Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:36 am

Sparklehorse wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Jason Denayer scored a header from a corner kick today.

Sign him up

Straight into the team for Wed and send Kompany to Abu Dhabi for about a month to rest up getting sold to Barca this summer.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:37 am

Weirdly i have the opposite view. FFP necessitatesthat we play kids and give them a chance, not that we don't, cos we can't just plug the gaps every year with big money signings. I think if there was no FFP I reckon moany fans would be going 'why aren't we spending £50m on *insert flavour of the month player* and playing a kid instead? - we have the money!'..... surely FFP means its not possible that we do that and therefore growing our own is the sensible and logical route.

Well, one would think so and I also think that if there ever was any well intentioned thoughts behind FFP that was one of them, but it hasn't happened it seems to me. There's no flourish of players coming through the ranks at clubs where there was none before. Well the Rags seem to be doing it but if I know my Van Gaal correct, he usually plays a lot of youngsters in his team (promoted Alaba and Müller at Bayern if I remember correctly). If anything, I think clubs are spending as much as they can within their margin to be able to maintain or expand their income. I mean before FFP there was margin for failure but now there isn't, for noone. Even Hull had to pay a fine for basically spending over their budget to get out of the championship. Or am I missing something here? I mean perhaps the FFP has created fantastic opportunities for academy players in France or Belgium but it doesn't seem to be having any effect what so ever in the PL in terms of more promoted academy players.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Hiwula just scored, do you reckon he celebrated?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Hiwula just scored, do you reckon he celebrated?

Who against?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Yeovil... he was on loan at yeovil first half of this season and then went on loan to walsall. Its yeovil 0-1 walsall lol
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Yeovil... he was on loan at yeovil first half of this season and then went on loan to walsall. Its yeovil 0-1 walsall lol

Manager there was appalling with him. Openly blaming him for losing. He will be delighted.

Fantastic news.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbdyv6KMlas

Highlight's of Walsall v Yeovil. Hiwula's no 30. He looks like he's very good at getting his shot away as he's pretty nippy. Bit Defoe-esque in that kinda way.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:02 am

twosips wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbdyv6KMlas

Highlight's of Walsall v Yeovil. Hiwula's no 30. He looks like he's very good at getting his shot away as he's pretty nippy. Bit Defoe-esque in that kinda way.

cheers for that, looked like a good game, end to end and some good football too. Two missed pens. Hiwula won the pen but didnt take it and it wa a poor take and easy save for the keeper. Funny how the Yeovil fans started to Boo Hiwula because he won the pen, minutes later whilst being booed, he swivelled in the box and scored. ha ha ha he didnt celebrate though. RESPECT
Wonderwall

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 10, 2016 10:52 am

Enes Unal appears to be doing well in Holland, i have no idea what level the Dutch second tier is though to gauge his success by?

Man City youngster has 5 goals & 2 assists in last 4 games

Manchester City youngster Enes Unal has hit the ground running since joining Dutch outfit NAC Breda on-loan in January.

Unal has nine goals and two assists in 11 appearances for NAC in the league this season including five goals and two assists in his last four games.

The 18-year-old striker has helped propel his side into third place and almost guarantee a spot in the play-offs for promotion to the Eredivisie.

The Turkish international striker joined NAC in January after an unsuccessful spell on loan at Belgian side Genk.

The promising striker joined Manchester City on a a £2,000,000 move last summer but was unable to play in England due to lacking the necessary work permit.

In 2013, aged 16, the City wonder-kid became the youngest player to score in the Turkish top flight scoring against Galatasaray and he had a terrific record and youth and international youth level.

http://www.turkish-football.com/man-cit ... t-4-games/?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Interesting that of all the players out on loan on page one of this thread, only Denayer is still at the club.

Does the loan system actually work? Or is it there to put lads in the shop window?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 12, 2016 4:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:Interesting that of all the players out on loan on page one of this thread, only Denayer is still at the club.

Does the loan system actually work? Or is it there to put lads in the shop window?

Do you mean still at Celtic or City?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 12, 2016 5:21 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Interesting that of all the players out on loan on page one of this thread, only Denayer is still at the club.

City.
nottsblue

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

City.

I thought zuculini was with AEK in loan until end of season? Not that I think he will become a perm fixture for us, thought he's still with us?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu May 12, 2016 5:45 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

City.

I thought zuculini was with AEK in loan until end of season? Not that I think he will become a perm fixture for us, thought he's still with us?

It's weird as he's always looked quality in pre-season!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

City.

It's weird as he's always looked quality in pre-season!

Either way, we have sent plenty of lads out on loan and I can't think of any off the top of my head who have come back and become a first teamer. Or even a squad player. Maybe Denayer and Roberts will buck the trend? We have sold a good number which is why I posed the question of what we as a club use the loan window for because at present it appears to sell the lads rather than bring them on.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Thu May 12, 2016 6:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:Either way, we have sent plenty of lads out on loan and I can't think of any off the top of my head who have come back and become a first teamer.

Joe Hart mate. Or do you mean recently?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Either way, we have sent plenty of lads out on loan and I can't think of any off the top of my head who have come back and become a first teamer.

I did mean relatively recently but Joe Hart is the perfect example. Went out for a year, did well enough at Birmingham and came back as our choice and he has gone on from strength to strength since then. That was six years ago. Not been many others I reckon.
nottsblue

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I did mean relatively recently but Joe Hart is the perfect example. Went out for a year, did well enough at Birmingham and came back as our choice and he has gone on from strength to strength since then. That was six years ago. Not been many others I reckon.[/quote]

I get what you mean but to look at it in another way, we could argue that selling maybe (& I have no figures to back it up) product of the academy that aren't going to make the level we require, say maybe 4 players sold at £5m per season is enough to cover the cost of runnning the academy i.e. self funding yet supplying X players that will make it?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I did mean relatively recently but Joe Hart is the perfect example. Went out for a year, did well enough at Birmingham and came back as our choice and he has gone on from strength to strength since then. That was six years ago. Not been many others I reckon.

I get what you mean but to look at it in another way, we could argue that selling maybe (& I have no figures to back it up) product of the academy that aren't going to make the level we require, say maybe 4 players sold at £5m per season is enough to cover the cost of runnning the academy i.e. self funding yet supplying X players that will make it?[/quote]
I fully agree. I have long said the main point of the academy is to raise money through sales each year which makes the academy self funding in the hope that every five years or so a superstar is unearthed whilst a good number are deemed good enough to become first teamers and squad players, thus saving us further money on transfer fees, enabling us to pay top dollar for the truly world class talents as and when they are available.
nottsblue

Postby BlueMoonUGA » Wed May 18, 2016 2:39 pm

So, the official City website released their loan watch updates this morning with the likes of Denayer, Roberts, Byrne, Unal, and Naah. While I know they are feeding us the kool-aide by only showing us the highlights, it does look like we have some of the most promising young talent in Europe.

I know the Dutch second division isn't the premiereship, Enes Unal looks to be our most promising prospect. With zucilini a close second. Thoughts?

Cheers
BlueMoonUGA
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: Kevin De Bruyne

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum