Football Focus Poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Football Focus Poll

Postby Spurge » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:02 pm

So football focus ran a 'who's going to win the league ' poll

Much surprise in the studio that only 7% went for city. Lawrenson couldn't believe that City fans didn't think they'd win it.

I was pleased to see that city fans posted a no show where their poll was concerned

I honestly don't think City fans can be arsed with stuff like this, whereas Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fans are all a bit desperate so engage with this sort of thing. The rags vote would have been equally as desperate I'm sure if their match wasn't a lunchtime kick off.

City fans don't need to try and tell the nation how good we are or try and convince themselves. We know what we've got at our disposal and what we are capable of without having to convince anyone.

So sorry BBC, we don't give two hoots for your poll, it's got nothing to do with the fact we don't believe - the total opposite in fact!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Re: Football Focus Poll

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Never click on these Polls, just for kids and glory hunters.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:07 pm

I think it shows just how much your average armchair fan is lead by the nose by the media.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 pm

I did like how Lawrenson said have city stopped playing this season, even he couldn't believe it
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Spurge » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm

BBC's latest piece of twatishness is, ahead of their 50 years of motd tonight, to preview it on most news bulletins by showing some snippets of action.
Two things here

1) When highlighting some of the commentators they chose Motson and from all of the thousands of goals he has commentated on used Beckhams goal for the rags against Wimbledon. They should have shown him in his sheepskin turning into a snowman.

2) and this is the one that really fucks me off - to highlight' a key moment/goal' decide to show shreks overhead kick in the derby.

Now we all know the most key moment/goal in the shows 50 year history is 'that goal' against QPR, but no they have to go down a rag route again. Still it's inkeeping with the SPOTY lifetime achievement award to Best. Rag loving BBC at it's bias best - cunts!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Spurge wrote:BBC's latest piece of twatishness is, ahead of their 50 years of motd tonight, to preview it on most news bulletins by showing some snippets of action.
Two things here

1) When highlighting some of the commentators they chose Motson and from all of the thousands of goals he has commentated on used Beckhams goal for the rags against Wimbledon. They should have shown him in his sheepskin turning into a snowman.

2) and this is the one that really fucks me off - to highlight' a key moment/goal' decide to show shreks overhead kick in the derby.

Now we all know the most key moment/goal in the shows 50 year history is 'that goal' against QPR, but no they have to go down a rag route again. Still it's inkeeping with the SPOTY lifetime achievement award to Best. Rag loving BBC at it's bias best - cunts!

I noted that choice of goals, but it made me laugh to thank how sad the rags will be watching that and realising how far they have fallen.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:34 am

You would think that the Beeb, a public funded establishment, wouldn't go down the line that the commercial industry have taken.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:You would think that the Beeb, a public funded establishment, wouldn't go down the line that the commercial industry have taken.

Absolutely. The result is driven by numbers of fans per club. Only.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Spurge » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:28 am

BBC latest poll on football focus was 'who is the best goalkeeper in the prem'.

Three options

1) Courtois
2) De gea
3) Hart

The above was the order of votes cast - with Joe accounting for just 7%

Great stuff from City fans who continue to show their contempt for the rag loving BBC and their stupid polls by not engaging.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:36 am

I find that city fans are like rhis in general. Talksport are always shit stirring and begging for city fans to come on air...... which we usually igonre.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum