next : liverpool @ home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next : liverpool @ home

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I want to see Jovetic playing as much as possible. I think he offers something Silva & Nasri don't around the penalty area Yes, he is a striker & I think he should be treated as an 'A' list player, not a squad player.

Imo, Jovetic should partner either Aguero or Dzeko rather than playing them together (unless all 3 play)Again, he is a striker. They are finishers, he unlocks stuff. He may lose the ball annoyingly sometimes but imo, he is already threatening to make the most assists during the season; if he plays enough games. He is also much more likely than Silva or Nasri to score a goal.Theme here, HE'S A FUCKING STRIKER

There is the option just to take him off if it's not working.They are called substitutions, available to everyone

Imo he is the key to making City a team on another level this season & I wouldn't swap him for any of Chelsea or Arsenal's signings. Get him used to the Prem & we go up a level imo.So having another fit striker as opposed to not having a player for more than 2 consecutive games last season is a good thing? How could that possibly make us better?

That has to be the most Captain Obvious post you've ever made and that's saying something.

Seeing as nobody else has got got Jovetic in their team, how the fuck is it obvious ?

Tit.

Back to you.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:36 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I want to see Jovetic playing as much as possible. I think he offers something Silva & Nasri don't around the penalty area Yes, he is a striker & I think he should be treated as an 'A' list player, not a squad player.

Imo, Jovetic should partner either Aguero or Dzeko rather than playing them together (unless all 3 play)Again, he is a striker. They are finishers, he unlocks stuff. He may lose the ball annoyingly sometimes but imo, he is already threatening to make the most assists during the season; if he plays enough games. He is also much more likely than Silva or Nasri to score a goal.Theme here, HE'S A FUCKING STRIKER

There is the option just to take him off if it's not working.They are called substitutions, available to everyone

Imo he is the key to making City a team on another level this season & I wouldn't swap him for any of Chelsea or Arsenal's signings. Get him used to the Prem & we go up a level imo.So having another fit striker as opposed to not having a player for more than 2 consecutive games last season is a good thing? How could that possibly make us better?

That has to be the most Captain Obvious post you've ever made and that's saying something.

Seeing as nobody else has got got Jovetic in their team, how the fuck is it obvious ?

Tit.

Back to you.

He is more of a No 10, who plays behind a striker, not an out & out striker, which is the preferred position of the other 3. His is different to all 3 almost like an attacking mid, & he is also able to play as an attacking mid (or even out wide).

Thus, he is imo potentially a better partner for any of the other 3 strikers, rather than playing a combination of the others together. He naturally feeds strikers, as he did Dzeko on Sunday, & the more he plays, the more he will start finding angles & passes our other strikers & attacking mids don't find.

Silva & Nasri have both been used in that role at times, & done it well but imo Jovetic has more of a goal threat & is more willing to take a shot on, & of course offers a threat in the air.

Therefore I would like to see the Count treat Jovetic as a priority, & get him used to the pace of the Prem as soon as possible, because I believe City will be a much stronger team with Jovetic than without him. I think he is a bigger asset potentially than Fabregas, Sanchez or Costa, but not if we start dropping him.

I hope you now understand the meaning of my obvious post.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Herb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 pm

john68 wrote:I have been reliably informed that before the KO, The Liverpool management and team are to visit a Mrs Simpson's terraced house in Higher Blackley, to lay a wreath in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of her tortoise sadly passing from this world. The club have issued a statement stating "The sad passing of the hamster was not their fault, they accept none of the blame and had there been an inquest at the time, their club would have been exonerated"

The whole squad will continue from there in an open top bus to celebrate their winning of this coming season's Premier League Title.

(No tortoises were harmed in the writing of this post)

Heartless buggers - her tortoise dies and they say their sorry about the hamster?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Slim wrote:If we smash four passed these jobbers, I guarantee MotD will be wheeling out the phrase "it's a long season" and certainly won't be trying on "We're looking at the Champions here."

I'd be willing to bet they would say that.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:29 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Slim wrote:If we smash four passed these jobbers, I guarantee MotD will be wheeling out the phrase "it's a long season" and certainly won't be trying on "We're looking at the Champions here."

I'd be willing to bet they would say that.

Whatever the result, they will barely mention us at all; they will hardly have time to do so, between praise for Liverpool's youth policy and Brenda's tactical genius.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 pm

I with Ted on this one. I believe Jovetic is more than a bit part player. And it is so obvious, everybody seems to be missing it. I would also be tempted to risk Mangler to deal with the pace of sterling and Sturridge. MDM turns like an HGV in a country lane.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I with Ted on this one. I believe Jovetic is more than a bit part player. And it is so obvious, everybody seems to be missing it. I would also be tempted to risk Mangler to deal with the pace of sterling and Sturridge. MDM turns like an HGV in a country lane.

I wasn't disagreeing with him. I was saying it was fucking obvious and nothing he's posted since has changed that.

The point is, you don't challenge on 4 fronts with just 11 players and I can see JoJo lining up for a lot of league matches alongside aguero, especially when the cups are in full swing. But everyone will have their time on the bench(aside from kun)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:51 am

Slim wrote:But everyone will have their time on the bench(aside from kun)

most of his time will be on the bench while he recovers from injury
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby jono1978 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Desperately need a spare for this guys please dm me if you have one I can meet u there with money.
I SAY WHAT I MEEN AND I MEEN WHAT I SAY CITY TILL I DIE
jono1978
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: the mightey blues
My favourite player is: big dave silva.

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:40 pm

jono1978 wrote:Desperately need a spare for this guys please dm me if you have one I can meet u there with money.

still not sold out, give the ticket office a call
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:43 pm

phips wrote:
Slim wrote:But everyone will have their time on the bench(aside from kun)

most of his time will be on the bench while he recovers from injury

He won't be on the bench if he's injured.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby jono1978 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
jono1978 wrote:Desperately need a spare for this guys please dm me if you have one I can meet u there with money.

Just called them and you need a purchase history wtf . Anyone help?
jono1978
De Jong's Tackle

Postby jono1978 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Just called them and you need a purchase history wtf . Anyone help?
jono1978
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Slim wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I with Ted on this one. I believe Jovetic is more than a bit part player. And it is so obvious, everybody seems to be missing it. I would also be tempted to risk Mangler to deal with the pace of sterling and Sturridge. MDM turns like an HGV in a country lane.

I wasn't disagreeing with him. I was saying it was fucking obvious and nothing he's posted since has changed that.

The point is, you don't challenge on 4 fronts with just 11 players and I can see JoJo lining up for a lot of league matches alongside aguero, especially when the cups are in full swing. But everyone will have their time on the bench(aside from kun)

That's not what I said though.

So it can't have been that obvious.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 pm

What's with all this obvious business, I can't be arsed reading back.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 am

Speaking of the next fixture, does anyone know if the Fixtures part of this site is going to be fixed? Its the easiest section for me to find our schedule
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby AG7 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:27 am

Yup, no app, no AG7 ...

But what the fucked up kind of Next thread is this? If this is how you guys keep doing it, I might have to come back ...

PS. Who's the ref?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am

Michael Oliver is the ref
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mike J » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Brenton "We will attack them with pace and flair"

Erm well done. I fucking hate that bloke. Watch if we beat them, he will say something about money. Like they have spent fuck all.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:19 pm

john68 wrote:I have been reliably informed that before the KO, The Liverpool management and team are to visit a Mrs Simpson's terraced house in Higher Blackley, to lay a wreath in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of her tortoise sadly passing from this world. The club have issued a statement stating "The sad passing of the hamster was not their fault, they accept none of the blame and had there been an inquest at the time, their club would have been exonerated"

The whole squad will continue from there in an open top bus to celebrate their winning of this coming season's Premier League Title.

(No tortoises were harmed in the writing of this post)

Was this the one John?

Watch on youtube.com
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum