Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby PrezIke » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:13 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/new-york-city-fc/ ... six-months

The New York Daily News is reporting Man City reserves defender Shay Facey will be joining NYCFC on a six-month loan deal.

The 20-year-old centre-back has been training with the MLS franchise as a trialist since January, according to the report, and has earned the right to extend his stay in the states.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:we should extend his loan at Lille by another season.
they're playing him a lot and it sounds like he's doing well playing in a decent league against decent opposition

I'll be very disappointed if he's not a regular in our matchday squad next season.

you'd rather he sat on our bench and come on in the 87th minute while also maybe getting some time in early cup matches instead of playing in the first team for Lille?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:21 pm

phips wrote:
they're playing him a lot and it sounds like he's doing well playing in a decent league against decent opposition

I'll be very disappointed if he's not a regular in our matchday squad next season.

you'd rather he sat on our bench and come on in the 87th minute while also maybe getting some time in early cup matches instead of playing in the first team for Lille?

No, I'd rather he took Milner's place in the squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:30 am

phips wrote:

No, I'd rather he took Milner's place in the squad.

i would too but i doubt Manuel's willingness to bring a young player through for regular matches and big ones as well.
more than likely we'll buy someone new to replace Milner (or whoever else leaves)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:10 am

phips wrote:

I'd rather he came back after a successful loan spell with some confidence and continued to learn from the likes of Silva, Nasri, Aguero and get same time at City. If he's good enough when given his chance he'll play more often.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 am

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:

I'd rather he came back after a successful loan spell with some confidence and continued to learn from the likes of Silva, Nasri, Aguero and get same time at City. If he's good enough when given his chance he'll play more often.

Not a straightforward decision this. Another year on loan has obvious benefits but so does working with our best players as part of the first team squad. I believe he has upped his game of late but he hasn't been consistent throughout the season. Whether that is down to the lad or Lille I don't know. Probably a bit of both I imagine. Maybe another year at a higher level club would be a good thing. He is still very young after all and has time on his side. Then again, look at the dippers and the impact Sterling has made. Whether Pellers is the manager to give youth a chance is debateable though, but I'd also imagine any replacement wouldn't blood any youngstets for a while either, until he has worked out his first team squad
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am

I don't think it's inconsistency Nottsblue, it's just injury that has stopped him playing more.

I don't see that we have a choice now other than to promote a couple of the kids next season.

Milner looks to be off, we know Lampard won't be here and I'd say it's likely Jovetic and perhaps Kolarov will be off too.

We don't have the spending ability to replace all of them with so youth has to be promoted.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:53 am

There comes a time when he has to get into our side on merit. He is our player after all.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 am

How is the kid at Fulham doing?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 am

Mase wrote:How is the kid at Fulham doing?

Haven't seen much of him but check in here http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... c=45247.30 every now and then, bit of a mixed bag.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Jason Denayer scored a header from a corner kick today.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I don't think it's inconsistency Nottsblue, it's just injury that has stopped him playing more.

I don't see that we have a choice now other than to promote a couple of the kids next season.

Milner looks to be off, we know Lampard won't be here and I'd say it's likely Jovetic and perhaps Kolarov will be off too.

We don't have the spending ability to replace all of them with so youth has to be promoted.

Hope you are right with the last sentence. I for one would be satisfied with fourth and a solid cup run if three or four first team regulars were our own. Have my doubts whether it would happen, from both the board and management.

It pains me to watch this season disappear down the shitter with hardly any game time for the youngsters
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I don't think it's inconsistency Nottsblue, it's just injury that has stopped him playing more.

Hope you are right with the last sentence. I for one would be satisfied with fourth and a solid cup run if three or four first team regulars were our own. Have my doubts whether it would happen, from both the board and management.

It pains me to watch this season disappear down the shitter with hardly any game time for the youngsters

I wish we could spend a couple of seasons bringing through young players but the fans would never accept that & just want to sack everybody.

Hopefully we can try some if them as part of the squad though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I wish we could spend a couple of seasons bringing through young players but the fans would never accept that & just want to sack everybody.

Bullshit, Ted. When was the last time the fans didn't give a homegrown player a chance? It's when we pay big money for the likes of Fernando or Mangala that people get pissed off. If we haven't already got someone more suited to the premier league than either of them two, then we should start again with the academy as it's not working. Same could be said of a back up right back rather than £100k+ on Sagna, or a better left back.

The only thing that pisses me off about the kids is that our holistic approach seems to mean not playing them and when we sack Pellegrini in summer, is the next manager going to risk it when he can send £40m on some other top talent from the Portuguese league?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby twosips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I don't fully buy into the idea that the fans would turn against that idea. Especially if the manager made a point of it and talked about how we have no choice given FFP anyway.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 pm

I don't fully buy into the idea that the fans would turn against that idea. Especially if the manager made a point of it and talked about how we have no choice given FFP anyway.

THe FFP is the main issue. Get rid of FFP and I think most fans would not mind a season where a lot of kids get the chance in exchange for a fifth or sixth place. As it stand now though, the fans know that failure to reach the group stages in the CL means UEFA gets another chance to fuck us over and cement us outside the élite of football.

Bloody FFP, it's just so stupid and meaningless. I don't like the thought about us winning everything we enter, but I kind of feel we have to.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby twosips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Weirdly i have the opposite view. FFP necessitates that we play kids and give them a chance, not that we don't, cos we can't just plug the gaps every year with big money signings. I think if there was no FFP I reckon moany fans would be going 'why aren't we spending £50m on *insert flavour of the month player* and playing a kid instead? - we have the money!'..... surely FFP means its not possible that we do that and therefore growing our own is the sensible and logical route.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I find this strange. Sure, it would be nice to have some kids in the team but I would not swap fighting for titles for that.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby twosips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm

I'll be honest, i'd be satisfied with not winning the league on the proviso that we actively involved (i.e 15-20 games) 3 or 4 kids in the first team squad and then blooded 2 or 3 more in the cup comps while playing exciting, energetic and attractive football. I could take a season of transition if it meant we were closer to having a proper homegrown core cos ultimately that'd prove more successful anyway most likely.

I think i'd find it a bit of a buzz. I find most of our big money signings these days hugely underwhelming to be honest. Last one i actually found exciting was Jovetic but that's seemingly bombed. None since 2011 have been properly exciting really.
Last edited by twosips on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Jason Denayer scored a header from a corner kick today.

Sign him up
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum