im starting to enjoy the press bias against us.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

im starting to enjoy the press bias against us.

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Why? Because whatever they say,City deliver to us the fans.Take Motd2 today all tip Chelsea for the title , they hardly mention us and tip Newcastle for our first match today.
Great the more they denigrate us the more the team stick it to them. So bring it on BBC and the press you've got to accept your devotion to old Trafford and anfield just make you look like chumps.
So I'm.not getting pissed off anymore . I'm backing us for more success this season and Fuck the press.
Come on city.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Re: im starting to enjoy the press bias against us.

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Well said.

It's almost a way of making a virtue out of a siege mentality.....or 'Nil carborundum illegitimi'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:07 pm

what's funny about seemingly everyone in the media picking chelsea is that i keep hearing that we are effectively the same team while they got SO much better, they beat us twice, and we barely won.

interesting, because even forgetting about the signings we did make, several of our key players were injured for significant portions of last season. i believe i read last season that our primary first eleven were barely on the pitch together for a few matches.

kun, komps, nasri, silva were all out for big parts last season. after arsenal i think we were most affected by injuries.

if we had them together more i think we would have been further ahead of our rivals in the table. if we can keep our players fit this season, we will automatically be better not even considering the additions we made.

some of their signings also have some question marks. costa had one top season and oh yeah, STUNK UP THE JOINT, with spain. if he gets hurt they could also be quite similar again. fabragas can be argued to be in decline, or at least not where he was two years ago because can't really see barca selling, or he wanting to leave if he was the same player they bought.

we shall see, but it will be fun to silence the critics when we go top again.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:17 pm

And we had issues with getting used to the style of play and dropped points we shouldn't have, and Joe needed dropping and we had that whole thing.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 pm

Strangely enough, just as you decide you're starting to enjoy the press bias against us, the dear old beeb do a really complimentary report on our match against the Toon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28730044

Now I think we won reasonably comfortably, but I don't think it was as easy as they are saying.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Return to The Maine Football forum