EDS on Sky Sports 5

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

EDS on Sky Sports 5

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:03 pm

EDS Vs Chelsea U21's live on Sky Sports 5 now
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Re: EDS on Sky Sports 5

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:07 pm

1-0 City....corner....good delivery, scrappy as fuck
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby ruralblue » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Goal! Scrappy but one up!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Devante Cole is a nuisance....or maybe this Chelsea back 2 are a bit shit

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby twosips » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 pm

stream anyone? DM?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby ruralblue » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:31 pm

We get the ball out of our half well and stop them bringing it back from there's. The kids seem up for it and are chasing every ball down.

Just wish the kids would have the names on the back of the shirts to make life easier for is watching.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Sky Sports 5, the home of European football ................ until the end of the season!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Are all European games going to BT?

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Are all European games going to BT?

Yep, just as SS had all the games with ITV/Beeb. That's why they're going full-board with the European channel, trying to get you hooked on the overseas games. They'll charge you for it of course and even without the CL they'll probably be raising the fees.

When you look at the revenues between BT and Sky it's quite simply a total mismatch and if BT want it, they will get it. The only isuue is the platform as they don't have their own TV and have to piggy back off Sky.

BT haven't done this half-arsed, they want into TV and like Sky, they'll use a market leader (football) to promote their business.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vantage » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Our No 8 Fafana? Looks very handy
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:26 pm

What's the score, still 1-0?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:43 pm

1-1 now.....Facey sent off, City down to 10 for the last 10

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:52 pm

How life as improved as a City fan. Just watching the last few minutes of this game in my Newcastle hotel - 100m from the Gallowgate end - then I am off to see if there are any other early arrivals about.

Really buzzing about the season now

Fuck - that spoilt it
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vantage » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Vieira having it out with the ref proves he has lost none of his will to win. Undone by a deflected cross but plenty of positives from the game.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Unlucky tonight really. Could have had a couple early doors. Cole looks top. He will make it big somewhere, hopefully at City. He is explosive

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby twosips » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 pm

From what i've read, as i missed about half the game, Maffeo was excellent and so was Cole.

Quite like what i've seen of Cole. Really think he could scare the hell out of defences even as an impact player now if we really needed him. He'd do a lot fucking better than Scott Sinclair would for us, put it that way.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby ruralblue » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Lost two - one in the last minute of injury time. Played well as a unit, the lads seem well up for it and look good getting the ball forward. Patrick going off on one at ref at the end due to Facey's first yellow. Keeper looks good as does Fafana and Devante Cole can shift quick.

Like I said earlier it would really help if these kids had the names on the back of the shirts!
ruralblue

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 pm

I played against shay facey back in high school for our school teams! Really good player, always knew he would get a chance! What did he get sent off for if anyone knows?
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:I played against shay facey back in high school for our school teams! Really good player, always knew he would get a chance! What did he get sent off for if anyone knows?

He got sent off because Chelsea dive & City stay on their feet. His first booking was a fucking joke. The second was a foul & probably worth a booking, but a few minutes earlier, Devante Cole ran through, Chelsea defender tried to bodycheck him, advantage played, then he gets into the box, Chelsea defender flies in & catches him, nowhere near the ball, stays on his feet, no pen, no card for the other Chelsea defender.

Throughout the game City players were pushed under the ball, tripped etc etc, all they di was wave their arms at the ref, got fuck all, the other way around, Chelseaplayer hits the deck like he's been shot, every challenge, every fucking time; free kick.

If you don't cheat, in a game v this kind of team, you don't win; even at this level.

On another note: I don't get Horsefield. He's local, is that it ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:I played against shay facey back in high school for our school teams! Really good player, always knew he would get a chance! What did he get sent off for if anyone knows?

He got sent off because Chelsea dive & City stay on their feet. His first booking was a fucking joke. The second was a foul & probably worth a booking, but a few minutes earlier, Devante Cole ran through, Chelsea defender tried to bodycheck him, advantage played, then he gets into the box, Chelsea defender flies in & catches him, nowhere near the ball, stays on his feet, no pen, no card for the other Chelsea defender.

Throughout the game City players were pushed under the ball, tripped etc etc, all they di was wave their arms at the ref, got fuck all, the other way around, Chelseaplayer hits the deck like he's been shot, every challenge, every fucking time; free kick.

If you don't cheat, in a game v this kind of team, you don't win; even at this level.

On another note: I don't get Horsefield. He's local, is that it ?

Following on from the Senior Cup game v the scum where the difference was all about them being older/more physical and fouling.I was incensed by the Cole one where maybe the Chelsea players did just enough for the reef to give nothing but plenty to stop Cole scoring.

Facey was a little naive to commit the 2nd booking knowing he already had a yellow irrespective of the fact that the first one was a joke.I thought the ref got sucked into bookings even though I am not so sure he knew exactly what had happened.The 2nd one probably was a booking as Shay had allowed the guy to get the run on him and he just held him back.

As for Horsfield that's 2 games in a row now where he has come on and been invisible.He just lacks the quality we need but will get serious game time because so many of the best EDS players are going out on loan.Still though I think we have better players coming through who should get the game time.

Good to see Gunn play well last night but I really do like the look of Maffeo.Not sure he's a centre half but I guess Patrick is giving him the experience of playing there. Strange though as Bossaerts is more of a centre half and Maffeo a full back.That's if Boss is anything at all because he hasn't looked impressive wherever he has played for me. Angelino is looking ok considering his age but has to get better at the defensive part of his game.

Wasn't there talk of Cole going on loan to the SPL? Maybe that's just what he needs but he is definitely getting better and better.His final ball/shot still needs plenty of work but the threat he poses is there for all to see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum