Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby twosips » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Lopes scored today too. Also Rusnak has just scored for Cambuur.

This is some of the worst defending i've ever seen though. If he's playing against that every week he'll learn fuck all.

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/5 ... 5884878848
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 pm

twosips wrote:Lopes scored today too. Also Rusnak has just scored for Cambuur.

This is some of the worst defending i've ever seen though. If he's playing against that every week he'll learn fuck all.

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/5 ... 5884878848

Tbh he would have scored v Utd or QPR with that today.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

At the very end is Cole's latest goal

Watch on youtube.com
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

I think, or I'm just racist.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Denayer just about to kick off in Celtic's comedy defence, v Saltzburg on BT sport.

Very difficult evening in theory .

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Under pressure on the edge of his own box, feigned a backpass, instead spun round went between two oppo players, wrong footed another & threaded a diagonal pass through to the fullback. Out of order & will get caught out one day but just great nonetheless.

And people call Nastasic 'good on the ball' lol.

Pretty good goal by Somecuntiveneverheardof for Celtic

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Denayer slipped & Alan got a defelected equaliser.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Guidetti scored for Celtic
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Guidetti, looking for a hat trick against St mirren North of the boarder..
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:45 am

CTID Hants wrote:Guidetti, looking for a hat trick against St mirren North of the boarder..

I can see this becoming a permanent move next summer. Would suit all parties brilliantly imo
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby twosips » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Hiwula's joined Yeovil on loan short term. Good move to see how he copes with some proper professional football. Only 18 still... i'd like to see Fofana go on loan somewhere too.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Denayer apparently was called up to the Belgium senior side for the next international break
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:51 am

Denayer was quality vs Zagreb.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Denayer was quality vs Zagreb.

Was Guidetti injured? He wasnt in the squad and I cannot see us putting a clause in for not playing in europe in case we recall him in January?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:58 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Denayer was quality vs Zagreb.

Was Guidetti injured? He wasnt in the squad and I cannot see us putting a clause in for not playing in europe in case we recall him in January?

ooops found the answer, what a cock up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -team.html

Red-faced Celtic officials had to move quickly to change the team line-ups they tweeted ahead of Thursday night’s Europa League tie against Dinamo Zagreb after they named the ineligible John Guidetti as striker.

Guidetti, who arrived on loan from Manchester City during the recent transfer window, was not registered in time to play in the tournament and the official team sheet showed Anthony Stokes as spearhead of the Hoops attack.
However, it was an embarrassing lapse in view of the blunder made by Legia Warsaw in their Champions League third round qualifier against Celtic at Murrayfield.

The Polish side fielded a player who was, because of a registration technicality, officially suspended for the tie.
Legia won 4-1 in Warsaw and 2-0 in Edinburgh but Uefa ruled that the second leg should be a rollover 3-0 victory for Celtic, who were restored to the tournament on the basis of Callum McGregor’s away goal.

Ronny Deila’s team were subsequently eliminated in the play-offs by Maribor of Slovenia.
When the Maribor captain, Marcos Tavares, scored the goal that consigned Celtic to the Europa League, Legia tweeted “#footballwon”, a message that was retweeted more than 9,000 times.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Didn't see the game but a quick search of twitter shows Celtic fans properly rate Denayer. Great last night apparently. He's still a teenager and starring in a tough European game and Lopes is also doing well at Lille (when his team actually give him the ball).. it's well exciting. Definitely think there's a place for him and Lopes in the first team squad inside the next couple of years. Think how much money it'd cost us to buy those two as talented 19 year olds? £20+ probably combined.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:08 pm

Denayer looks to me like a miles miles better footballer than any of our current defenders. He will need to toughen up even more for the prem, as a cb, but he is a real talent. I doubt either Fernandinho nor Fernando are better on the ball than Denayer will be in 4 years time.

He reminds me of Lakey. Proper footballer not pseudo 'good on the ball' character like Nasti or Savic, genuinely fucking REALLY good on the ball, footballer.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lovecity8utd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Denayer looks to me like a miles miles better footballer than any of our current defenders. He will need to toughen up even more for the prem, as a cb, but he is a real talent. I doubt either Fernandinho nor Fernando are better on the ball than Denayer will be in 4 years time.

He reminds me of Lakey. Proper footballer not pseudo 'good on the ball' character like Nasti or Savic, genuinely fucking REALLY good on the ball, footballer.

I didn't see all the game but the bits I did, completely agree how good he looked on the ball. Quality at such a young age and against decent opponents. What was he like defensively - didn't see him in too many positions where he had to defend other than win a couple of routine headers.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:13 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how Jordi Hiwula gets on at Yeovil.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 am

lovecity8utd wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Denayer looks to me like a miles miles better footballer than any of our current defenders. He will need to toughen up even more for the prem, as a cb, but he is a real talent. I doubt either Fernandinho nor Fernando are better on the ball than Denayer will be in 4 years time.

I didn't see all the game but the bits I did, completely agree how good he looked on the ball. Quality at such a young age and against decent opponents. What was he like defensively - didn't see him in too many positions where he had to defend other than win a couple of routine headers.

Some of his 1v1 defending was excellent, using his pace to get between the striker & keeper etc, also some brilliant clearences & he really battles & gets in blocks on the edge of the box etc, plus he comes out to the ball quickly, as the Count would want.

He fucked up once a clattered a bloke in a dangerous wide position (like Zabba does too often) which was a bit poor & he isn't commanding enough in the air at present to play cb in the Prem.

But surely we must find some position this lad can play even if he doesn't develop at cb (no reason to think he won't) as he can tackle, sprint, pass, beat a man, has skill, composure, decent if not yet commanding in the air. I'm sure he could piss it at right back for a start, probably now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum