mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:12 am

Only ever had a handful of good games for us. It helped that two of them were against the Filth. Far more trouble than he is worth and so many days when he sauntered around the pitch doing three parts of fuck all. I think it would be more likely that he would damage them rather then help. Plus hearing all the u-turns would be funny.
Oh and two big egos with Sturridge and him could be entertainment in a car crash kind of way. He could destroy everything there.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Lee_R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:17 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Only ever had a handful of good games for us. It helped that two of them were against the Filth. Far more trouble than he is worth and so many days when he sauntered around the pitch doing three parts of fuck all. I think it would be more likely that he would damage them rather then help. Plus hearing all the u-turns would be funny.
Oh and two big egos with Sturridge and him could be entertainment in a car crash kind of way. He could destroy everything there.

I take much optimism from that post. Cheers mate.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:34 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:Mario is one of them rare cult players, great fun.... But on the grass, where it matters, he's not that great... barely good in fact. 99% of my fond memories of Balo are off field ones rather than on field. Says it all really.

Good luck to him though, if he goes to Liverpool i'm sure they'll be fireworks but doubt he'll bring trophy's. Imo he's not a major upgrade on anything they have, just another option.

Depends on which grass.

He has all the physical and technical attributes to be great but obviously it's his mentality that lets him down. He did have his moments for us though.

Especially his performance in the FA Cup Semi final against the Rags. Was like a tutorial on how to play the lone striker that day.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:46 am

Lee_R wrote:Please no Mario.

If he signs for them they wont shut up about it for the next 50 years. It will be like Beatlemania all over again :(

oohhh balotelli
he's now a scouser
without a cause

he would have held a minutes silence
but he didnt have a watch
he would have lit a candle
but he didnt have a match
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:47 am

We all know Mario could be one of the world's best strikers. And we all know it's very unlikely he ever will be.

I'm struggling to believe this is true, it's just such an absolute potential team destroyer for a side like Liverpool, both for the obvious but also for straight forward football reasons (they play a high pressing game, Mario doesn't press). And then the fact that Mario hates England & was clearly struggling with the media here & that makes him even more potentially dodgy than ever.

It just seems like an almost nailed on disaster, possibly the likes of which we have never seen before (apart from Suarez this summer).

But then I think to myself what a big headed, up his own arse, cunt, Brendan Rogers is & of course it makes sense. HE can control Balotelli & get the best out of him, where everyone else failed.

Well if he does, fair play to him. But I can't believe this is true. It's just not worth it at all from Liverpool's point of view. Why not just sign someone else ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby xavi6 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 am

I'm fine with it. Let's be honest, as mentioned already he only had a limited amount of excellent games for us and after a while the antics got extremely tedious.

Their fans are bad enough as it is, imagine the meltdowns as soon as he puts a foot wrong. It'll be hilarious to watch from a safe distance, while at the same time good having him back in the league.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Hope it doesn't happen, I'd be willing him to fail if it did and that would leave me conflicted as I still like the idiot.

Just how I feel.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Twobob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Agent Mario? Take one egotistical manager, an immature dressing room, an insular fan base and add one Mario - stir well and stand back.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby ruralblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Anyone maybe not just thought that him To the dippers is just shite as we play them on Monday?

If it isn't I couldn't give two shits!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Please no Mario.

If he signs for them they wont shut up about it for the next 50 years. It will be like Beatlemania all over again :(

oohhh balotelli
he's now a scouser
without a cause

he would have held a minutes silence
but he didnt have a watch
he would have lit a candle
but he didnt have a match

Haha, quality.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Corriere dello Sport says he's one step from Liverpool.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:15 pm

It would be shocking to see this happen as it goes against everything that John Henry claims to stand for as an owner. He has always been quick to cut ties with anyone who brings bad press to his teams. While he did allow Suarez another chance, he got burned and quickly got the business done with Barca. I cannot imagine he wants to be in that position again.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Suggestions that AC Milan still owe us 12 million euros from the original transfer and perhaps that there's a sell on clause of 10 per cent for City. BBC saying Balotelli has told team mates it's his last day in Milan and he's off to Liverpool. Samaras apparently off to West Brom!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Florida Blue wrote:It would be shocking to see this happen as it goes against everything that John Henry claims to stand for as an owner. He has always been quick to cut ties with anyone who brings bad press to his teams. While he did allow Suarez another chance, he got burned and quickly got the business done with Barca. I cannot imagine he wants to be in that position again.

Yes, but in fairness, Mario has never done anything nasty, he just plays the loon and everyone loves him as a result.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 pm

blues2win wrote:Suggestions that AC Milan still owe us 12 million euros from the original transfer and perhaps that there's a sell on clause of 10 per cent for City. BBC saying Balotelli has told team mates it's his last day in Milan and he's off to Liverpool. Samaras apparently off to West Brom!

This owed dosh coming in ahead of schedule, plus the potential of Negredo heading to Valencia (a very real possibility btw) could see us move one more time in the market.

Falcao anyone? Could happen you know, they reckon he's on the loan list (as mad as that is).
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Hope it doesn't happen, I'd be willing him to fail if it did and that would leave me conflicted as I still like the idiot.

Just how I feel.

pretty much sums it up.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby CuteMancs » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:44 pm

I was just checking for the match thread on RAWK, and they are all quite giddy about the prospect of their new signing. Lots of comments like this one....
Balotelli 90th min winner.

I will save the rest until weekend for the view ;)

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm

16 million is nothing. If he is still mad as a box frogs it was still worth the risk at that price. If he turns out to be the player we know he can be then it is a stunning piece of business.
ross.mcfc

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Hope it doesn't happen, I'd be willing him to fail if it did and that would leave me conflicted as I still like the idiot.

Exactly the way I feel.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Hope it doesn't happen, I'd be willing him to fail if it did and that would leave me conflicted as I still like the idiot.

Exactly the way I feel.

Me as well many an argument with Dipper mates as well as City mates about the mad man .Its going to be funny watching the pool fans I know backtrack .
carolina-blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum