus all the details of our accounts etc for them to check what we're up to & figure out our next moves.

It's corporate corruption in action right in front of everyone's faces with some actually cheering it on.

as i've said for years....unbelievable that it's been allowed to happen. I don't expect it to continue for much longer but the damage is done. i have no idea why we're being so complacent about it other than that perhaps we feel we've been let through the gate and why fuck with things when we're pretty much in the clear and in the club. Further, look at the corporate cheating they allow for Barca, and the absolutely corrupt funding that Madrid get, etc. It's not a level playing field, and i suppose the one bright spot is that clubs like City and Athleti can win the league.

Sickening stuff. Luckily, i don't remember a better era with y'know black boots and terraces, etc or i'd probably fuck this game off and watch rugby or something complex and sophisticated.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Of course, you are both right. At a time when all 4 of our league associates were wanting to curtail spending and still keep their noses in the CL trough, the implementation of the current version of FFP was only brought in for one reason and one reason alone. The fact that they then allowed somebody to take control of it who is still employed by one of our immediate rivals just took the whole FFP farce beyond belief.

OK, we'll play it your way, give us a fine, but to then limit spending in a ruse to ensure that the G14 can go out and hoover up the talent, at their prices, is quite incredible.

Only a few clubs can pay the 60 mil + for players and so the circle perpetuates for ever more. Big clubs pay the highest prices and get the best players. The limitations on our ability to compete may have just given the cartel the breathing space they needed and in the Rags case, opened the door to a way back into the competition.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Of course, you are both right. At a time when all 4 of our league associates were wanting to curtail spending and still keep their noses in the CL trough, the implementation of the current version of FFP was only brought in for one reason and one reason alone. The fact that they then allowed somebody to take control of it who is still employed by one of our immediate rivals just took the whole FFP farce beyond belief.

OK, we'll play it your way, give us a fine, but to then limit spending in a ruse to ensure that the G14 can go out and hoover up the talent, at their prices, is quite incredible.

Only a few clubs can pay the 60 mil + for players and so the circle perpetuates for ever more. Big clubs pay the highest prices and get the best players. The limitations on our ability to compete may have just given the cartel the breathing space they needed and in the Rags case, opened the door to a way back into the competition.

I still think they used the purchase of Babe to get some 'off the radar' funds into Portugal to buy off Gill's UEFA rival.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Notice there are stories in the media saying we have asked DiMaria to stall while we get the cash together.

Is this likely to have even a gain of truth or is this a deliberate effort to set us up for a 'snub' headline in the days to come ? And if that is the case, just how fucking keen are these characters to put one over on us ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Notice there are stories in the media saying we have asked DiMaria to stall while we get the cash together.

Is this likely to have even a gain of truth or is this a deliberate effort to set us up for a 'snub' headline in the days to come ? And if that is the case, just how fucking keen are these characters to put one over on us ?

IF it was true then it's probably come from Real or Tia Maria's agent just to bump the price up a little.

Be nice to think it'd come from our camp and we stretch it out 'til deadline day.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Notice there are stories in the media saying we have asked DiMaria to stall while we get the cash together.

IF it was true then it's probably come from Real or Tia Maria's agent just to bump the price up a little.

Be nice to think it'd come from our camp and we stretch it out 'til deadline day.

I'd hope we would have more sense than to actually pay it though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'd hope we would have more sense than to actually pay it though.

Not a fucking chance.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:56 pm

We'd never pay the money. It would ruin football.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:06 pm

blues2win wrote:We'd never pay the money. It would ruin football.

Can you imagine it, we'd be the death of football. The British media would crucify us and UEFA would be issuing a lifetime ban because we upset the cartel.

Be worth it though, just to see them cry.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby city72 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:12 pm

£63.9 million wow
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:41 pm

city72 wrote:£63.9 million wow

Wonder if the cost of him will be compared to the entire Burnley team when they play them...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:48 pm

No mention of the £50m in wages over the next five years either. A lot of wedge whichever way you look at it. Neville is also of the thinking Mata will be the one to make way. If true, what a waste of another £40m. A cheeky £20m bid in January just to wind them up?
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:06 pm

maria is good but not worth the price not even half of it.

they are overloaded with shitty wingers, let them add another winger to the mix. won't save them, just like mata hasn't saved them.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 pm

And the add ons which the scum will end up paying.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:maria is good but not worth the price not even half of it.

they are overloaded with shitty wingers, let them add another winger to the mix. won't save them, just like mata hasn't saved them.

correct. Totally unbalanced squad. Its like a club out of contention for years just flailing wildly looking for the spark, not a team that was champions less than two years ago. I'm actually surprised they are buying so badly and without any sense at all.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

correct. Totally unbalanced squad. Its like a club out of contention for years just flailing wildly looking for the spark, not a team that was champions less than two years ago. I'm actually surprised they are buying so badly and without any sense at all.

It was obvious in Red Nose's penultimate season, even to the rags at work, that they needed a dominate centre back to replace Wio/Vidic and a proper dominant paring in midfield, yet they have spent three years buying players for positions in which they had better cover. Odd.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

It was obvious in Red Nose's penultimate season, even to the rags at work, that they needed a dominate centre back to replace Wio/Vidic and a proper dominant paring in midfield, yet they have spent three years buying players for positions in which they had better cover. Odd.

Maybe we have many more agents than Moyes. Van Ghoul and the man with 3 planks of wood on his head spring to mind.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum