2 new screens and no flags allowed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

2 new screens and no flags allowed

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Important service information ahead of our first home match against Liverpool on Monday 25 August. Kick-off 8pm. In March last year, we began work on the expansion of the Etihad Stadium which will see 6,000 new seats added to the South Stand.

The construction work means that your route in to the stadium might be a little bit different, so we ask that all supporters read the information below and arrive early to avoid any delays.

Below you will find information on:

• Home supporter access

• Visiting supporter access

• South Stand roof

• Food concessions and betting facilities

• WiFi update

• Flags on Level 2

• Road closure

Home Supporter Access

We advise that any supporters who normally use the affected entrances (see below) arrive and enter the stadium earlier than usual to avoid any delays in getting to your seat.

Closed entrances

Entrances N1 and M will be closed. All other entrances will be operational.

Potential delays

Supporters using Entrances B, K and N experience delays entering the stadium.

Different entrances to the Etihad Campus

Supporters who usually use Commonwealth Way to approach Entrances N to T (towards the South West corner of the stadium) will be redirected along Ashton New Road.

Entrances N2, P, R, S and T will not be accessible by supporters entering the stadium campus from Commonwealth Way.

Supporters will be redirected onto Ashton New Road and will re-enter the site at the South end of the stadium opposite Entrance P.

Visiting Supporter Access

To ensure that all supporters enter the stadium via the correct entrances, we have implemented an additional soft ticket check upon arrival. Click here for a stadium plan that shows the external changes made at the South end of the stadium and the location of the soft ticket check area.

• Entrance K2 is for visiting supporters located on Level 1

• Entrance L1 and L2 are for visiting supporters located on Level 2

As a result of these works and the reduced space outside the entrances, it may appear that there are more stewards and police than usual but this is not the case. We will put both additional signage and support staff in place to make sure everyone can access the information they need for easy access and exit.

Further information can be found within our Visiting Supporter Guide, here.

South Stand Roof

As part of the on-going construction work to build the third level of the South Stand, sections of the roof have been completely removed, from the corners. Due to the recent poor weather and high winds, it has not been possible to complete the work to temporarily cover these areas in advance of the match.

Therefore, should it rain on the night, supporters directly underneath these sections will be exposed to the elements. Every person affected will be offered a poncho free of charge.

The temporary roof covering is due to be in place for the match against Chelsea on Sunday 21st September, although all construction programmes are designed with some flexibility in case of high winds or storms.

Food Concessions and Betting Facilities

A small number of concessions will not be available in the home sections of the South Stand Level 2 for a short period of time. Concessions affected:

• Two food concessions, adjacent to aisle 213 and 218

• Two betting kiosks, adjacent to aisle 211 and 217

Alternative food concessions are available along the concourse, however the betting facility will not be available on this level for the duration of the works. Check out this season's food offering here.

The concourse areas in the South Stand have changed, and will continue to do so as the works progress. If you need any more information on these works, please speak to a steward on the day or contact the Supporter Services Team after the match on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3).

WiFi

Due to expansion works, WiFi service in the South Stand may be intermittent at times.

Flags on Level 2

We're excited to announce that an LED display has been installed on the second tier of the Etihad Stadium to enhance the matchday experience for fans inside the stadium, although this means that it's no longer possible to hang flags on Level 2.

More information will follow soon on an exciting initiative for fans to send in images of their flags to have them digitised and featured on the new Level 2 LED display. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can contact us here, call Supporter Services on 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3) or via twitter, @MCFCHELP.

Jumbo Screens

We are also welcoming two new state-of-the-art jumbo screens into the stadium to enhance the matchday experience for fans.

Road Closure

In addition to the standard post match road closures to assist supporters leaving the stadium campus, supporters who leave the Yellow car park via gate 11 will be unable to turn right into Rowsley Street. The road will remain closed until 6th November whilst bridge maintenance work takes place.

We apologise for any inconvenience the stadium expansion works may cause and look forward to welcoming you to the Etihad Stadium for the first home match of the season.

Ticket Collection

All home supporters who are collecting pre-purchased tickets may do so from the Stadium Ticket Office located in City Square (behind the stage). Supporters are strongly advised to collect their tickets at least 60 minutes before kick-off to avoid delays in getting into the stadium.

Supporters with queries relating to their Seasoncard, Cityzens Membership or match ticket should also visit the Stadium Ticket Office.

Guests collecting Hospitality tickets should do so from either the City@Home reception located by Gate 11, or from the East Stand reception.

All guests will receive confirmation of their collection point by email.

Should you have any questions regarding your collection point, you can contact a Matchday Hospitality representative by email at hospitality@mcfc.co.uk or by phone on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 2). Any City@Home collections that remain 15 minutes after kick-of will be sent to the Colin Bell Stand reception for late arrivals.

The Ticket Office and Supporter Services are open Monday - Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm (closed Sunday and Bank Holiday).

Both facilities will open on the day of all scheduled First Team home fixtures, and for this match will be open from 11am until 8:15pm. Please call +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3).

You can also use our online 'frequently asked questions' resource, #mcfchelp or our official Supporter Services Twitter account, @MCFCHELP.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: 2 new screens and no flags allowed

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 pm

I know we're in an age of technology etc., but I don't see a digitised flag added to the atmosphere somehow.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Didn't get told I was going to get pissed wet through and wouldn't be able to have a bet or would have to walk half way round the stadium to get a drink or pie at half time when I renewed... and I have paid more than last season for the privilege!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I know we're in an age of technology etc., but I don't see a digitised flag added to the atmosphere somehow.

I don't know, mate. I took the little 'un on a stadium tour 3 weeks ago and that LED display is louder than a open-top bus full of scousers after 35 league games.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:33 am

Digital flags!!!!! ARE THEY BEING SERIOUS?

What can they do if you hang one? throw it in the bin? The stadium isnt right without Spiv's noisy neighbour flag,the Fergie time one,the Brillliant Belgian and Manc Kompany one,the David Silva King of Spain flag etc etc etc etc etc etc in fact some of their best marketing ideas has been nicked from those flags.

If anything the club should be encouraging more of them.

Don't get me started on the fact my tickets cost more (AGAIN) and this season i'm gonna get piss wet through every week,yes i'm a moaning fucker i don't care.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:20 am

Is each game going to be like an evening in Hong Kong ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Duckman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:00 am

I blame FFP.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:48 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Don't get me started on the fact my tickets cost more (AGAIN) and this season i'm gonna get piss wet through every week,yes i'm a moaning fucker i don't care.

The temporary roof is going to be up in less than a month.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:26 am

It's OK, those in the SS can use their flags as umbrella's. They'll fucking need 'em!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:48 am

They're sorting out free ponchos for the cheap seats apparently, until they actually get the temporary roof on (delayed due to bad weather apparently). There's an MEN article about it somewhere.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:44 am

Dameerto wrote:They're sorting out free ponchos for the cheap seats apparently, until they actually get the temporary roof on (delayed due to bad weather apparently). There's an MEN article about it somewhere.

They already do it for those in the front rows but to be honest, would you put one on!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum