mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 pm

I can see the T-Shirts outside anfield now. Red t-shirt with white writing

Why always Us
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby justlurkin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Heard a story today that when he was at Inter, they played a game where all their strikers were injured bar Mario. At half time, he was already on a yellow. Jose spent 14 of the 15 mins telling him to stay out of trouble, to avoid being wound up, not to tackle and if he lost the ball to let the midfielders get it back. All this because he knew he had no other strikers. In the 47th minute, Mario got his second yellow. That sums up Mario. It's his way or the highway.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I hate this

this
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I can see the T-Shirts outside anfield now. Red t-shirt with white writing

Why always Us

Best post in this thread. Well done.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:26 pm

If we take off the blue tinted glasses for a while there is the distinct possibility of him being a very good signing for them. It's only 16m not a huge fee, his best footballing years are ahead of him.
Truth is nobody has a bloody clue how this one will pan out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:40 pm

sheblue wrote:If we take off the blue tinted glasses for a while there is the distinct possibility of him being a very good signing for them. It's only 16m not a huge fee, his best footballing years are ahead of him.

He's always had potential and really is capable of moments of magic. When he's fit and in the right frame of mind he can be a very good player indeed. Problem has always been that he is wildly inconsistent.
Perhaps Pellegrini could have got the best out of him as he has done with Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko etc, all players who struggled under Mancini but have flourished under our current manager,
We'll never know really though but his time with us all things considered should be considered a success. He played a big role in both our Fa Cup win with some big performances, and then scored a fair few in the title winning season and assisted Aguero's goal.
Sure he had his issues and we never quite saw him consistently play like we know he can but it was always fun and he was a real character as well as doing his bit in our rise. Wish him well in the future and hope he gets a warm reception when he plays against us.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:39 am

I'm stocking up on wreaths for when it inevitably goes wrong - I reckon I can make a killing on them.
Maybe we can offer a two fer one with Wonderwall's tee shirts.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:53 am

This is a crazy move by Liverpool. I do not know how much you watch Serie A , but Mario was here was good , now it's really become crap player. Maybe he can turn around again but it will be hard. His mind is very intractable to him let alone to somebody else, now when u watch him just falls or dive the majority of time and gets a free kick ( Seria A) new assimilation in England, playing rough and strong challenges and we know how fast he loses his temper. Now if he could not be serious in the club who he loves all life and much more slower league i really think it's a stupid move by Scouse, Rodgers must be really without options, because he knows all this .Negredo for Mario, never !!! I must say it will be interesting to see how ref's will treat him in Scouse shirt .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:41 am

Sad and great at the same time.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:17 am

sheblue wrote:If we take off the blue tinted glasses for a while there is the distinct possibility of him being a very good signing for them. It's only 16m not a huge fee, his best footballing years are ahead of him.

No, there's 'A' possibility of him being a very good signing for them, if his personality completely changes when he lands. And people have a fucking enormous, flasing neon illumnated 'clue' how it will pan out. What Liverpool need, is for the 'clue' to be wrong.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:38 am

As well as various other reasons for signing Mario, I wonder if, in some small perverse way, Brenda's mole-like mind thinks that by procuring him that he's somehow 'putting one over' on City for last season's travesty, when we 'stole' the title which rightfully belonged to Liverfool and their wondrous fans, who always walk alone.

Mind you, one thing is certain; whatever mad-cap jaunts Mario gets up to, he'll have a far easier ride from the media than ever he or City received when he was playing for us. He'll be viewed as some loveable Liverpuddlian rascal.

However and unfortunately, it's just possible that, at 24 years of age, he might just now start to grow up a little and calm down from what was 'normal' in his previous years. This might just allow his football to flourish and, over time, he could become a decent (and cheap) signing for the Scouse Neanderthals.

This would enable Brenda the Toxic Troll to milk any consequent accolades for all they were worth, in the nausea inducing way he always does.

All in all, I just wish Mario wasn't signing for that cesspool of a football club.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:39 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:As well as various other reasons for signing Mario, I wonder if, in some small perverse way, Brenda's mole-like mind thinks that by procuring him that he's somehow 'putting one over' on City for last season's travesty, when we 'stole' the title which rightfully belonged to Liverfool and their wondrous fans, who always walk alone.

Mind you, one thing is certain; whatever mad-cap jaunts Mario gets up to, he'll have a far easier ride from the media than ever he or City received when he was playing for us. He'll be viewed as some loveable Liverpuddlian rascal.
However and unfortunately, it's just possible that, at 24 years of age, he might just now start to grow up a little and calm down from what was 'normal' in his previous years. This might just allow his football to flourish and, over time, he could become a decent (and cheap) signing for the Scouse Neanderthals.

This would enable Brenda the Toxic Troll to milk any consequent accolades for all they were worth, in the nausea inducing way he always does.

All in all, I just wish Mario wasn't signing for that cesspool of a football club.

The highlighted part is a good point. As is cityrevenge's point about the refs probably being fairer to him now that he's one of the victims.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:05 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:As well as various other reasons for signing Mario, I wonder if, in some small perverse way, Brenda's mole-like mind thinks that by procuring him that he's somehow 'putting one over' on City for last season's travesty, when we 'stole' the title which rightfully belonged to Liverfool and their wondrous fans, who always walk alone.

The highlighted part is a good point. As is cityrevenge's point about the refs probably being fairer to him now that he's one of the victims.

Both undoubtably true, but it seems to me that if Mario is 'let off' by refs etc, he just keeps upping the stakes each game until eventually they (& the crowd) are on his case. He seems to be like John McEnroe, & want to be in that environment.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am

Leopards never change their..................
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beanieboy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Leopards never change their..................

Racist
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:56 am

Beanieboy wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Leopards never change their..................

Racist

Well the football messiah, the one and only Buck Rogers thinks he can tame that Leopard......
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

All in all, Mario's time at us was more bad than good.

He was the main reason of losing the dressing room by Bobby and was the reason of many moments when we played in ten men, just because of his madness.

Yeah, his talent is out there next to the big boys in football, but he will never grow as a player. He left us to go at the only club he wanted to go, his boyhood club, and look now, after a year and a half he is leaving them on the back door. He will never grow up, he will never reach his full level and if this transfer will happen, Liverpool had just fucked themselves big time.

He will have rows and Rodgers is the last man who can control Mario. He will never do that. We are ready for some funny moments ahead, funny and sad at the same level. We must understand that this is not something bad for us and our dressing room became a family after players like Mario and Tevez left.

Bring him in.

PS: And speaking of Tevez, imagine if Scouse would had brought him in instead of Mario. Just imagine that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby twosips » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:32 pm

If they bought Tevez i'd be genuinely a bit worried. He's a great example of a troublesome twat that is sometimes worth putting up with for a bit.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:33 pm

PeterParker wrote:All in all, Mario's time at us was more bad than good.

He was the main reason of losing the dressing room by Bobby and was the reason of many moments when we played in ten men, just because of his madness.

Yeah, his talent is out there next to the big boys in football, but he will never grow as a player. He left us to go at the only club he wanted to go, his boyhood club, and look now, after a year and a half he is leaving them on the back door. He will never grow up, he will never reach his full level and if this transfer will happen, Liverpool had just fucked themselves big time.

He will have rows and Rodgers is the last man who can control Mario. He will never do that. We are ready for some funny moments ahead, funny and sad at the same level. We must understand that this is not something bad for us and our dressing room became a family after players like Mario and Tevez left.

Bring him in.

PS: And speaking of Tevez, imagine if Scouse would had brought him in instead of Mario. Just imagine that.

Do you think we became a family after Mario and Carlos left or was it after Mancini left?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
PeterParker wrote:All in all, Mario's time at us was more bad than good.

Bring him in.

Do you think we became a family after Mario and Carlos left or was it after Mancini left?

Both. For me, Pellers knew how to get rid of problematic players. For me was a huge surprise Bobby sold Mario, i was convinced he would keep him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum