mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
twosips wrote:He's a very average forward compared to what we have now. No way i'd want him back; nutcase and a total let down 9 times out of 10. He'll flop at Liverpool just like he flopped at his 'boyhood club' Milan. He'll never ever make it at the highest level imo.. no better than someone like Adebayor.

Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero are all much better players. Scouse can have him.

Never watched him at Milan but he scored 30 in 54 games there. Can't exactly call that 'flopping' surely?

Why do you think they're selling him then so eagerly for relative pittance considering his stock?

Stats dont show the full picture. He scored most of them in his first season when he was riding the wave of his heroic return in January... and when it all settled down he scored 18 last year in all comps, playing more than 40 games. 14 in the league. That's 'okay', but it's just not good enough when you consider most were pens and his overall game has been quite poor and, in my humble opinion, its not enough to warrant him being labelled as one of the best and its also not enough to warrant putting up with his erratic behaviour and lazy demeanour. Dzeko at his worst still scores a hell of a lot more than Balotelli does and is a lot less trouble and won't cause fights on the training pitch - there has never been a season where Mario has wow'd anyone. Ever. Even Adebayor had one season like that. Whole lot of hype if you ask me... decent finisher but i just don't see that much to his game and he's just not worth it. Getting a good team performance out of him is like drawing blood from a stone.

Can't wait to watch him rolling about sulking.

I just don't get him as a footballer at all. He's a proper B-list striker. Half, quite literally given the stats, the player Suarez is.

No doubt he didn't do as well as expected and a fair few of his goals were penalties but the term 'flop' should imo be reserved for the likes of Fellaini and Torres, rather than Balo.
Still like him as a player and still maintain that although he's wildly inconsistent, on his day he really is superb and has that extra bit of quality that maybe the likes of a Dzeko or Negredo doesn't quite have.

Don't miss him here but wish him well.

I'm sorry but i wholeheartedly disagree. He's never had a game anywhere near the level Negredo was playing at at the start of last season - and Negredo did it for half a year. Dzeko's last game for us was a better performance than anything Mario did too.

Crazy wide-eyed nostalgia for a player who was nothing more than average for us. Couple of good derby games for us, yeah, but nothing on a world-beating level.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Absolute blinding news if this transfer comes off . Mario is capable of derailing the scouse cunts all on his own , fucking Brendan Rodgers ego has finally got the better of him , Mario will fuck him off big time when the time suits him . Love Mario to bits but the self destruct button will always be there and his last season with us he was absolutely shite to be brutally honest . This is going to be box office comedy and with the rags in free fall could things ever be possibly better ? ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
twosips wrote:He's a very average forward compared to what we have now. No way i'd want him back; nutcase and a total let down 9 times out of 10. He'll flop at Liverpool just like he flopped at his 'boyhood club' Milan. He'll never ever make it at the highest level imo.. no better than someone like Adebayor.

Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero are all much better players. Scouse can have him.

Never watched him at Milan but he scored 30 in 54 games there. Can't exactly call that 'flopping' surely?

Why do you think they're selling him then so eagerly for relative pittance considering his stock?

Stats dont show the full picture. He scored most of them in his first season when he was riding the wave of his heroic return in January... and when it all settled down he scored 18 last year in all comps, playing more than 40 games. 14 in the league. That's 'okay', but it's just not good enough when you consider most were pens and his overall game has been quite poor and, in my humble opinion, its not enough to warrant him being labelled as one of the best and its also not enough to warrant putting up with his erratic behaviour and lazy demeanour. Dzeko at his worst still scores a hell of a lot more than Balotelli does and is a lot less trouble and won't cause fights on the training pitch - there has never been a season where Mario has wow'd anyone. Ever. Even Adebayor had one season like that. Whole lot of hype if you ask me... decent finisher but i just don't see that much to his game and he's just not worth it. Getting a good team performance out of him is like drawing blood from a stone.

I just don't get him as a footballer at all. He's a proper B-list striker. Half, quite literally given the stats, the player Suarez is.

Because they're skint and he is their most saleable asset. They need to sell to buy.

And how do you explain the fact that their fans don't really give a shit? They'd be kicking off big time if they did, money or no money.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm

City64 wrote:Absolute blinding news if this transfer comes off . Mario is capable of derailing the scouse cunts all on his own , fucking Brendan Rodgers ego has finally got the better of him , Mario will fuck him off big time when the time suits him . Love Mario to bits but the self destruct button will always be there and his last season with us he was absolutely shite to be brutally honest . This is going to be box office comedy and with the rags in free fall could things ever be possibly better ? ;-)

I will be very surprised if this doesn't happen.

I would expect a honeymoon period where he looks like Pele, then he'll just suddenly slap Diego Costa in the face in his own penalty area 2 mins from time, then go into a sulk for 6 weeks, get fined for kicking Sturridge up the arse in training, crash his car into an ice cream van in toxteth, leaving loads of families needing counselling, suing for Mr Whippylash injuries etc etc.

We all know it's coming, it's just a matter of how long the honeymoon lasts before it starts.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm not really comfortable with Mario playing for the dippers, but I would prefer them to land him rather than a world class player. If they got Falcao or Cavani they would have moved up a level. Mario may give them a short term boost but long term will be a liability.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Because they're skint and he is their most saleable asset. They need to sell to buy.

How about not buying & keeping their 'star' player instead if he's so good ? And why is a multi title winning, Italian international striker going for 10 mil less than Fellaini without a load of clubs hijacking the deal ?

And how upset are Milan's supporters that he's leaving ?

Where did I say he was so good?

They're well stocked with centre forwards and they're light elsewhere so it makes sense to bring in what they can for him and use the money received to address the weaker areas of their squad.

As for Fellaini, Everton wanted to retain him so had a strong negotiating hand.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:56 pm

They're well stocked with centre forwards and they're light elsewhere so it makes sense to bring in what they can for him and use the money received to address the weaker areas of their squad.

Exactly. Milan don't want Balotelli.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:57 pm

twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

No doubt he didn't do as well as expected and a fair few of his goals were penalties but the term 'flop' should imo be reserved for the likes of Fellaini and Torres, rather than Balo.
Still like him as a player and still maintain that although he's wildly inconsistent, on his day he really is superb and has that extra bit of quality that maybe the likes of a Dzeko or Negredo doesn't quite have.

Don't miss him here but wish him well.

I'm sorry but i wholeheartedly disagree. He's never had a game anywhere near the level Negredo was playing at at the start of last season - and Negredo did it for half a year. Dzeko's last game for us was a better performance than anything Mario did too.

Crazy wide-eyed nostalgia for a player who was nothing more than average for us. Couple of good derby games for us, yeah, but nothing on a world-beating level.

You don't have to apologize for disagreeing! Haha.
Fair enough. I would say though his display in the semi final against the Rags though was almost perfection. We had just been dicked at Anfield, we were missing Tevez and Balo stepped up and led the line superbly and was a huge part of the win. A truly world class display that was and up there with the best games of either Dzeko or Negredo.

He is too inconsistent though and that's why he's no longer here.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 pm

His display in the cup final v Stoke was superb.

We all thought he'd learned & expected a new player next season. But one day, suddenly, from nowhere, he's back to the nutter again. That's what Liverpool will get.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Ok Ted, there's no point arguing. I read earlier in the summer about Milan's precarious financial situation and that selling Balotelli seemed like a good option to bring in funds which they need to strengthen. I was just pointing that out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby halnone » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:04 pm

I like Balotelli a lot.

As long as he doesn't score against us and the dippers don't win anything, I hope he does well just to shut the media up.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 pm

He definitely had good games, but you could count them with your fingers on your hands and seeing as he was at our club for two and a half years... well that's just not good enough really.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
City64 wrote:Absolute blinding news if this transfer comes off . Mario is capable of derailing the scouse cunts all on his own , fucking Brendan Rodgers ego has finally got the better of him , Mario will fuck him off big time when the time suits him . Love Mario to bits but the self destruct button will always be there and his last season with us he was absolutely shite to be brutally honest . This is going to be box office comedy and with the rags in free fall could things ever be possibly better ? ;-)

I will be very surprised if this doesn't happen.

I would expect a honeymoon period where he looks like Pele, then he'll just suddenly slap Diego Costa in the face in his own penalty area 2 mins from time, then go into a sulk for 6 weeks, get fined for kicking Sturridge up the arse in training, crash his car into an ice cream van in toxteth, leaving loads of families needing counselling, suing for Mr Whippylash injuries etc etc.

We all know it's coming, it's just a matter of how long the honeymoon lasts before it starts.

Exactly Ted . Also the media attention and circus that is Mario is now also a major distraction for scousepool ................ No win situation for them , a few cameo,s from Mario and a whole load of grief . Also can't see Mario being comfortable living on Merseyside or maybe he will live in Manchester again and get even in more trouble ? ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:24 pm

It's unlikely he will play on Monday, but if he does do we boo him?
South Stand Balti

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It's unlikely he will play on Monday, but if he does do we boo him?

Absolutely not.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm sure we'll hear a rousing rendition of '.....he's a striker, he's scared of grass'!

Good to see him back and I'll be keeping an eye on how he's treated ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Sky Italian reporting he is travelling to Liverpool tomorrow for a medical. If he has not signed by 12 noon he will not be eligible for Monday.
South Stand Balti

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 pm

brendan will tame him. Just as he did suarez. suarez only bit two people in his time at liverhampton so brendan must take full credit for that. whatever good happens with mario I expect brendan to receive full credit for it and I expect him to stand there and accept it like the egotistical wanker that he is.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Ok Ted, there's no point arguing. I read earlier in the summer about Milan's precarious financial situation and that selling Balotelli seemed like a good option to bring in funds which they need to strengthen. I was just pointing that out.

And I'm just pointing out that Balotelli is the player they are choosing to let go, it appears without any fuss from anyone, & yet he is 24 years old, & the first choice cf for the Italian national team. AC Milan are Italian but are putting their countries No1 striker up for sale, available for the kind of money a holding midfield player goes for & not only are they willing to sell him on the cheap, but none of the Italian teams are interested in buying him. In fact it seems nobody is, apart from Brendan Rogers. Everyone is just sitting back & letting Liverpool have him. Nobody is even chancing their arm.

Where is the stampede for a 24 year old 'potential world class' striker ?

Imo, that says everything about Mario.

It's a shame, but unless Rogers works a miracle, his next transfer will be for less money again or perhaps on loan.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

It all really doesn't make much sense, still can't get the head around as to why him?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum