mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:It would be shocking to see this happen as it goes against everything that John Henry claims to stand for as an owner. He has always been quick to cut ties with anyone who brings bad press to his teams. While he did allow Suarez another chance, he got burned and quickly got the business done with Barca. I cannot imagine he wants to be in that position again.

Yes, but in fairness, Mario has never done anything nasty, he just plays the loon and everyone loves him as a result.

Not everyone.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm

I dont like this at all.

A quality player and a top class finisher. Think alot of people are forgetting the run he went on about Oct/nov of league winning year, scored in 9 or 10 games in a row.

I think he will work well with Stuuridge, who will drop off and run the wings leaving mario in front of goal between the 18 yard lines. Would have loved him back here as I think he is a much better finisher than Dzeko or Negredo
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:34 pm

You can be sure the media having said he was a disaster at City will now say what a brilliant bit of business for the dippers. 16 million is a low fee to be fair.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:40 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:I dont like this at all.

A quality player and a top class finisher. Think alot of people are forgetting the run he went on about Oct/nov of league winning year, scored in 9 or 10 games in a row.

I think he will work well with Stuuridge, who will drop off and run the wings leaving mario in front of goal between the 18 yard lines. Would have loved him back here as I think he is a much better finisher than Dzeko or Negredo

Don't think Sturridge will like playing on the wings. He is quite selfish and doesn't like passing. Would be ineffective there, imo.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby frankswift » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:40 pm

PrezIke wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Hope it doesn't happen, I'd be willing him to fail if it did and that would leave me conflicted as I still like the idiot.

Just how I feel.

pretty much sums it up.

This.

I was telling a Rossonero only last week how we love the mad fucker, but he was more than ready to see the back of him.

My heart would love to see him in blue again, but we've moved on since he left, and unless he changes, he'll get fed up wherever he goes and will want out soon enough. If he goes to L'pool I'll give him to the end of the season.
Last edited by frankswift on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

Don't think Sturridge will like playing on the wings. He is quite selfish and doesn't like passing. Would be ineffective there, imo.

Agree. The whole reason Sturridge wanted out of Chelsea is because they wouldn't play him central.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:50 pm

I can see Mario being an absolute success at Liverpool ... for this season at least. He always seems to regress the following season/s but I can really see him doing well this season.

If I recall correctly, he spouted the usual bollox about only coming back to England if it was to us ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:01 pm

blues2win wrote:You can be sure the media having said he was a disaster at City will now say what a brilliant bit of business for the dippers. 16 million is a low fee to be fair.

It's a low fee for a reason. The guy has a short attention span and itchy feet. He's bound to put a shift in against us though if he plays.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Dameerto wrote:
blues2win wrote:You can be sure the media having said he was a disaster at City will now say what a brilliant bit of business for the dippers. 16 million is a low fee to be fair.

It's a low fee for a reason. The guy has a short attention span and itchy feet. He's bound to put a shift in against us though if he plays.

I am not arsed where Balo ends up TBH, but I would prefer him to delay the signing until next week so he will miss our game. I wouldnt see him playing in the starting 11 straight away without having a few sessions with the team anyway.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

Agree. The whole reason Sturridge wanted out of Chelsea is because they wouldn't play him central.

Sturridge always drops of onto either wing. I didnt mean playing as an out and out winger. He will start up front with mario but sturridge will drop to the wings where there is space and mario will stay central where he is dangerous
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Chinners wrote:I can see Mario being an absolute success at Liverpool ... for this season at least. He always seems to regress the following season/s but I can really see him doing well this season.

If I recall correctly, he spouted the usual bollox about only coming back to England if it was to us ....

Footballers eh? Almost as fickle as we are.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:38 pm

From all the shit on the net looks like a deal is nearly done. who would ever have guessed it.
Have very mixed feelings about this one.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Sorry if I missed this earlier in thread. Did City have a sell-on clause, or something like first right to him if he were sold back to England?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

We all have our abiding memories of super Mario; the goal against the rags, the fireworks let off inside his home. I remember a story that he had dressed up in a sky blue Santa Claus outfit and was dishing out presents. Sounded far fetched. Mancini asked whether it was true said. 'With Mario ees possible'. The other was when Mario instead of side footing in a sitter during a per season match tried a ridiculous back heel and missed. Mancini went nuts and took him off with much shouting and waving of his arms as Mario left the field.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm

blues2win wrote:We all have our abiding memories of super Mario; the goal against the rags, the fireworks let off inside his home. I remember a story that he had dressed up in a sky blue Santa Claus outfit and was dishing out presents. Sounded far fetched. Mancini asked whether it was true said. 'With Mario ees possible'. The other was when Mario instead of side footing in a sitter during a per season match tried a ridiculous back heel and missed. Mancini went nuts and took him off with much shouting and waving of his arms as Mario left the field.

yea remember that poor old bob wasnt a happy bunny............
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dwaring » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Florida Blue wrote:Sorry if I missed this earlier in thread. Did City have a sell-on clause, or something like first right to him if he were sold back to England?

As I remember and how it was explained to me was yes. Opportunity to buy back and portions of the next transfer fee. Not to sure how true that is.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 pm

opta stats: Mario Balotelli has only 1 premier league assist to his name!

It wasnt a bad one though was it!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

I hate this
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:opta stats: Mario Balotelli has only 1 premier league assist to his name!

It wasnt a bad one though was it!

That was certainly the time to do it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

He will no way get on with that arrogant cunt sturridge....you can bet your bottom dollar he will go mad when the greedy cunt doesn't pass to him.

I see fireworks ahead.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum