mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

mad mario

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 am

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: mad mario

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:37 am

I'll be changing my signature if he does.....I really hope he doesn't sign for those bin dipping c*nts
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:14 am

Just doesn't make sense to me. Even allowing for the fact that he is a complete loony I can't see he will fit the Rodger's thinking about the team ethic. He prefers to play as the main or lone striker but so does Sturridge doesn't he? Is he really going to be a squad player?Cannot see it happening.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 am

Doug's probably right but at the very least it's hard to see this coming off in time for him to be registered and eligible for Monday.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 am

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:27 am

Hope it doesn't happen, I'd be willing him to fail if it did and that would leave me conflicted as I still like the idiot.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 am

Mario is one of them rare cult players, great fun.... But on the grass, where it matters, he's not that great... barely good in fact. 99% of my fond memories of Balo are off field ones rather than on field. Says it all really.

Good luck to him though, if he goes to Liverpool i'm sure they'll be fireworks but doubt he'll bring trophy's. Imo he's not a major upgrade on anything they have, just another option.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:37 am

In one way it would be a little bit funny, all those expert ex liverpool pundits, hansen , lawrenson etc etc who slated him over the years, wonder what they would say now?
Milan want to sell.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:56 am

Blue Blood wrote:Mario is one of them rare cult players, great fun.... But on the grass, where it matters, he's not that great... barely good in fact. 99% of my fond memories of Balo are off field ones rather than on field. Says it all really.

Good luck to him though, if he goes to Liverpool i'm sure they'll be fireworks but doubt he'll bring trophy's. Imo he's not a major upgrade on anything they have, just another option.

Depends on which grass.

He has all the physical and technical attributes to be great but obviously it's his mentality that lets him down. He did have his moments for us though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues-clues » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:Mario is one of them rare cult players, great fun.... But on the grass, where it matters, he's not that great... barely good in fact. 99% of my fond memories of Balo are off field ones rather than on field. Says it all really.

Depends on which grass.

He has all the physical and technical attributes to be great but obviously it's his mentality that lets him down. He did have his moments for us though.

He never looked like missing a penalty. Is his record still 100%
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:01 am

blues-clues wrote:

Depends on which grass.

No.

I seem to remember he hated the press coverage he got here, not to mention the weather. Can't see it happening.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am

blues-clues wrote:

Depends on which grass.

He missed a couple for Milan I think, at least one anyway.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 am

blues-clues wrote:

Depends on which grass.

He missed a couple for Milan I think, at least one anyway.

Reina saved one for Napoli
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 am

The oracle has spoken

Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Jamie Carragher says he may not get in first team

Jamie Carragher is not convinced Mario Balotelli would get into the Liverpool starting XI ahead of Daniel Sturridge.

The AC Milan forward was reportedly in talks over a move to Anfield on Thrusday as Brendan Rodgers looks to bolster his striking options following the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

The former Manchester City striker scored 17 goals for AC Milan last season and played in all three of Italy’s World Cup matches, and while former Liverpool defender Carragher says he would be a good addition to the squad, he questioned whether he would get into the current team.
“They definitely need a striker, there’s no doubt about that,” he told skysports.com.

“At the moment they only have Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert - it looks like Fabio Borini is going to move on - and you need strikers.

“Would he be the final piece of the jigsaw? Would he make the starting XI if everyone was fit and firing? Who knows?

“At the moment Daniel Sturridge has got 36 goals in 50 games for Liverpool and at this moment he is the main man up front.

“Would Brendan then accommodate another striker, whoever that may be, like he did with Luis Suarez?

“He has lots of options now, Brendan Rodgers, and I don’t think he will play the same team too often so they do need those options.”
Balotelli often made the headlines for his actions off the pitch during a previous spell in the Premier League with Manchester City and he returned to his native Italy with AC Milan in January 2013 saying he was fed up with life in England.

Carragher says he needs to prove his talent on the pitch if he returns to the Premier League – and backed Rodgers to get the best out of him, pointing to how the Liverpool boss improved the performances of Suarez in the last two seasons.

“Brendan has had plenty of practice with Luis I suppose,” he added.

“The main thing for any player is what they do on the pitch. Both of those players had issues off the pitch, but I think it’s fair to say Suarez did a lot more on the pitch.

“You will always get a little bit more freedom if you’re producing on the pitch, that’s the main thing for any player.

“Balotelli is a player who has been here before and did a lot of stuff that was good for us in the media. He probably didn’t quite show his potential at Manchester City and that, coupled with his off-the-field problems, probably saw him depart.

“He’s the Italian number one striker and you want to see good players here. Liverpool do need a striker.”
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 am

For 17m I'd fuck negredo off to Spain and hand their 17m fee to Milan.

Bring him back. You know it makes sense.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:31 am

“The main thing for any player is what they do on the pitch. Both of those players had issues off the pitch, but I think it’s fair to say Suarez did a lot more on the pitch."

What issues did Suarez have off the pitch? Biting - on the pitch
Racial abuse - on the pitch
Cheating cunt - on the pitch
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:“The main thing for any player is what they do on the pitch. Both of those players had issues off the pitch, but I think it’s fair to say Suarez did a lot more on the pitch."

What issues did Suarez have off the pitch? Biting - on the pitch
Racial abuse - on the pitch
Cheating cunt - on the pitch

Haha, from what i've been told off pitch, in training and all that, Suarez was a squeaky clean, top pro.

Suarez is 100x the player Balo is on the field though, biting or no biting, there's no comparison in talent on pitch, If Liverpool think he is an equal level player as Suarez they are dead wrong... He'll do well but not get close to Suarez.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:46 am

DoomMerchant wrote:For 17m I'd fuck negredo off to Spain and hand their 17m fee to Milan.

Bring him back. You know it makes sense.

Cheers

^
This

but on loan
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 am

Imo, not with a twenty foot pole.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lee_R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 am

Please no Mario.

If he signs for them they wont shut up about it for the next 50 years. It will be like Beatlemania all over again :(
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum