Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:21 pm

As someone else on here mentioned, Harry Kane did nothing of note in his loan spells in the lower leagues.
It is by no means the be all and end all.

Hoping to see him either go out on loan to a Championship side or even as a back up for us.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby clippo22 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Looks like Bytyqi is going on loan to Cambur, hope he gets some games and experience there!

http://instagram.com/p/xm-kBPE4W4/
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Lopes made him come back from injury just now. Only twenty minutes but he was really good to be honest. He looks stronger already - he's broader and bounces off defenders and there was one moment where he picked up the ball on the edge of the area, lightning quick burst of pace, skipped past two defenders and played a one two before rocketing a shot from 20 yards. Keeper saved it but it was a proper thunderbolt.

He's got 'it' definitely. He's really quick which is great and he just looks to beat people all the time.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:17 pm

twosips wrote:Lopes made him come back from injury just now. Only twenty minutes but he was really good to be honest. He looks stronger already - he's broader and bounces off defenders and there was one moment where he picked up the ball on the edge of the area, lightning quick burst of pace, skipped past two defenders and played a one two before rocketing a shot from 20 yards. Keeper saved it but it was a proper thunderbolt.

He's got 'it' definitely. He's really quick which is great and he just looks to beat people all the time.

Really hope he can kickstart his season now.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lovecity8utd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:08 pm

See it's being reported that devante Cole has joined mk Dons on loan for rest of the season. Good to see he will probably get plenty of game time, but surprised we couldn't get him fixed up with someone in the championship.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:34 am

lovecity8utd wrote:See it's being reported that devante Cole has joined mk Dons on loan for rest of the season. Good to see he will probably get plenty of game time, but surprised we couldn't get him fixed up with someone in the championship.

Bit of a strange one. I thought he must have been injured after not featuring in any of the academy/eds games since coming back from Barnsley.

I would imagine there would be a fewchampionship sides in need of a goal.scorer at the top and bottom, however, MK Dons play good football and may have promised us he will get more game time.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:05 am

I would imagine there would be a fewchampionship sides in need of a goal.scorer at the top and bottom, however, MK Dons play good football and may have promised us he will get more game time.

I don't know and perhaps someone one here could enlighten me but I feel there might be a lot of growth from playing against league 1 defenders as well. They may not be as quick or yeah, good, as their equivalents in the pl but they probably know all the dirty tricks in the book, Cole might as well learn them there, in fact it might even be better to learn them there so Cole can grow some confidence in the meantime. Or am I wrong in thinking this?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:30 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I don't know and perhaps someone one here could enlighten me but I feel there might be a lot of growth from playing against league 1 defenders as well. They may not be as quick or yeah, good, as their equivalents in the pl but they probably know all the dirty tricks in the book, Cole might as well learn them there, in fact it might even be better to learn them there so Cole can grow some confidence in the meantime. Or am I wrong in thinking this?

I've only seen him once for Barnsley & he got fouled quite a lot, without getting free kicks (great practice for a City career) but just got up & got on with it. There was no arm waving or rolling about. So he seemed used to it already.

The problem there was that many of the team didn't work with him, so the stuff he's been taught at City was meaningless. Very difficult for him to progress as a footballer when his team mates don't play a return pass, even when he's through on goal. Just chasing long hoofs & getting kicked, then he lays it off moves for the return, & they ignore him. Horrible bunch of players.

Hopefully he can get into this team & they will play football.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Yes, you will probably toughen up a bit (or be broken down), but you won't learn the City brand of football.
Your team mates will probably be light years behind you in regards to ability and especially football intelligence.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Denayer just ran from cb, all the way down the wing, to the corner flag, pulled the ball back, cut inside, dribbled past one, ran past another & hit a perfect cross through the 6 yard box.

I've said it before; he could play fullback or centre mid.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 pm

They just replayed the trick he did; it was like something Robinho would have come up with.

What a fucking player we could have here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Celtic want Denayer for another season and you can see why. Real plan to put Odegaard into first team squad next season. No talk of a loan; he's straight into the reserves for rest of this season. If MDM gets another year there'll be a choice between Denayer and Boyata. I doubt there'll be space for both. Personally I think Denayer is a far better long term bet. We must promote some of the kids into the first team squad next season and Denayer and Barker would be right at the top of my list.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 pm

I was just looking at the result of the Valencia match today and saw that Zuculini was on the bench. Anyone know how hes doing there?

If hes not getting decent playing time we should recall him and send him elsewhere
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:59 pm

He's not played at all. Been an awful loan.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:15 am

twosips wrote:He's not played at all. Been an awful loan.

He'd have got more game time staying at City.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby twosips » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:46 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

He definitely would. He would have started the odd carling cup game, done quite well and been used off the bench every now and then I think. From what I saw in preseason he was pretty all action. His game would suit the English style much more than the Spanish style.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 am

twosips wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

He definitely would. He would have started the odd carling cup game, done quite well and been used off the bench every now and then I think. From what I saw in preseason he was pretty all action. His game would suit the English style much more than the Spanish style.

I would say he would have been in the team by now. From what I saw of him in pre-season (and I admit that is hardly the best indicator but that is all I have got to go on), he would be a better bet than Fernando.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:51 am

This is the latest I can see:

Valencia manager Nuno Santo has confirmed during a pre-match press conference that Bruno Zuculini has been released from his season-long loan.

Manchester City allowed the Argentine midfielder to head for La Liga last summer in an effort to find competitive football.

View image | gettyimages.com

He has, however, been starved of regular minutes in the Spanish top-flight.

The Daily Mirror has reported that City were looking for the 21-year-old’s deal to be cut short so that he could be moved elsewhere, with Getafe offered up as one possible destination.

Zuculini’s fate is back in the hands of his parent club, with Santo revealing that he and Joao Pereira will be leaving the Mestalla in January.

He told a press conference ahead of Sunday’s clash with Sevilla, with his comments reported by AS: “We’ve had time to analyse the decisions we’ve made. We’ve let two players leave in Robert, who wanted more minutes [and joined Granada], and Carles Gil, whom we received an offer for [from Aston Villa].

“We introduced Enzo [Perez to the team] and decided that two players from the B team [Tropi and Salva Ruiz] will permanently train with the first team. We’ve also decided to let two more players leave. One [Pereira] is a player who technically isn’t ours anymore, but we have nothing against his professionalism. In the face of the second round [of the season], those who are with us are whom I believe can provide us with many things.

“The other is a natural departure in Bruno [Zuculini], who will seek what’s best for his career. He belongs to another club, and Manchester City must decide where he goes.”
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby BmoreBlue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:55 pm

sounds like shay facey is going to NYCFC on loan - currently training with them in their preseason
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby phips » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Bluedj wrote:This is the latest I can see:

Valencia manager Nuno Santo has confirmed during a pre-match press conference that Bruno Zuculini has been released from his season-long loan.

Manchester City allowed the Argentine midfielder to head for La Liga last summer in an effort to find competitive football.

View image | gettyimages.com

He has, however, been starved of regular minutes in the Spanish top-flight.

The Daily Mirror has reported that City were looking for the 21-year-old’s deal to be cut short so that he could be moved elsewhere, with Getafe offered up as one possible destination.

Zuculini’s fate is back in the hands of his parent club, with Santo revealing that he and Joao Pereira will be leaving the Mestalla in January.

He told a press conference ahead of Sunday’s clash with Sevilla, with his comments reported by AS: “We’ve had time to analyse the decisions we’ve made. We’ve let two players leave in Robert, who wanted more minutes [and joined Granada], and Carles Gil, whom we received an offer for [from Aston Villa].

“We introduced Enzo [Perez to the team] and decided that two players from the B team [Tropi and Salva Ruiz] will permanently train with the first team. We’ve also decided to let two more players leave. One [Pereira] is a player who technically isn’t ours anymore, but we have nothing against his professionalism. In the face of the second round [of the season], those who are with us are whom I believe can provide us with many things.

“The other is a natural departure in Bruno [Zuculini], who will seek what’s best for his career. He belongs to another club, and Manchester City must decide where he goes.”

Been recalled to City.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus