Pellegrini on Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pellegrini on Dzeko

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:25 am

Fascinating remarks about Edin by Pellegrini at yesterday's Press Conference.

' I think he is one of the players who has improved most in his attitude to the game.., He has to play 95 minutes every game, not always scoring but working for the team and making movements... Edin has convinced himself that he can't wait as a striker just to score one goal'

The evidence for that was there to see at Newcastle. Edin's lack of effort in some matches infuriated many fans. Hopefully he's got the message that that isn't on.

Quietly the Count is getting the best out of his squad which is great to see.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Pellegrini on Dzeko

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 am

He's certainly improved and is putting in more of a shift which is great to see.
However it is also important he doesn't go overboard with the 'effort'. His best work is done in the box and i'd rather see him staying up top, helping us keep our shape and giving us something to aim at when we have the ball, rather than him being on the halfway line because he's come back to try and win the ball.

Class player though.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He's certainly improved and is putting in more of a shift which is great to see.
However it is also important he doesn't go overboard with the 'effort'. His best work is done in the box and i'd rather see him staying up top, helping us keep our shape and giving us something to aim at when we have the ball, rather than him being on the halfway line because he's come back to try and win the ball.

Class player though.

Do you mean when Joe Hart has the ball ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He's certainly improved and is putting in more of a shift which is great to see.

Class player though.

Hart tends to aim at the crowd.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Class player though.

Nice rejoinder, but sadly appropriate.

Mind you, when he aims for the crowd he sometimes misses and the ball stays in play.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Whassat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:28 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Class player though.

Nice rejoinder, but sadly appropriate.

Mind you, when he aims for the crowd he sometimes misses and the ball stays in play.

Irony at its best.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Return to The Maine Football forum