Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 am

Negredo scored a late pen in a 1-0 win
Micah played 90 mins for Fiorentina
Lopes started for Lille
Devante cole on the scoresheet
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:02 am

I hope we're not just going to discard Cole like we did Guidetti.

He deserves a decent chance at City, including plenty of patience & leeway to struggle a bit & be given another go etc, before we make any kind of decision on him.

If you look at Harry Kane's record over the last few years, he's had one good season at Millwall; now has 20 plus goals for Spurs. Ok he is more of an out & out scorer than Cole, but Devante is a talented player who has turned in some top performances for City.

The big difference between Kane's career & ALL of our kids, is that inbetween loans, Spurs have given him chances, in Europe or cup games etc & made him feel part of the first team set up & see the pace of first team football; so far we are barely giving any of our kids a similar chance.

That needs to change starting next season imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:03 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I hope we're not just going to discard Cole like we did Guidetti.

He deserves a decent chance at City, including plenty of patience & leeway to struggle a bit & be given another go etc, before we make any kind of decision on him.

If you look at Harry Kane's record over the last few years, he's had one good season at Millwall; now has 20 plus goals for Spurs. Ok he is more of an out & out scorer than Cole, but Devante is a talented player who has turned in some top performances for City.

The big difference between Kane's career & ALL of our kids, is that inbetween loans, Spurs have given him chances, in Europe or cup games etc & made him feel part of the first team set up & see the pace of first team football; so far we are barely giving any of our kids a similar chance.

Cole has more of a chance of making it at City than Guidetti. He has been developing steadily over the years and,although I haven't sen any of his loan games, it sounds like he is getting better and better. That will mean stronger and wiser and add that to the pace he naturally has and there could well be a top player in there. Definitely worth bringing back and having a closer look at.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I hope we're not just going to discard Cole like we did Guidetti.

Cole has more of a chance of making it at City than Guidetti. He has been developing steadily over the years and,although I haven't sen any of his loan games, it sounds like he is getting better and better. That will mean stronger and wiser and add that to the pace he naturally has and there could well be a top player in there. Definitely worth bringing back and having a closer look at.

I'm not saying they are equal, just that Guidetti has never had a chance at City & I hope Cole gets one & doesn't get forgotten amongst all the latest 'superkids' .

I notice Mancini has just said he still thinks Guidetti is extremely talented & still a potential quality player of the future, but I suppose he did sign Johnson, Savic, Nastasic, Rodwell & Sinclair on the same idea so perhaps not the best endorsement .

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:55 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 5-14022015

42 mins for Devante's goal. Good instinctive finish that. The kind of goal that Kane's been scoring actually.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:13 pm

twosips wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b053lgkx/the-football-league-show-20142015-14022015

42 mins for Devante's goal. Good instinctive finish that. The kind of goal that Kane's been scoring actually.

Nice little finish.

MK Dons' keeper. What The Fuck ?

Also that bald TWAT interviewing someone just previous. What the FUCK is he supposed to be ? Phoney would be personality, twitching arm waving cunt. He did the City EDS game on BT or something recently. Artificial fucking turd, desperately trying to make a name for himself. Just fuck off.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b053lgkx/the-football-league-show-20142015-14022015

Nice little finish.

MK Dons' keeper. What The Fuck ?

Also that bald TWAT interviewing someone just previous. What the FUCK is he supposed to be ? Phoney would be personality, twitching arm waving cunt. He did the City EDS game on BT or something recently. Artificial fucking turd, desperately trying to make a name for himself. Just fuck off.

He's from the football league show on BBC. He's annoying to say the least!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:18 pm

He fancies himself as the new Chiles perhaps. It's tragic.

He was interviewing Justin Edinburgh who's finally found his way into league management. Bald twat then spends five minutes patronising him about it.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Watch on youtube.com

As I can't see the video I tried searching for it. Found this instead, all his goals plus one hell of an assist for Barnsley.

Number six is a peach.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby phips » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:52 pm

another difference is that Tottenham were hurting for goals. they've got Soldado and Adebayor up top. they might as well try Kane…and it paid off. as of now, we've got Dzeko, Aguero, Bony, and Jovetic. Jovetic is probably off and maybe even Dzeko but that will likely mean a high quality replacement. i don't see when there will be a chance for Cole to be given a chance. sure, he might play in the early rounds of the League Cup or FA Cup but i don't think we're gonna see a Harry Kane situation (not in terms of return but just simply in terms of playing time and number of opportunities). id like to be wrong though.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:09 pm

To be honest you're right, Phips. If Cole was at Spurs instead of Kane he'd have probably been given a proper chance by now cos of the same circumstances. Let's hope they show a bit of intelligence in how they handle this.

I actually dreamt last night we were in the FA Cup still, playing Leyton Orient and in my dream i was annoyed cos not one of our prospects was on the bench ha. Lopes and Denayer were back too. I'm actually getting angry in my dreams about it! Depressing.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Is there any reason why Barnsley didn't extend the loan?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Mase wrote:Is there any reason why Barnsley didn't extend the loan?

I imagine neither Cole nor City wanted to extend it. They are fucking terrible.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 pm

phips wrote:

another difference is that Tottenham were hurting for goals. they've got Soldado and Adebayor up top. they might as well try Kane…and it paid off. as of now, we've got Dzeko, Aguero, Bony, and Jovetic. Jovetic is probably off and maybe even Dzeko but that will likely mean a high quality replacement. i don't see when there will be a chance for Cole to be given a chance. sure, he might play in the early rounds of the League Cup or FA Cup but i don't think we're gonna see a Harry Kane situation (not in terms of return but just simply in terms of playing time and number of opportunities). id like to be wrong though.

Harry Kane only got bits of games at that age.

But that's all most of us have been asking for with our kids; a run out in the cup etc.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:Is there any reason why Barnsley didn't extend the loan?

I imagine neither Cole nor City wanted to extend it. They are fucking terrible.

Thankfully MK Dons are much better by all accounts.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:41 am

Barnsley forum loved him. After the first game they recognized he was too good a player for their team.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Marcos lopes playing against league leaders lyon today. Has assisted one and scored one and they are currently winning 2-1
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Grat goal by lopes.

Aguerish. Just ran from deep & stuck it away. Kind of thing we would like Nasri & Silva to attempt more often.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:30 pm

we should extend his loan at Lille by another season.
they're playing him a lot and it sounds like he's doing well playing in a decent league against decent opposition
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:39 pm

phips wrote:we should extend his loan at Lille by another season.
they're playing him a lot and it sounds like he's doing well playing in a decent league against decent opposition

I'll be very disappointed if he's not a regular in our matchday squad next season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum