next : liverpool @ home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next : liverpool @ home

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:57 am

Smash the scouse cunts and make Rodgers fucking grovel !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:51 am

I would like to see a midfield of fernandino fernando and yaya BUT with yaya playing as a deep playmaker (as hes shit if he's not constantly involed). Melin and Nasri on the "wings" (basically a free role when in possession) with Edin up top.

Control the midfield and STOP STERLING and we will cruise it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:54 am

london blue 2 wrote:I would like to see a midfield of fernandino fernando and yaya BUT with yaya playing as a deep playmaker (as hes shit if he's not constantly involed). Melin and Nasri on the "wings" (basically a free role when in possession) with Edin up top.

Stop that run from Sterling which he showed to Southampton ten times without them spotting it & it's half their ideas out the window.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:I would like to see a midfield of fernandino fernando and yaya BUT with yaya playing as a deep playmaker (as hes shit if he's not constantly involed). Melin and Nasri on the "wings" (basically a free role when in possession) with Edin up top.

Stop that run from Sterling which he showed to Southampton ten times without them spotting it & it's half their ideas out the window.

Fernando can station himself inside Sterlings shorts and that will solve the problem.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Fernando can station himself inside Sterlings shorts and that will solve the problem.

Just tell Zabba to move over & cover, as Clyne should have been doing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Monster Gerrard and stop him starting their play. If we play Dzeko and Kun they've really got to press all game. Don't know whether Sergio will be fit enough for that for 90 minutes. Presumably Zaba will come in for Clichy which isn't entirely fair but that's life. I think I would consider playing Fernando Fernandinho and Yaya in central midfield and have Nasri on the bench for impact. I imagine Fernandinho will be much fitter after another week's training.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bluedj » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:47 pm

James Milner always has a great game against the bin dippers, but hasn't had a great pre season
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby john68 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 pm

I have been reliably informed that before the KO, The Liverpool management and team are to visit a Mrs Simpson's terraced house in Higher Blackley, to lay a wreath in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of her tortoise sadly passing from this world. The club have issued a statement stating "The sad passing of the hamster was not their fault, they accept none of the blame and had there been an inquest at the time, their club would have been exonerated"

The whole squad will continue from there in an open top bus to celebrate their winning of this coming season's Premier League Title.

(No tortoises were harmed in the writing of this post)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 pm

john68 wrote:I have been reliably informed that before the KO, The Liverpool management and team are to visit a Mrs Simpson's terraced house in Higher Blackley, to lay a wreath in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of her tortoise sadly passing from this world. The club have issued a statement stating "The sad passing of the hamster was not their fault, they accept none of the blame and had there been an inquest at the time, their club would have been exonerated"

The whole squad will continue from there in an open top bus to celebrate their winning of this coming season's Premier League Title.

(No tortoises were harmed in the writing of this post)

I wouldn't fucking put it past them
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:11 pm

They never miss an opportunity.
This is tonights u21 game
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

In what fucking world, does someone lay a wreath, to commemorate somebody starting a job !!!???

Sick, weird, tragedy licking cunts.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 am

id like to see

Hart
Zaba VK MDM Kolarov
Fern Nando
Silva Yaya Nasri
Dzeko
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

In what fucking world, does someone lay a wreath, to commemorate somebody starting a job !!!???

Sick, weird, tragedy licking cunts.

Even by their standards, that's going a bit too far!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Bluedj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:28 am

phips wrote:id like to see

Hart
Zaba VK MDM Kolarov
Fern Nando
Silva Yaya Nasri
Dzeko

Thats a good call, with James Miller to come on second half for Samir, as previuosly mentioned, he always has a stormer against these fu@ks
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 am

I want to see Jovetic playing as much as possible. I think he offers something Silva & Nasri don't around the penalty area & I think he should be treated as an 'A' list player, not a squad player.

Imo, Jovetic should partner either Aguero or Dzeko rather than playing them together (unless all 3 play). They are finishers, he unlocks stuff. He may lose the ball annoyingly sometimes but imo, he is already threatening to make the most assists during the season; if he plays enough games. He is also much more likely than Silva or Nasri to score a goal.

There is the option just to take him off if it's not working.

Imo he is the key to making City a team on another level this season & I wouldn't swap him for any of Chelsea or Arsenal's signings. Get him used to the Prem & we go up a level imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I want to see Jovetic playing as much as possible. I think he offers something Silva & Nasri don't around the penalty area & I think he should be treated as an 'A' list player, not a squad player.

Imo, Jovetic should partner either Aguero or Dzeko rather than playing them together (unless all 3 play). They are finishers, he unlocks stuff. He may lose the ball annoyingly sometimes but imo, he is already threatening to make the most assists during the season; if he plays enough games. He is also much more likely than Silva or Nasri to score a goal.

Imo he is the key to making City a team on another level this season & I wouldn't swap him for any of Chelsea or Arsenal's signings. Get him used to the Prem & we go up a level imo.

That has to be the most Captain Obvious post you've ever made and that's saying something.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby littlebig » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 am

phips wrote:id like to see

Hart
Zaba VK MDM Kolarov
Fern Nando
Silva Yaya Nasri
Dzeko

Seems like this will be MP's preferred midfield formation with Fern and little Fern in the double pivot and Yaya in front of them (unless we go 4-4-2). He gave Fernandinho some time against Newcastle to try to get him back to fitness, don't think Fernandinho is fit enough to start but MP will prob sub him in again in second half allowing Yaya forward (depending on how the game is going).

Silva and Dzeko / Aguero take two more spots up front leaving one more for Nasri / Jovetic / Navas. In this scenario, I don't see Navas getting much game time unless he seriously steps up his performances.

No need to rush Zabs back as Clichy did well on the right. Same goes for Mangala, I think he will eventually be 1st choice alongside Vinnie but no need to throw him in just yet as we have quality cover.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Bluedj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I want to see Jovetic playing as much as possible. I think he offers something Silva & Nasri don't around the penalty area & I think he should be treated as an 'A' list player, not a squad player.

Ted, I agree largely with what your saying here. What's really difficult for the manager, especially with the early season 1 game a week situation, is picking the best team to beat the oppoisition. Also if, as Edin did, put in a motm peformance, how do you drop him? Glad it's not my choice, but what a choice to have and with Sergio in the background as he gets his full fitness back up to speed :-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 am

If we smash four passed these jobbers, I guarantee MotD will be wheeling out the phrase "it's a long season" and certainly won't be trying on "We're looking at the Champions here."
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:14 am

Slim wrote:

That has to be the most Captain Obvious post you've ever made and that's saying something.

Seeing as nobody else has got got Jovetic in their team, how the fuck is it obvious ?

Tit.

Bluedj wrote:
Ted, I agree largely with what your saying here. What's really difficult for the manager, especially with the early season 1 game a week situation, is picking the best team to beat the oppoisition. Also if, as Edin did, put in a motm peformance, how do you drop him? Glad it's not my choice, but what a choice to have and with Sergio in the background as he gets his full fitness back up to speed :-)

Well those two are going to rotate presumably, as will Jovetic, but I would like to see him get the job of playing next to either of them, as much as possible, rather than dropping him & using the other formations mentioned on here. Id like to see him given the same kind of importance Aguero, Silva, Yaya get; where there is usually a way to get them into the team whenever possible, rather than him being the first one dropped, as suggested in this thread.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum