mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:48 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:It was not up to Tevez to decide whether he needed to warm up or not. He behaved appallingly to be honest. Of course he trained hard and played very well but he's still a greedy selfish cunt. I'm glad he's gone.

I don't believe he decided anything, I think he just told the manager he was ready to go on, in order to help & got fired for it.

There is no way that thought is connected even loosely with reality.

He even admitted he "only refused to warm up because he was ready to go"

So he did decide something, he decided to say no to the boss and like him or hate him, Mancini's authority had to be absolute or you lose the dressingroom.

Which he allegedly lost anyway....

He picked a fight and Tevez took the bait and luckily they made peace in the title run in.

Both a pair of stubborn dickheads.

Cheers

It wasn't just the Bayern game, he'd been acting up in a few games (I watched him pretty closely when the cameras allowed it every time he started on the bench) - he didn't like being on the sub's bench and didn't like being told what to do - exactly the same thing happened when he was at the RAGS (with regards to getting frustrated about not starting games), he believed (and was probably right) that he was too good not to start. Baconface managed to keep it a bit quieter though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 pm

I think he told Mancini he was ready to play & didn't need to warm up. He has admitted to that as a 'refusal' & referred to it as such but if you asked Tevez for details he would say he didn't flat refuse. That's his version.

If Mancini hadn't been having a slagging match with Dzeko, it would have been a 3 second bit of a row & finished. With 99% of managers, there would have been no incident at all. tevez claims Dzeko tried to storm down the tunnel but it was shut, & he & Mancini were swearing at each other & having a barney when Mancini spotted tevez had just sat down from warming up, & started on him.

And the video of Tevez 'refusing' that I've seen, is no such thing; it is Kolarov saying something like 'you're not going to hit him are you, or 'don't go mental' that kind of thing to Tevez & patting him on the leg, after Mancini has another brief go shouting & pointing at him (not asking him to do anything) & Tevez saying 'no' to Kolarov meaning 'no I'm ok' not 'fuck off I'm not playing'. It looked like Kolarov basically saying 'don't react' .

I would always back the manager at the time, & the club was 100% right to do so, but imo this is oneo f the reasons the players 'allegedly' wanted him out even though we won the league:

Tevez claims the subsequent investigation found him guilty of not warming up & the club was happy it was all sorted, but they didn't know how to get him back playing again as Mancini had said he was finished. Tevez recons, Mancini's version of events was proven to be untrue, by witnesses including the team, coaches, & the doctor (is that the same doctor who was mysteriously sacked after the season ?) but the club kept it private (understandably) & that's why he saw his arse & fucked off.

Of course that was a cunt's trick, as was him wanting to leave earlier. But imo, that day, Mancini & Dzeko had a huge bust up & Tevez copped the flak for it. The bust up with Dzeko was actually worse, but the 'refusal' stuff & the reactions of Mancini thenTevez overshadowed it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Best decision Mancini made was to bring Tevez back into the team. Showed he was willing to swallow his pride for the sake of the club and that won us the league.

Having said that, as early as November, Mancini was beginning to go back on his firm stance of 'he'll never play for me again', perhaps a sign that he knew he'd overreacted and maybe got the Tevez-Munich situation wrong?

I never believed Tevez refuse to came on, he wouldn't have traveled with the squad to Munich and spent ages warming up if he was going to refuse to come on.

Still arguably imo Tevez was the most allround, talented and influential (on the pitch) player to have played for us since the takeover even imo pipping Aguero and Silva.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Best decision Mancini made was to bring Tevez back into the team. Showed he was willing to swallow his pride for the sake of the club and that won us the league.

Having said that, as early as November, Mancini was beginning to go back on his firm stance of 'he'll never play for me again', perhaps a sign that he knew he'd overreacted and maybe got the Tevez-Munich situation wrong?

I never believed Tevez refuse to came on, he wouldn't have traveled with the squad to Munich and spent ages warming up if he was going to refuse to come on.

Still arguably imo Tevez was the most allround, talented and influential (on the pitch) player to have played for us since the takeover even imo pipping Aguero and Silva.

But not Yaya.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Slim wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Best decision Mancini made was to bring Tevez back into the team. Showed he was willing to swallow his pride for the sake of the club and that won us the league.

But not Yaya.

Tevez is more of a talismanic figure I think is the difference rather than the actual end product. He made the team appear to be on the front foot even when it wasn't. Yaya etc produce as many or more match winning moments imo but it often comes from nowhere, wheras Tevez kind of gave the impression he was going to do it sooner or later, & then often did. Bellamy was a similar idea but not as talented. Suarez was the same for Liverpool.

Jovetic has a bit of it about him.

The absolute opposite would be Mario.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 pm

If you compare Tevez with Sergio Tevez works harder off the ball but is nowhere near as lethal a finisher imo.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 pm

blues2win wrote:If you compare Tevez with Sergio Tevez works harder off the ball but is nowhere near as lethal a finisher imo.

And Tevez gets the crowd going by constantly raiding & trying to force something to happen, wheras Sergio just drifts about doing the odd touch but then just does something unspeakably brilliant & we score.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 pm

blues2win wrote:If you compare Tevez with Sergio Tevez works harder off the ball but is nowhere near as lethal a finisher imo.

who is sergio tevez??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

And Tevez gets the crowd going by constantly raiding & trying to force something to happen, wheras Sergio just drifts about doing the odd touch but then just does something unspeakably brilliant & we score.

That sentence just makes me think 'fucking hell, I love Sergio' - he's a little genius isn't he?

Totally get you with the talismanic thing about Tevez - that was part of what he brought though to the team. That kinda stubborn hope - can't underestimate how useful that was to the team and the atmosphere at the ground. Not many players have that ability to effectively change the mood in a stadium through sheer defiance. As much of a idiot as he clearly is, Tevez is and was a fantastic player.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Tevez did do some magical things though. Remember some incredible solo goals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50u8B3vAI0o

Edit - if Tevez was at Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea they'd all be hugely better sides straight away. He's everything that Costa and Sanchez want to be, and he'd do a pretty credible impression of Suarez too.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Tevez was almost like a cross of slightly less talented versions of Aguero and Silva. Not quite as creative as Silva but far more prolific and not quite as prolific as Sergio but far more creative.

Three wonderful players, hard to say which one is the 'best', but the most all round player imo was Tevez.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Tevez is the best player i've seen play for City,there i've said it.

Yes he might not be the most gifted player but for heart,determination,passion all the things i love in a player you ant beat that wild fucker.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:56 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Tevez is the best player i've seen play for City,there i've said it.

Yes he might not be the most gifted player but for heart,determination,passion all the things i love in a player you ant beat that wild fucker.

For attacking players who encapsulate City I'd put Bellamy ahead of him. I think I may still have a bit of a grudge against Tevez.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Problem with Tevez is he won't play a disciplined role, he just does his own thing, he's brilliant at doing his own thing don't get me wrong but he's that annoying kid on the playground that won't pass the ball to anyone, my ball, my ball, my ball. Brilliant with it mind.

As for THAT night, Tevez saw his arse because he presumed that he was going to be subbed on for Dzeko but Nige was instead. Mancini then told him to keep warming up but he refused. That is what happened and no cunt is going to convince me otherwise.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:24 pm

This had me cracking up from Aguero's new book "Born to Rise":

I still miss Mario Balotelli being at City. Even though he used to drive us all nuts.
We all knew Mario was a little crazy. The thing was, Mario was crazy when he wanted to be.
He’d do daft things whenever he felt like it because he thought he could.
We’d go out on the training pitch and he’d kick the balls away in different directions just to be silly, or he’d throw cheese over people when he was sat in the dining room.
He’d say things like, ‘The police have just followed me all the way to the training ground and want to talk to me,’ and I’d say, ‘No wonder! You’ve probably just broke the speed limit or bumped into somebody!’
Sometimes he’d get a message from reception saying the police wanted to speak to him and he’d say ‘Fuck the police!’
Then he’d remember that he’d driven past the police pretty quickly. He was always seeking attention.

Aguero then tells the story of how he got a call from Mario while sitting in the stands injured watching City take on Barcelona last season.

My phone went off. I didn’t recognise the number but I answered it and heard, “Hey! It’s Mario! How’s it going dickhead? Come on City, come on City!” – and then he just hung up!’

hahaha
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:26 pm

That last quote is fucling hilarious.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Dameerto wrote:That last quote is fucling hilarious.

And why he will always have a place in our hearts
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum