Loans.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Loans.

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Great first half from Denayer, again. Guidetti so so.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:Funny how the Gudetti comments overlook his time at Stoke where he did FA - even Samaras scored for fun at Celtic and back in the Premiership he's hardly uprooting trees. I don't know enough about the Dutch league but there seems to be similar thoughts that it isn't the best for comparisons with the Premierleague. I'm sure if Gudetti is good enough we'll invite him back but I just don't see it happening

You can't see any ability in those two free kicks ? Or the one for Sweden U21s ? Samaras did a lot of that ? What difference does it make which country he was stood in when he took them ?

I don't think Guidetti would be quite good enough for City in the end. But anyone who says it's obvious, is telling lies. He may be good enough to get 30 goals in the Prem. We don't know; it's guesswork.

Ridiculous not to find out, & absolutely ridiculous for anyone to even mention Stoke. The kid had barely kicked a ball for two years. He still won't be 100% now.

reminds me of lee trundle
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:Funny how the Gudetti comments overlook his time at Stoke where he did FA - even Samaras scored for fun at Celtic and back in the Premiership he's hardly uprooting trees. I don't know enough about the Dutch league but there seems to be similar thoughts that it isn't the best for comparisons with the Premierleague. I'm sure if Gudetti is good enough we'll invite him back but I just don't see it happening

You can't see any ability in those two free kicks ? Or the one for Sweden U21s ? Samaras did a lot of that ? What difference does it make which country he was stood in when he took them ?

I don't think Guidetti would be quite good enough for City in the end. But anyone who says it's obvious, is telling lies. He may be good enough to get 30 goals in the Prem. We don't know; it's guesswork.

Ridiculous not to find out, & absolutely ridiculous for anyone to even mention Stoke. The kid had barely kicked a ball for two years. He still won't be 100% now.

reminds me of lee trundle

That's all he may be.

But you'd be a right knobhead if you decided that, without looking at him, & he came back to the Premier League for ten million quid two seasons later, wouldn't you ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Lee Trundle was mint on FM2007. I sold him after a while but I never replaced the goals and after a while I gave up on bringing Swansea to the Champion's League. Don't underestimate him!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Strong finish to the game from Guidetti. Almost made something from literally nothing on a couple of occasions. No service for 90 mins.

Another 8/10 performance from Denayer.

I know it's the Scottish League, & you would have to see him vs proper oppo to know for sure, but in a world full of overrated or shite central defenders, Virgil Van Dijk has pretty much every ability you could want other than perhaps instinct, because it's impossible to say whether he has that or not in that league.

If we have our people watching Denayer, as they should be doing, then they should also be taking note of his performances. He's big, fast, great in the air, decent in the tackle & better than most cbs on the ball. If we could get shot of Nastasic, for a reasonable fee, then buy Van Dijk, he & Denayer could fight it out with Mangala & Vinny for the cb spots in the coming years & Denayer imo may turn out a better def mid than most we have had in recent times, if we try him there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Goal reporting we're thinking of offering a new contract to Guidetti with a view to bringing him back into the squad or getting a higher transfer fee. Touch late!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:42 am

blues2win wrote:Goal reporting we're thinking of offering a new contract to Guidetti with a view to bringing him back into the squad or getting a higher transfer fee. Touch late!

If he thinks we're just doing it to make money out of him, he won't sign. If he thinks he will get a chance to prove himself, he probably will.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Camebro » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Guidetti on the score sheet again today. I know it's only the SPL but there must be something there if he's scoring for fun.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Camebro wrote:Guidetti on the score sheet again today. I know it's only the SPL but there must be something there if he's scoring for fun.

It's a much lower standard so possibly not, but not even bothering to find out, would be criminal imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Some might find this interesting. The whole Fulham game from when Fofana made his debut at the weekend.

http://vimeo.com/113194745

He comes on at 1.05
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:03 pm

It's weird that ^ No replays, graphics or fancy angles. Just one camera and one bloke commentating. One for the purists and it's quite refreshing actually.

Edit - he was pretty average really. Few loose touches but one or two strong bursts forwards. I don't think he'll struggle with the physical side of things though. He's a proper athlete. I reckon he could be an asset for them when he gets his composure.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Looks like he picks up an injury/knock & stays on when he possibly shouldn't, suddenly quietens right down & much less movement, but he has a little burst again at the end.

I think he has a lot of abilities which we could really use in our team, if he gets his shit together for the next level.

Commentator is funny. Obviously works for Fulham. Totally biased.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Looks like he picks up an injury/knock & stays on when he possibly shouldn't, suddenly quietens right down & much less movement, but he has a little burst again at the end.

I think he has a lot of abilities which we could really use in our team, if he gets his shit together for the next level.

Commentator is funny. Obviously works for Fulham. Totally biased.

Laughed greatly at that moment where the Brighton player totally skinned two Fulham players on the edge of the area, was clean through on goal and was took out yet the commentator said the referee had been gullible and naive and fell for the dive. Didn't even make sense. Brilliant bias.

Didn't notice any knock but could have happened. He did a very good 'Yaya in jogging about mode' for the last 15 minutes though compared to the energy of his first ten so maybe he did.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Camebro » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Guidetti at it again, had a pretty smart overhead kick in the net before having it ruled offside, despite it not being offside.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:07 am

Does anyone know how Cole is doing? He scored a few when he first came to Barnsley but it seems he's not doing as well anymore. Is this down to him or the team's form in general?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:21 am

Cole played in the FA Cup for Barnsley the other night. Did some good & some not so good stuff, but he was playing up front & basically playing like a City player, in that he would make a run ready to receive the ball, then if he did get it, flick it through or lay it off & move again for the return.

The problem was that his team mates, in particular the guy playing next to him, rarely saw him, & if they did, then when he passed the ball, that's the last he would see of it. A bit like Jovetic trying to work with Aguero earlier this season but if you imagine Aguero was really really shit, blind & stupid & slow.

He looked a bit lightweight but very silky in his touch & movement but that changed inthe 2nd half when he started holding onto the ball more (due to the first half obviously) & he lost the ball a few times. Even then, he was basically turning the oppo defenders & they were holding him back from running away & taking the ball off him. Foul every time but never given.

He did a stepover leading to a goal which just totally took the cb out & was pure class.

Imo, he should be playing at City. He needs to learn to adapt his game to play at the top level, not the bottom level. He may be getting used to being fouled at Barnsley, but they are total shit, & it's like putting a kid who shows promise learning a Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto, in a punk band with a bunch of glue sniffing morons. If I was him, I would be really pissed off, but he showed good aplication.

If City leave him there after Jan, then they don't rate him imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cole played in the FA Cup for Barnsley the other night. Did some good & some not so good stuff, but he was playing up front & basically playing like a City player, in that he would make a run ready to receive the ball, then if he did get it, flick it through or lay it off & move again for the return.

The problem was that his team mates, in particular the guy playing next to him, rarely saw him, & if they did, then when he passed the ball, that's the last he would see of it. A bit like Jovetic trying to work with Aguero earlier this season but if you imagine Aguero was really really shit, blind & stupid & slow.

He looked a bit lightweight but very silky in his touch & movement but that changed inthe 2nd half when he started holding onto the ball more (due to the first half obviously) & he lost the ball a few times. Even then, he was basically turning the oppo defenders & they were holding him back from running away & taking the ball off him. Foul every time but never given.

He did a stepover leading to a goal which just totally took the cb out & was pure class.

Imo, he should be playing at City. He needs to learn to adapt his game to play at the top level, not the bottom level. He may be getting used to being fouled at Barnsley, but they are total shit, & it's like putting a kid who shows promise learning a Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto, in a punk band with a bunch of glue sniffing morons. If I was him, I would be really pissed off, but he showed good aplication.

If City leave him there after Jan, then they don't rate him imo.

what's wrong with glue-sniffing or punk rock?

bastard.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby kinkylola » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Read a report that Albert Rusnak has been sold to FC Groningen after tearing it up on his loan to SC Cambuur in the Eredivisie. Apparently already an SC Cambuur legend, they're pretty upset that he's been sold to join Groningen on Jan 1.

scored this goal recently:https://vine.co/v/O6TIBa1OM0l

article about hims from ESPN: http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2129002/cambuurs-man-city-loanee-albert-rusnak-is-tearing-up-the-eredivisie
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 am

kinkylola wrote:Read a report that Albert Rusnak has been sold to FC Groningen after tearing it up on his loan to SC Cambuur in the Eredivisie. Apparently already an SC Cambuur legend, they're pretty upset that he's been sold to join Groningen on Jan 1.

scored this goal recently:https://vine.co/v/O6TIBa1OM0l

article about hims from ESPN: http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2129002/cambuurs-man-city-loanee-albert-rusnak-is-tearing-up-the-eredivisie

His City contract was up next summer. Apparently he was offered an extension, but turned it down.
It's reported as an undisclosed fee. I don't think we will have got much for him, but still a bit since there were several Dutch clubs interested.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:23 am

Rusnak is decent but Celina, Fofana, Garcia, Byrne and Barker all have much more potential imo.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum