mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Same here on Tevez. That would be one hell of a signing.

I don't actually have the same opinion on Tevez now anyway. I believed Mancini at the time but since then not one person has backed his version of events. I think he just said he had already warmed up & Mancini misunderstood & lost it. I think he did the same with Mario too.

Just looking at Mario's City record; 54 games one assist 12 yellow cards & 3 red.

That's fucking diabolical for a forward.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
PeterParker wrote:All in all, Mario's time at us was more bad than good.

He was the main reason of losing the dressing room by Bobby and was the reason of many moments when we played in ten men, just because of his madness.

Yeah, his talent is out there next to the big boys in football, but he will never grow as a player. He left us to go at the only club he wanted to go, his boyhood club, and look now, after a year and a half he is leaving them on the back door. He will never grow up, he will never reach his full level and if this transfer will happen, Liverpool had just fucked themselves big time.

He will have rows and Rodgers is the last man who can control Mario. He will never do that. We are ready for some funny moments ahead, funny and sad at the same level. We must understand that this is not something bad for us and our dressing room became a family after players like Mario and Tevez left.

Bring him in.

PS: And speaking of Tevez, imagine if Scouse would had brought him in instead of Mario. Just imagine that.

Do you think we became a family after Mario and Carlos left or was it after Mancini left?

I think we took down the big top and stopped being a circus after Mario and Carlos left.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:42 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Same here on Tevez. That would be one hell of a signing.

I don't actually have the same opinion on Tevez now anyway. I believed Mancini at the time but since then not one person has backed his version of events. I think he just said he had already warmed up & Mancini misunderstood & lost it. I think he did the same with Mario too.

Just looking at Mario's City record; 54 games one assist 12 yellow cards & 3 red.

The idea that it's an 'assist' when you pass the ball to a player who then has to go around a defender to put the ball into the net is stretching it a bit. But apparently an assist these days is more or less the last pass to a player who then scores a goal. Bizarre criteria.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

The idea that it's an 'assist' when you pass the ball to a player who then has to go around a defender to put the ball into the net is stretching it a bit. But apparently an assist these days is more or less the last pass to a player who then scores a goal. Bizarre criteria.

Whatever you want to call it...it was fucking money and we won the league because of that effort and Kuns followthrough. Cannot ever be diminished. And neither Nigel playing it on the floor to Silva to start it when instincts might have been to route 1 it into the box and pray. What a fucking day!
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

He was the main reason of losing the dressing room by Bobby and was the reason of many moments when we played in ten men, just because of his madness.

Yeah, his talent is out there next to the big boys in football, but he will never grow as a player. He left us to go at the only club he wanted to go, his boyhood club, and look now, after a year and a half he is leaving them on the back door. He will never grow up, he will never reach his full level and if this transfer will happen, Liverpool had just fucked themselves big time.

He will have rows and Rodgers is the last man who can control Mario. He will never do that. We are ready for some funny moments ahead, funny and sad at the same level. We must understand that this is not something bad for us and our dressing room became a family after players like Mario and Tevez left.

Bring him in.

PS: And speaking of Tevez, imagine if Scouse would had brought him in instead of Mario. Just imagine that.

Do you think we became a family after Mario and Carlos left or was it after Mancini left?

I think we took down the big top and stopped being a circus after Mario and Carlos left.

Quite surprised by the ill feelings of a lot on here to Carlos.
We were ALWAYS a better team with him in it, always. He won us countless games, and was monumental in our recent success. I don't think he did refuse to play for us either and never did believe that. Why would he warm up if he had no intention of coming on?
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Both. For me, Pellers knew how to get rid of problematic players. For me was a huge surprise Bobby sold Mario, i was convinced he would keep him.

I agree with most of what you're writing but I don't agree with this. Or.. .I mean, who knows who and what, but my interpretation has always been that Trixie and Soriano got rid of him, Balotelli, and then Tevez. I don't think Pellegrini could've stopped any of it even if he wanted to, sort of a club policy if you will. The counterargument would be that surely A-hörnchen and B-hörnchen wouldn't have gotten rid of a world class player just because he didn't fit in with their vision of how the club was supposed to run, but that's just what they did with Tevez.

Mancini always wants chaos in the dressing room, he seeks it. That's my humble opinion.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Whatever you want to call it...it was fucking money and we won the league because of that effort and Kuns followthrough. Cannot ever be diminished. And neither Nigel playing it on the floor to Silva to start it when instincts might have been to route 1 it into the box and pray. What a fucking day!

When Balotelli made that pass, from the position where I sit, it looked like it was headed to David Silva's left foot as he came in on the far post. As soon as Aguero got on to the ball I went 'no!' as I thought he'd fucked up our last chance. You can imagine my immediate reaction on the ball hitting the net. What a day, indeed!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:30 pm

I know theres this great invention called Google . But does anyone have any quotes from Scouse. Pundits re Ballo when he was with us . Looking forward to. Some serious back tracking from them. If he signs .
carolina-blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Both. For me, Pellers knew how to get rid of problematic players. For me was a huge surprise Bobby sold Mario, i was convinced he would keep him.

I agree with most of what you're writing but I don't agree with this. Or.. .I mean, who knows who and what, but my interpretation has always been that Trixie and Soriano got rid of him, Balotelli, and then Tevez. I don't think Pellegrini could've stopped any of it even if he wanted to, sort of a club policy if you will. The counterargument would be that surely A-hörnchen and B-hörnchen wouldn't have gotten rid of a world class player just because he didn't fit in with their vision of how the club was supposed to run, but that's just what they did with Tevez.

Mancini always wants chaos in the dressing room, he seeks it. That's my humble opinion.

The fate of Mario & Tevez was sealed, whoever was in charge.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:33 pm

carolina-blue wrote:I know theres this great invention called Google . But does anyone have any quotes from Scouse. Pundits re Ballo when he was with us . Looking forward to. Some serious back tracking from them. If he signs .

Nicked from Bluemoon:

Mark Lawrenson says

Dec 2011

It only takes one bad apple to upset the cart and I'm sorry but it's Balotelli at City. They have to now cut their losses, have a look and see who they can get in and replace him.

But they have to now say: 'Thank you very much' and replace him because I cannot think of a single more destructive influence in the Premier League.

Today

Liverpool need a new striker and I think AC Milan's former Manchester City frontman Mario Balotelli would be a great signing. Can Brendan Rodgers handle him? Yes.
Rodgers is the sort of hands-on manager who can handle players with big personalities. We saw that with Luis Suarez, and what he produced last season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:47 pm

heard some hack on the radio earlier predicting that mario would be the dippers cuntona...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Thankyou. Going straight to a Scouser now ha. Ha .
carolina-blue

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Mad Mario will put in a shift if picked against us I reckon. But I think he will be out played and will throw a fit to.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:11 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Mad Mario will put in a shift if picked against us I reckon. But I think he will be out played and will throw a fit to.

He's not eligible for Monday. He'll probably he suspended by the time we go Anfield!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Bring him in.

We were ALWAYS a better team with him in it, always. He won us countless games, and was monumental in our recent success. I don't think he did refuse to play for us either and never did believe that. Why would he warm up if he had no intention of coming on?

Your're spot on there, apart from golfgate, he always gave 101% when he played. Phenomenal workrate, immense talent.
And I tend to agree he didn't refuse to play, he just got the arse with Bobby Manc acting like a little Hitler
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Spurge » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

The fate of Mario & Tevez was sealed, whoever was in charge.

yes the owners wanted to create a more disciplined and professional culture both on and of the pitch that everyone employed by the club was fully signed up to.

Trixie and Soriano were seen as the right people to hire and fire those personnel who would be capable of adapting to the attacking style of football the owners demanded and who would also fit the bill in terms of the clubs culture and ethics. Tevez, Ballo and Bob didn't fit the required profile so were shipped out.

It's a culture that has reaped rewards both on and off the pitch. We are a slick operation, transfer targets are identified and achieved with little in the way of fuss. Where things haven't quite gone to plan the club has quietly gone about their business leaving the press to speculate. The Toure business over the summer is a good example - he and his agent did all the talking, the club remained quiet throughout and the issue was resolved, Toure's mumbled interview following resolution was pretty much an apology in my view.

The only slip up off the field was the inadvertent release of the Mangala video on the official site before the deal had been concluded.

The public spats between Bobby and Marwood, Bobby and Tevez, Booby an Ballo and the embarrassment of Cookies dialogue with Nedums mum are things the club won't allow to be repeated.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Regarding Mario,

if the stats are true and he only had just one assist, then that was his pass for Aguero in that 93 minute when history was written.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby kinkylola » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:15 am

Mario will be gold for pool, unfortunately.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:18 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Bring him in.

You may be surprised, but I certainly am not.

I am not surprised you have taken it on yourself to argue against a point no-one fucking made.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum