MotM v The Toon

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
No votes
Clichy
6%
Kompany
No votes
Demichelis
No votes
Kolarov
2%
Nasri
No votes
Fernando
21%
Yaya
No votes
Silva
15%
Jovetic
No votes
Dzeko
54%
Milner
1%
Fernandinho
No votes
Aguero
No votes

Total votes : 84

Re: MotM v The Toon

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 am

milner for me, didn't put a foot wrong.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:08 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
twosips wrote:Personally think Negredo at his very peak is better than Dzeko at his peak. He's faster, more skilful and has an eye for a pass that big Ed doesn't have. Whether Negredo will get to those heady heights again remains to be seen though.

I'm not so sure about that tbh. Negredo is technically better and the fancier of the two but we saw two Negredo's last season and it's hard to know which was the real one. At least when Dzeko's poor he's still getting himself in good positions and getting chances, when Negredo is poor he may as well take out a fucking deck chair he's that bad.
Dzeko has consistently scored goals and big goals over the last four seasons, Negredo has done it for half a season.

Negredo has shown he can play when the sun is shining but when the chips are down and you need someone to step up can he do it like big Ed has? Remains to be seen.

Not quite true that, is it? He's had some remarkable seasons before he came to City in terms of goals scored.

He hardly played in the second half of last season following that shoulder injury, 5 minutes here, 20 minutes there. There's no getting away from the fact that he was poor in them appearances but how often do we see that with strikers when they don't get a decent run of starts?

As far as I'm concerned they come to the PL with a clean slate. Everyone scores for fun in the Spanish league, even Soldado managed it and he's shiter than shite. Means nothing unless they can reproduce it here.
He played more than you are suggesting and the reason he didn't play more was because of his poor form when he did play.

He played 400 minutes of league football since that League Cup semi final. That's 4 and a half games all told.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:23 am

Jayko for me, with heel-nipping performances by Tako Sunomono and El Mago.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Avalon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:20 am

Dzeko for me. We saw a pretty different style from him with a few flicks and we actually saw him sprint for the ball and challenge players and outpacing them.

That flick though... Wonderful. In all fairness, that pass was wonderful as well!
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum